CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Northern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northern-california-126/)
-   -   Corvette Care open house (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/northern-california/2586596-corvette-care-open-house.html)

SmokinBill's C6 05-03-2010 10:19 AM

Corvette Care open house

Caravan from MSI to Corvette care. had a great time. Nice shop, and some great looking work going on there.
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/DSCN0110.jpg
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/DSCN0119.jpg
http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/o...s/DSCN0123.jpg

TrplBlk01 05-03-2010 04:52 PM

I stopped going there once Terry left and Owners changed!
:mad:

LS WON 05-03-2010 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by TrplBlk01 (Post 1573958011)

Don't forget the donuts:thumbs:
When did Terry leave?:bigears

TrplBlk01 05-03-2010 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by LS WON (Post 1573958420)
Don't forget the donuts:thumbs:
When did Terry leave?:bigears

left Corvette Care?
Years ago!

LS WON 05-03-2010 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by TrplBlk01 (Post 1573958514)
left Corvette Care?
Years ago!

Is the the company MSI in Roseville?:lurk:

50 4Ever 05-03-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by LS WON (Post 1573958568)
Is the the company MSI in Roseville?:lurk:

Yes.... :thumbs:

LS WON 05-03-2010 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by 50 4Ever (Post 1573958621)
Yes.... :thumbs:

I saw him there a few months ago maybe it was in March?:lurk:
He must have just left.

anothertoy 05-04-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by TrplBlk01 (Post 1573958011)

The owners have changed again and I hear they are doing really good work now.:thumbs:

LS WON 05-04-2010 04:14 PM

QUOTE=anothertoy;1573968216]The owners have changed again and I hear they are doing really good work now.:thumbs:[/QUOTE]

Who are the new owners?:bigears

http://www.motorsportimage.com/

:lurk:

SMOKNC6Z06 05-05-2010 12:37 AM

Ok just to set the record straight here is what happened. I worked at Corvette Care for 2 years when Dick and Keith owned their new shop. I specialized in all of the C5 work. I left to open a shop in Roseville that specializes in late model Corvette performance and suspension. I have been at Motor Sport Image in Roseville for 7 years.
Dick and Keith are good people and sold the shop a couple of years after I left. Another owner drove their reputation to the ground. Now Dick and Keith got the shop back and things are looking good again. They are the best in restorations of C1,C2, and C3's. Keith is a NCRS judge.
But if you need C5, C6 or 2010 Camaro performance you need to come to MSI. We do supercharging, laser alignments, corner weighting (we set up a lot of race cars and hot rods, tires, wheels,accessories, and much more. We supercharged 3 2010 Camaros already. We are an authorized Magnacharger and Edelbrock supercharger installation center.
Every Sat. we have a couple of dozen Corvettes hanging out. Everyone is welcome to come by and check us out.
Thanks!
Terry

anothertoy 05-05-2010 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by LS WON (Post 1573968735)
QUOTE=anothertoy;1573968216]The owners have changed again and I hear they are doing really good work now.:thumbs:

Who are the new owners?:bigears

http://www.motorsportimage.com/

:lurk:[/QUOTE]

Not sure who the new owners are, sounds like Terry does though. I just know they just moved into a new larger facility and do great work on the older vettes in cluding frame off restorations. I have a C5 and live just down the street from MSI so I've never been to Corvette Care myself, just telling you guys what I've heard.;)

NicksZ 05-05-2010 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by SMOKNC6Z06 (Post 1573973868)
Ok just to set the record straight here is what happened. I worked at Corvette Care for 2 years when Dick and Keith owned their new shop. I specialized in all of the C5 work. I left to open a shop in Roseville that specializes in late model Corvette performance and suspension. I have been at Motor Sport Image in Roseville for 7 years.
Dick and Keith are good people and sold the shop a couple of years after I left. Another owner drove their reputation to the ground. Now Dick and Keith got the shop back and things are looking good again. They are the best in restorations of C1,C2, and C3's. Keith is a NCRS judge.
But if you need C5, C6 or 2010 Camaro performance you need to come to MSI. We do supercharging, laser alignments, corner weighting (we set up a lot of race cars and hot rods, tires, wheels,accessories, and much more. We supercharged 3 2010 Camaros already. We are an authorized Magnacharger and Edelbrock supercharger installation center.
Every Sat. we have a couple of dozen Corvettes hanging out. Everyone is welcome to come by and check us out.
Thanks!
Terry

I think Terry is waaay off base here!! I know the current owner of Corvette Care as a guy named Phil who is a really good, cool Corvette guy. He has always taken the time to talk with me about Corvettes and ideas I have with my '03 Z, etc... I certainly do not think any reputation has been run into the ground... for me, just the opposite, Dick and Keith put me off several times, where as Phil has made me feel very comfortable... new shop is very nice too...

SMOKNC6Z06 05-05-2010 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by NicksZ (Post 1573979852)
I think Terry is waaay off base here!! I know the current owner of Corvette Care as a guy named Phil who is a really good, cool Corvette guy. He has always taken the time to talk with me about Corvettes and ideas I have with my '03 Z, etc... I certainly do not think any reputation has been run into the ground... for me, just the opposite, Dick and Keith put me off several times, where as Phil has made me feel very comfortable... new shop is very nice too...

Gee, guess I don't know what I am talking about. :eek: There are 4 owners, with Phil being one of them.

NicksZ 05-05-2010 05:42 PM

Then idenitfy that in your post!!!... as I read your post, you were trashing the one guy that I know as the owner of that place... Most people idneitfy Phill as the current owner and your post suggests that he has been displaced.

SMOKNC6Z06 05-05-2010 07:37 PM

:cheers:

Originally Posted by NicksZ (Post 1573981221)
Then idenitfy that in your post!!!... as I read your post, you were trashing the one guy that I know as the owner of that place... Most people idneitfy Phill as the current owner and your post suggests that he has been displaced.

Obviously you didn't know there were different owners before Phil. I never said anything about Phil. I was just trying to pat Corvette Care on the back for what they are today. Geez

NicksZ 05-06-2010 04:01 PM

Thanks!
Terry

Yup - This paragraph sure sounds like you are patting Corvette Care on the back... by telling folks that they NEED to come your shop.. and promoting your shop in their open house thread...

Obvioulsy, the one time I came to your shop Terry - I had a horrible experience... and it irks me that you jump in on this thread and while allegedly patting Corvette Care on the back you take the opportunity to prompote your shop.

TrplBlk01 05-06-2010 07:23 PM

Thanks!
Terry

Hey Terry!!!
The man, The myth, The Legend! :D:thumbs:
Hope all is well and thanks for clearing that up. Now that Dick and Keith are back I will be returning to Corvette Care!! Once you and then Keith and Dick left I found my experiences there to be well... to be frank, Horrible!! Glad to hear they are back cause I need to get some work done!

LS WON 05-07-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by TrplBlk01 (Post 1573992747)
Hey Terry!!!
The man, The myth, The Legend! :D:thumbs:
Hope all is well and thanks for clearing that up. Now that Dick and Keith are back I will be returning to Corvette Care!! Once you and then Keith and Dick left I found my experiences there to be well... to be frank, Horrible!! Glad to hear they are back cause I need to get some work done!

This is at 812 Atlantic Blvd. in Roseville?:bigears

50 4Ever 05-07-2010 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by LS WON (Post 1573998423)
This is at 812 Atlantic Blvd. in Roseville?:bigears

This address is for MSI where Terry is. Corvette Care is in Rancho Cordova.

:thumbs:

LS WON 05-07-2010 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by 50 4Ever (Post 1574003567)
This address is for MSI where Terry is. Corvette Care is in Rancho Cordova.

:thumbs:

So these are two different businesses. Not even the same person Terry?:lurk: