C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BS Video from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 180 Likes on 100 Posts

Default BS Video from Germany

Guys:

I was just scanning some videos on streetfire, and found a vid (all in German) and they are testing many of the worlds fastest cars. They say they have a Z06 in the lineup, but show a C6 Vert Automatic . Look closely at time stamp 3:00, notice the "snail" crossing the road they focus in on while recording the C6 driving by.....

Whats up with that ? What are they tring to say ? They eventually show a Z06 in the lineup later in the video but I have no idea what they are saying.

inappropriate website

Last edited by Grumpy; 02-03-2007 at 10:31 PM.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

Danka, das ist sehr gut video und autos, but I couldn't understand a word of it.
Old 02-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Lightning Coyote
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are just trying to protect their sales. They do not want any American cars over there. They certainly don't mind selling them over here at sky high prices. They like our money but are not very fond of us. Thats why I love my American made CORVETTE!
Old 02-03-2007, 04:37 PM
yarbsea
Instructor

actually all european cars (bmw, mercedes..etc) are sold much cheaper here than over there....usually whatever it costs in euro's it costs in dollars here...which is around 10-20% LESS....just FYI
Old 02-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Was ist los?

Originally Posted by yarbsea
actually all european cars (bmw, mercedes..etc) are sold much cheaper here than over there....usually whatever it costs in euro's it costs in dollars here...which is around 10-20% LESS....just FYI
Irrespective of currency valuations this is probably due to the VAT and other taxes imposed.
Old 02-03-2007, 06:59 PM
smurfy
Intermediate

The video shows a maximum speed and acceleration test with a selection of super sport cars. The Z06 is one of them.
The scenes with the C6 and the Viper are taken from another episode broad casted by the same TV station. That was about the C6 and Viper only. I know because I have that clip. But near the end you will see that the car is indeed a Z06.

@Coyote: I like these "qualified" comments. No idea what they are talking about in the clip, but bla bla they don't like american cars. I'm a German and I bought a C6 here, and maybe one day I will show my Vette the Autobahn and what it means to drive fast. Because over there we have the freedom to drive fast. Also, our police is much more nicer than here.
And as far as I know, Germany is the biggest market for the Corvette after US/Canada.
Unfortunately for the american manufacturers, you can't sell a lot of big, heavy, gas guzzling cars in Europe. If you would live there, I guess you would be crying each time you see a gas station. How about paying $6.5 for a gallon premium?
Old 02-04-2007, 12:13 AM
LMB 4 ME
Safety Car

Location: Boca Raton Inlet, Atlantic Ocean (Floridas east coast)

Originally Posted by smurfy
The video shows a maximum speed and acceleration test with a selection of super sport cars. The Z06 is one of them.
The scenes with the C6 and the Viper are taken from another episode broad casted by the same TV station. That was about the C6 and Viper only. I know because I have that clip. But near the end you will see that the car is indeed a Z06.

@Coyote: I like these "qualified" comments. No idea what they are talking about in the clip, but bla bla they don't like american cars. I'm a German and I bought a C6 here, and maybe one day I will show my Vette the Autobahn and what it means to drive fast. Because over there we have the freedom to drive fast. Also, our police is much more nicer than here.
And as far as I know, Germany is the biggest market for the Corvette after US/Canada.
Unfortunately for the american manufacturers, you can't sell a lot of big, heavy, gas guzzling cars in Europe. If you would live there, I guess you would be crying each time you see a gas station. How about paying $6.5 for a gallon premium?

Get notified of new replies

To BS Video from Germany

Quick Reply: BS Video from Germany