CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06-136/)
-   -   [Z06] LS7 builders leave Wixom team (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-zr1-and-z06/2030135-ls7-builders-leave-wixom-team.html)

Hot Z06 05-20-2008 12:10 PM

LS7 builders leave Wixom team

12 LS7 engine builders left the Wixom team at once in Oct. 07

Bearman, Greg, Randy, Robin, Paul, Henry, Bill, Guy, Dale, Darril, Carl and Karl have gone to the Pontiac division powertrain engineering facility.

Good Luck to all:cheers:

Hope the new guy's are building the LS7's as good as you did:thumbs:

Varmit 05-20-2008 12:32 PM

Best of luck to them. By the way Henry, my engine has been nothing less than outstanding..great job!!!!

Woz Z06 05-20-2008 12:35 PM

What's the reason you figure for the mass exodus? The Wixom facility appears to be a nice-clean place to work. Apparently the Pontiac facility is better? Just curious.

bearmans 05-20-2008 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Woz Z06 (Post 1565541858)
What's the reason you figure for the mass exodus? The Wixom facility appears to be a nice-clean place to work. Apparently the Pontiac facility is better? Just curious.

While we will all miss building LS7's in Wixom, we wanted to get back to our "ROOTS". Most of the builders in Wixom came from the Engineering side of GM and when the opportunity to return to that opened, we took it. We are all now working on Powertrain prototype engines and transmissions. I really miss the one to one contact with the Z owners but I still ask when I see a Z, "Who built your engine?"
The crew still in Wixom are the next generation of LS7, LS9 & LC3 Northstar builders, picked for their expertise and dedication to quality...

Bearman

Woz Z06 05-20-2008 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by bearmans (Post 1565542566)
While we will all miss building LS7's in Wixom, we wanted to get back to our "ROOTS". Most of the builders in Wixom came from the Engineering side of GM and when the opportunity to return to that opened, we took it. We are all now working on Powertrain prototype engines and transmissions. I really miss the one to one contact with the Z owners but I still ask when I see a Z, "Who built your engine?"
The crew still in Wixom are the next generation of LS7, LS9 & LC3 Northstar builders, picked for their expertise and dedication to quality...

Bearman

Thanks for the reply, thanks for the awesome engines and best of luck to you. :thumbs:

Hot Z06 05-20-2008 02:23 PM

Bearman

Thank you Barry!!! GM is lucky to have you:thumbs:

chevyhipo 05-20-2008 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by RamonaC5 (Post 1565541823)
Best of luck to them. By the way Henry, my engine has been nothing less than outstanding..great job!!!!

Another Happy customer. I have met a lot of great people through the Z community in person and on this forum. The last 3 years have been the best :yesnod: out of my 31 years at GM. :cheers: even if I don’t own a Z I will be around here for a long time with my coupe.

Thanks Henry

LGR 05-20-2008 04:44 PM

Looks like somewhere between 8 and 12 more leaving by June 30.

Bill's ZO6 05-20-2008 04:54 PM

I would like to thank the Wixom engine builders for one fine engine. I also want to thank Bearman for setting up my contribution to the Ronald McDonald House up there. I have contibuted additionally since my original contribution. Good luck guys.

:flag:

curvesman 05-20-2008 05:20 PM

Best of luck! You guys did a great job! Keep up the great work!:cheers:

RubyZR1 05-20-2008 05:27 PM

Bearman

Bearmans(Barry), thanks to you & all the engine builders at the Wixom PBC and employees at BG from across the pond on behalf of the C6Z06 owners downunder.:cheers:

GMuffley 05-20-2008 07:18 PM

We hope your replacements will exhibit the same dedication to that you brought to the job every day.

bearmans 05-20-2008 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by RubyZR1 (Post 1565546264)
Bearmans(Barry), thanks to you & all the engine builders at the Wixom PBC and employees at BG from across the pond on behalf of the C6Z06 owners downunder.:cheers:

Thanks Wayne!! Just cause I don't build LS7's anymore don't mean ya have to stop writing to me!! LOL!!!

Thank you Wayne and to all who have taken the time to get to know your engine builder and for letting us be a part of your Z06 ownership, and for making donations to the Ronald McDonald House's of Detroit & Ann Arbor Michigan through the Wixom Builder posters. Together, we have made a positive impact on so many others... :thumbs:

Bearman

40YRW8 05-20-2008 08:38 PM

Baerman,
My name is Gary Knox and I waited 40 years for my first Vette, a 2007 VY Z. Please, if you get a chance to see Daryl Eastlick, pass along my thanks for his dedication and expertise. My "427" is absolutely amazing and has been absolutely flawless in both appearance and function. You guys (and a girl or two) ROCK! You guys are a credit to your profession.

Lead Foot 66 05-21-2008 12:26 AM

Bearman,

My thanks to you for your helping me set up a tour of the PBC. My brother and I, and our wives took the tour on April 8, 2008 (two days before I picked up my Z06), and met Bruce Elam who built my engine.

The PBC tour was the highlight of our experience. I came away from that with a newfound respect for the Z06s and the dedication of these expert engine builders. We also enjoyed our tour leaders (Tim Schag, Tom Dolson, and Jeff Stafford) for one outstanding tour.

Please pass on my thanks to all of the team at the PBC and those who have left, but set the very high standards.:hurray:

BTW, my Z is delightful:thumbs: :cheers: :D

RC45 05-21-2008 12:39 AM

So was it the original crew or the replacement crew that built the LS7 crate motors that shipped with spun bearings?

:bigears :rofl:

Torched 05-21-2008 12:53 AM

I would like to thank all the past present and future LS7 engine builders for their dedication and expertise. LGR if you see Rick Dadd please thank him for an amazing engine that has surpassed my expectations. A Big :cheers: to you all. :thumbs: Greg

Torched 05-21-2008 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by RC45 (Post 1565553294)
So was it the original crew or the replacement crew that built the LS7 crate motors that shipped with spun bearings?

:bigears :rofl:

:withstupid:

kawal 05-21-2008 02:31 AM

Thanks to Bearmans

Thank you, Barry, for setting up our great tour last summer with Robert Vernier as our host. My wife, Elna, and I really enjoyed meeting you, Robert, and Tim.

You may recall that Steve Collins built my engine, so if you ever see him, please tell him it is still running great.

Good luck in your new job.

Regards,

Ray

SC TROJAN GRAD 05-21-2008 08:18 AM

thanks Barry.