CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   DMH electric cutout problems (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/2624642-dmh-electric-cutout-problems.html)

rvaughn 06-25-2010 03:56 PM

DMH electric cutout problems

My son-in-law and I both have 2005 C6's with DMH electric cutouts. We installed the cutouts about 2 years ago and they have been great.

We're both begining to have problems with our cutouts. They don't sound as if they are completely closing or opening. We also both have a high tin sounding rattle that is extremely annoying and embarrasing.

Anyone had similar problems?

dicky 06-27-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by rvaughn (Post 1574507560)
My son-in-law and I both have 2005 C6's with DMH electric cutouts. We installed the cutouts about 2 years ago and they have been great.

We're both begining to have problems with our cutouts. They don't sound as if they are completely closing or opening. We also both have a high tin sounding rattle that is extremely annoying and embarrasing.

the high tin sound could be because it might be touching one of the heat sheilds on the bottom of the car, well thats what caused mine to make a rattle

dicky

drivinfast 06-27-2010 03:22 PM

you can get a GoPro mini video camera and mount it so it videos the cut outs as well as the audio, obviously mount it off to the side somewhere. upload it to your computer and see if what you think is happening or not.....the Cut Out motors may just be wore out and need replacing. I think thats pretty common...

thats why the vacuum NPP or Zo6 mufflers dont have near the issues. there is no electric motor.

MPM IV 06-27-2010 06:32 PM

Look under it and have someone hit the button. Put it up on jack stands if you have to, but then you'll know what it's doing. I had a problem with mine and called Dave. He had me send it back and rebuilt and returned it. No problems since.

Pewter1 03-31-2013 12:09 PM

DMH Performance!

I sent mine in in January, after calling and telling them the problem, have not been able to contact them since with voicemails fully, email not returned, nor my cutouts returned.......

Redrocket1045 03-31-2013 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pewter1 (Post 1583509391)
I sent mine in in January, after calling and telling them the problem, have not been able to contact them since with voicemails fully, email not returned, nor my cutouts returned.......

That's what others have said ....... poor customer support.
I ended up going with QTP.

Joe_G 03-31-2013 12:42 PM

QTP has excellent customer service. I've sent many folks there and every single person has been happy. My cutouts are 6 years old and still going great.

Give them a call, Barry and his staff will take care of you.

(973) 513-9955

c6 376 03-31-2013 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by rvaughn (Post 1574507560)

my DMH were loose,retight the four allen screws on the electric
motor mount , and clean them with silicon spray
good luck