Northern California Northern California

Corvette Care open house

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 AM
SmokinBill's C6
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Corvette Care open house

Caravan from MSI to Corvette care. had a great time. Nice shop, and some great looking work going on there.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:52 PM
TrplBlk01
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stopped going there once Terry left and Owners changed!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:33 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 272 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by TrplBlk01
Don't forget the donuts
When did Terry leave?
Old 05-03-2010, 05:42 PM
TrplBlk01
Safety Car

Originally Posted by LS WON
Don't forget the donuts
When did Terry leave?
left Corvette Care?
Years ago!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

left Corvette Care?
Years ago!
Is the the company MSI in Roseville?
Old 05-03-2010, 05:51 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Is the the company MSI in Roseville?
Yes....
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 50 4Ever
Yes....
I saw him there a few months ago maybe it was in March?
He must have just left.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:18 PM
anothertoy
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The owners have changed again and I hear they are doing really good work now.
Old 05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

QUOTE=anothertoy;1573968216]The owners have changed again and I hear they are doing really good work now.[/QUOTE]

Who are the new owners?

http://www.motorsportimage.com/

Last edited by LS WON; 05-04-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:37 AM
0SMOKNC6Z06
Former Vendor

Ok just to set the record straight here is what happened. I worked at Corvette Care for 2 years when Dick and Keith owned their new shop. I specialized in all of the C5 work. I left to open a shop in Roseville that specializes in late model Corvette performance and suspension. I have been at Motor Sport Image in Roseville for 7 years.
Dick and Keith are good people and sold the shop a couple of years after I left. Another owner drove their reputation to the ground. Now Dick and Keith got the shop back and things are looking good again. They are the best in restorations of C1,C2, and C3's. Keith is a NCRS judge.
But if you need C5, C6 or 2010 Camaro performance you need to come to MSI. We do supercharging, laser alignments, corner weighting (we set up a lot of race cars and hot rods, tires, wheels,accessories, and much more. We supercharged 3 2010 Camaros already. We are an authorized Magnacharger and Edelbrock supercharger installation center.
Every Sat. we have a couple of dozen Corvettes hanging out. Everyone is welcome to come by and check us out.
Thanks!
Terry
Old 05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
anothertoy
Racer

QUOTE=anothertoy;1573968216]The owners have changed again and I hear they are doing really good work now.
Who are the new owners?

http://www.motorsportimage.com/

[/QUOTE]

Not sure who the new owners are, sounds like Terry does though. I just know they just moved into a new larger facility and do great work on the older vettes in cluding frame off restorations. I have a C5 and live just down the street from MSI so I've never been to Corvette Care myself, just telling you guys what I've heard.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:36 PM
NicksZ
Racer

Originally Posted by SMOKNC6Z06
Ok just to set the record straight here is what happened. I worked at Corvette Care for 2 years when Dick and Keith owned their new shop. I specialized in all of the C5 work. I left to open a shop in Roseville that specializes in late model Corvette performance and suspension. I have been at Motor Sport Image in Roseville for 7 years.
Dick and Keith are good people and sold the shop a couple of years after I left. Another owner drove their reputation to the ground. Now Dick and Keith got the shop back and things are looking good again. They are the best in restorations of C1,C2, and C3's. Keith is a NCRS judge.
But if you need C5, C6 or 2010 Camaro performance you need to come to MSI. We do supercharging, laser alignments, corner weighting (we set up a lot of race cars and hot rods, tires, wheels,accessories, and much more. We supercharged 3 2010 Camaros already. We are an authorized Magnacharger and Edelbrock supercharger installation center.
Every Sat. we have a couple of dozen Corvettes hanging out. Everyone is welcome to come by and check us out.
Thanks!
Terry
I think Terry is waaay off base here!! I know the current owner of Corvette Care as a guy named Phil who is a really good, cool Corvette guy. He has always taken the time to talk with me about Corvettes and ideas I have with my '03 Z, etc... I certainly do not think any reputation has been run into the ground... for me, just the opposite, Dick and Keith put me off several times, where as Phil has made me feel very comfortable... new shop is very nice too...
Old 05-05-2010, 05:36 PM
0SMOKNC6Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NicksZ
I think Terry is waaay off base here!! I know the current owner of Corvette Care as a guy named Phil who is a really good, cool Corvette guy. He has always taken the time to talk with me about Corvettes and ideas I have with my '03 Z, etc... I certainly do not think any reputation has been run into the ground... for me, just the opposite, Dick and Keith put me off several times, where as Phil has made me feel very comfortable... new shop is very nice too...
Gee, guess I don't know what I am talking about. There are 4 owners, with Phil being one of them.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:42 PM
NicksZ
Racer

Then idenitfy that in your post!!!... as I read your post, you were trashing the one guy that I know as the owner of that place... Most people idneitfy Phill as the current owner and your post suggests that he has been displaced.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:37 PM
0SMOKNC6Z06
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by NicksZ
Then idenitfy that in your post!!!... as I read your post, you were trashing the one guy that I know as the owner of that place... Most people idneitfy Phill as the current owner and your post suggests that he has been displaced.

Obviously you didn't know there were different owners before Phil. I never said anything about Phil. I was just trying to pat Corvette Care on the back for what they are today. Geez
Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 PM
NicksZ
Racer

Thanks!
Terry

Yup - This paragraph sure sounds like you are patting Corvette Care on the back... by telling folks that they NEED to come your shop.. and promoting your shop in their open house thread...

Obvioulsy, the one time I came to your shop Terry - I had a horrible experience... and it irks me that you jump in on this thread and while allegedly patting Corvette Care on the back you take the opportunity to prompote your shop.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:23 PM
TrplBlk01
Safety Car

Thanks!
Terry

Hey Terry!!!
The man, The myth, The Legend!
Hope all is well and thanks for clearing that up. Now that Dick and Keith are back I will be returning to Corvette Care!! Once you and then Keith and Dick left I found my experiences there to be well... to be frank, Horrible!! Glad to hear they are back cause I need to get some work done!

Last edited by TrplBlk01; 05-07-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Care open house

Old 05-07-2010, 10:50 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Hey Terry!!!
The man, The myth, The Legend!
Hope all is well and thanks for clearing that up. Now that Dick and Keith are back I will be returning to Corvette Care!! Once you and then Keith and Dick left I found my experiences there to be well... to be frank, Horrible!! Glad to hear they are back cause I need to get some work done!
This is at 812 Atlantic Blvd. in Roseville?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
50 4Ever
Wil Cooksey #256
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

This is at 812 Atlantic Blvd. in Roseville?
This address is for MSI where Terry is. Corvette Care is in Rancho Cordova.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:39 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 50 4Ever
This address is for MSI where Terry is. Corvette Care is in Rancho Cordova.

So these are two different businesses. Not even the same person Terry?

Quick Reply: Corvette Care open house