CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Happy customer, got to have product! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2577501-happy-customer-got-to-have-product.html)

iridelow 04-20-2010 04:11 PM

Happy customer, got to have product!

To start with, I am not a vender and do not sell these things, but WOW! What a difference.:eek: I have an 05 vert with borla stingers and love the sound. But on the interstate and highway speeds, the car is just kind of loud. Not just from the exhaust, but from road noise. So I bought the new "blockit' insolation kit sold here on the forum. Not the kind that requires you to remove the carpet or anything. Just put two pads behind the seats and one pad in you truck, or cargo area for a coupe. I drove my car at 70+ MPH for a good ways last night and WOW!!! Much smoother and peacefull sound. The stereo sounded better and the car just seems so much quieter in the cab area. I have had a C6 coupe and now have a C6 vert, and I promise you, this thing works! Just wanted to shout out a nice mod.:cheers:

coryvte 04-20-2010 04:25 PM

Priceless:willy:

First, make it louder with Stingers,
then make it quieter with Blockit.

VettinFan 04-20-2010 04:31 PM

Your report has solidified many of the positive comments I've read here about the product. I like leaving my NPP open, so this will allow me to help subside the cockpit noise, while maintaining that great sound outside. Thanks for your post.

iridelow 04-20-2010 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by coryvte (Post 1573821823)
Priceless:willy:

First, make it louder with Stingers,
then make it quieter with Blockit.

Like I said, it's not just the exhaust. Our cars have pretty harsh road noise, like any other vette made. True the C6 is a little more refined and somewhat quiter than the C5, but the Blockit kit makes it feel like a C7 will ride. Just more refined, less road noise and just kind of "sealed" inside the cab. Try it, it's hard to explain. But I am happy!;)

gp56 04-21-2010 08:20 PM

Block it helped in my car also.

TKO Performance 04-22-2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by iridelow (Post 1573821687)
To start with, I am not a vender and do not sell these things, but WOW! What a difference.:eek: I have an 05 vert with borla stingers and love the sound. But on the interstate and highway speeds, the car is just kind of loud. Not just from the exhaust, but from road noise. So I bought the new "blockit' insolation kit sold here on the forum. Not the kind that requires you to remove the carpet or anything. Just put two pads behind the seats and one pad in you truck, or cargo area for a coupe. I drove my car at 70+ MPH for a good ways last night and WOW!!! Much smoother and peacefull sound. The stereo sounded better and the car just seems so much quieter in the cab area. I have had a C6 coupe and now have a C6 vert, and I promise you, this thing works! Just wanted to shout out a nice mod.:cheers:

Fantatsic! Great to hear everyone! Real glad your happy with our product, Blockit.
Thank you iridelow for the thread/write up!
Whats nice is it takes a bite out of the cabin noise yet it lets the sweet sound of your Borlas come through when you get on it! :thumbs:

Again, thanks everybody for posting. Enjoy what your not missing....
Ed

PCMusicGuy 04-22-2010 09:08 AM

I like the idea of this product but I access the cargo holders (both sides) frequently. How much sound enters from there? If it is insignificant I could always cut off the "ears" of the cargo mat right?

T's C6 04-22-2010 11:48 AM

I am waiting for mine to come in. Ordered Sunday.

LS WON 04-22-2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by TKO Performance (Post 1573840636)
Fantatsic! Great to hear everyone! Real glad your happy with our product, Blockit.
Thank you iridelow for the thread/write up!
Whats nice is it takes a bite out of the cabin noise yet it lets the sweet sound of your Borlas come through when you get on it! :thumbs:

Again, thanks everybody for posting. Enjoy what your not missing....
Ed

What's the price and availability of this product?:bigears

iridelow 04-22-2010 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy (Post 1573840982)
I like the idea of this product but I access the cargo holders (both sides) frequently. How much sound enters from there? If it is insignificant I could always cut off the "ears" of the cargo mat right?

I have a LLoyds rear mat as well and you can lift up both mats very easy to get to the cargo area. I use my little pockets all the time as well. No problems to get to.:thumbs:

Harry2 04-22-2010 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by iridelow (Post 1573844222)
I have a LLoyds rear mat as well and you can lift up both mats very easy to get to the cargo area. I use my little pockets all the time as well. No problems to get to.:thumbs:

I just got my GS vert, does the "blockit" cushion mat really make a difference with the top down, or just in the top up position? What is more important for noise reduction, the behind the seat cushions, or the trunk, or are both needed to reduce the road noise? Let me know, I may want to order the set for my vert.

Thanks,

Harry

BB 2005 04-22-2010 07:24 PM

I just ordered today, had to pay full price and shipping ($251) so I am really disappointed I missed the group buy, but this still sounds like just the ticket to go for a quiet ride with the wife (NPP Closed). I was thinking today while I had the top down, that it will only help when I have the top on, but that is just a guess. I'll post again after I get it installed.

iridelow 04-22-2010 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by harry2 (Post 1573846727)
I just got my GS vert, does the "blockit" cushion mat really make a difference with the top down, or just in the top up position? What is more important for noise reduction, the behind the seat cushions, or the trunk, or are both needed to reduce the road noise? Let me know, I may want to order the set for my vert.

Thanks,

Harry

It helps in both ways, top up or down! With the top up, the cab is about 50% better. With the top down, it still gives you a better ride by reducing the road noise. I don't know if the trunk mat works better or the behind the seats mats, but I just used the whole set and LOVE the results! Seriously....Make the car feel like a whole new vehicle, noise wise! And I swear, with the top up, it sounds like my stock Bose stereo has a better amp installed!!!

Gearhead Jim 04-22-2010 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by PCMusicGuy (Post 1573840982)

If desired, you could mark the proper location, remove from trunk, and carefully cut a slit in the Blockit matt so it would be easier to lift that one section up. Or cut out that section competely and just lay it in place.

I've even got a Lloyds mat on top of it and it's still not a big problem getting into the cubbys, so I haven't modified it.

jojog 04-23-2010 07:03 AM

TKO Blockit, Attack Filter and Firestone Wide Ovals (RFT) have made my car much more pleasurable to drive and ride in as a passenger (per wife). The combo described, coupled with the MTW allows one to go from screaming banshi to refined cruiser in a click. Thanks again, Ed!

BB 2005 05-02-2010 04:27 PM

Wife noticed the difference!

Originally Posted by BB 2005 (Post 1573847315)
I just ordered today, had to pay full price and shipping ($251) so I am really disappointed I missed the group buy, but this still sounds like just the ticket to go for a quiet ride with the wife (NPP Closed). I was thinking today while I had the top down, that it will only help when I have the top on, but that is just a guess. I'll post again after I get it installed.

installed yesterday, wife noticed the difference! Works for me. Seems to work despite the lack of software or complex electronics:thumbs:

Xedes 05-02-2010 04:32 PM

Will this interfere with the Madvette's cargo divider?

check6x 05-02-2010 09:52 PM

I have Nitto Invos' on order and I hope they make a significant difference (less dB).

SinCityJets 05-02-2010 09:55 PM

A link to purchase??

LS WON 05-03-2010 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by BB 2005 (Post 1573847315)

Yes do let us know if it works to your satisfaction unfortunately this company doesn't except credit cards so I will hold off for now.:crazy: