Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LS7 builders leave Wixom team

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Hot Z06
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 builders leave Wixom team

12 LS7 engine builders left the Wixom team at once in Oct. 07

Bearman, Greg, Randy, Robin, Paul, Henry, Bill, Guy, Dale, Darril, Carl and Karl have gone to the Pontiac division powertrain engineering facility.

Good Luck to all

Hope the new guy's are building the LS7's as good as you did
Old 05-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Varmit
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Best of luck to them. By the way Henry, my engine has been nothing less than outstanding..great job!!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
Woz Z06
Instructor

What's the reason you figure for the mass exodus? The Wixom facility appears to be a nice-clean place to work. Apparently the Pontiac facility is better? Just curious.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:22 PM
bearmans
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Woz Z06
What's the reason you figure for the mass exodus? The Wixom facility appears to be a nice-clean place to work. Apparently the Pontiac facility is better? Just curious.
While we will all miss building LS7's in Wixom, we wanted to get back to our "ROOTS". Most of the builders in Wixom came from the Engineering side of GM and when the opportunity to return to that opened, we took it. We are all now working on Powertrain prototype engines and transmissions. I really miss the one to one contact with the Z owners but I still ask when I see a Z, "Who built your engine?"
The crew still in Wixom are the next generation of LS7, LS9 & LC3 Northstar builders, picked for their expertise and dedication to quality...

Bearman
Old 05-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Woz Z06
Instructor

Originally Posted by bearmans
While we will all miss building LS7's in Wixom, we wanted to get back to our "ROOTS". Most of the builders in Wixom came from the Engineering side of GM and when the opportunity to return to that opened, we took it. We are all now working on Powertrain prototype engines and transmissions. I really miss the one to one contact with the Z owners but I still ask when I see a Z, "Who built your engine?"
The crew still in Wixom are the next generation of LS7, LS9 & LC3 Northstar builders, picked for their expertise and dedication to quality...

Bearman
Thanks for the reply, thanks for the awesome engines and best of luck to you.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Hot Z06
Pro

Bearman
Thank you Barry!!! GM is lucky to have you
Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 PM
chevyhipo
Racer

Originally Posted by RamonaC5
Best of luck to them. By the way Henry, my engine has been nothing less than outstanding..great job!!!!
Another Happy customer. I have met a lot of great people through the Z community in person and on this forum. The last 3 years have been the best out of my 31 years at GM. even if I don’t own a Z I will be around here for a long time with my coupe.

Thanks Henry
Old 05-20-2008, 04:44 PM
LGR
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like somewhere between 8 and 12 more leaving by June 30.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Bill's ZO6
Racer

I would like to thank the Wixom engine builders for one fine engine. I also want to thank Bearman for setting up my contribution to the Ronald McDonald House up there. I have contibuted additionally since my original contribution. Good luck guys.

Old 05-20-2008, 05:20 PM
curvesman
Safety Car

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified 2020

Best of luck! You guys did a great job! Keep up the great work!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:27 PM
RubyZR1
Racer

Bearman
Bearmans(Barry), thanks to you & all the engine builders at the Wixom PBC and employees at BG from across the pond on behalf of the C6Z06 owners downunder.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:18 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

We hope your replacements will exhibit the same dedication to that you brought to the job every day.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:59 PM
bearmans
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RubyZR1
Bearmans(Barry), thanks to you & all the engine builders at the Wixom PBC and employees at BG from across the pond on behalf of the C6Z06 owners downunder.
Thanks Wayne!! Just cause I don't build LS7's anymore don't mean ya have to stop writing to me!! LOL!!!

Thank you Wayne and to all who have taken the time to get to know your engine builder and for letting us be a part of your Z06 ownership, and for making donations to the Ronald McDonald House's of Detroit & Ann Arbor Michigan through the Wixom Builder posters. Together, we have made a positive impact on so many others...

Bearman
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
40YRW8
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Baerman,
My name is Gary Knox and I waited 40 years for my first Vette, a 2007 VY Z. Please, if you get a chance to see Daryl Eastlick, pass along my thanks for his dedication and expertise. My "427" is absolutely amazing and has been absolutely flawless in both appearance and function. You guys (and a girl or two) ROCK! You guys are a credit to your profession.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 AM
Lead Foot 66
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 81 Posts

Bearman,

My thanks to you for your helping me set up a tour of the PBC. My brother and I, and our wives took the tour on April 8, 2008 (two days before I picked up my Z06), and met Bruce Elam who built my engine.

The PBC tour was the highlight of our experience. I came away from that with a newfound respect for the Z06s and the dedication of these expert engine builders. We also enjoyed our tour leaders (Tim Schag, Tom Dolson, and Jeff Stafford) for one outstanding tour.

Please pass on my thanks to all of the team at the PBC and those who have left, but set the very high standards.

BTW, my Z is delightful

Last edited by Lead Foot 66; 05-22-2008 at 12:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ZR1testguy (09-23-2023)
Old 05-21-2008, 12:39 AM
RC45
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So was it the original crew or the replacement crew that built the LS7 crate motors that shipped with spun bearings?

Old 05-21-2008, 12:53 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

I would like to thank all the past present and future LS7 engine builders for their dedication and expertise. LGR if you see Rick Dadd please thank him for an amazing engine that has surpassed my expectations. A Big to you all. Greg

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 builders leave Wixom team

Old 05-21-2008, 12:55 AM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RC45
So was it the original crew or the replacement crew that built the LS7 crate motors that shipped with spun bearings?

Old 05-21-2008, 02:31 AM
kawal
Emerging Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Thanks to Bearmans

Thank you, Barry, for setting up our great tour last summer with Robert Vernier as our host. My wife, Elna, and I really enjoyed meeting you, Robert, and Tim.

You may recall that Steve Collins built my engine, so if you ever see him, please tell him it is still running great.

Good luck in your new job.

Regards,

Ray
Old 05-21-2008, 08:18 AM
SC TROJAN GRAD
Melting Slicks

thanks Barry.

Quick Reply: [Z06] LS7 builders leave Wixom team