C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DMH electric cutout problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 03:56 PM
rvaughn
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DMH electric cutout problems

My son-in-law and I both have 2005 C6's with DMH electric cutouts. We installed the cutouts about 2 years ago and they have been great.

We're both begining to have problems with our cutouts. They don't sound as if they are completely closing or opening. We also both have a high tin sounding rattle that is extremely annoying and embarrasing.

Anyone had similar problems?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:57 AM
dicky
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rvaughn
My son-in-law and I both have 2005 C6's with DMH electric cutouts. We installed the cutouts about 2 years ago and they have been great.

We're both begining to have problems with our cutouts. They don't sound as if they are completely closing or opening. We also both have a high tin sounding rattle that is extremely annoying and embarrasing.

the high tin sound could be because it might be touching one of the heat sheilds on the bottom of the car, well thats what caused mine to make a rattle

dicky
Old 06-27-2010, 03:22 PM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can get a GoPro mini video camera and mount it so it videos the cut outs as well as the audio, obviously mount it off to the side somewhere. upload it to your computer and see if what you think is happening or not.....the Cut Out motors may just be wore out and need replacing. I think thats pretty common...

thats why the vacuum NPP or Zo6 mufflers dont have near the issues. there is no electric motor.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:32 PM
MPM IV
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Look under it and have someone hit the button. Put it up on jack stands if you have to, but then you'll know what it's doing. I had a problem with mine and called Dave. He had me send it back and rebuilt and returned it. No problems since.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 PM
Pewter1
Pro

Default DMH Performance!

I sent mine in in January, after calling and telling them the problem, have not been able to contact them since with voicemails fully, email not returned, nor my cutouts returned.......
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Redrocket1045
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pewter1
I sent mine in in January, after calling and telling them the problem, have not been able to contact them since with voicemails fully, email not returned, nor my cutouts returned.......
That's what others have said ....... poor customer support.
I ended up going with QTP.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Joe_G
Tech Contributor

Received 252 Likes on 217 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

QTP has excellent customer service. I've sent many folks there and every single person has been happy. My cutouts are 6 years old and still going great.

Give them a call, Barry and his staff will take care of you.

(973) 513-9955
Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 PM
c6 376
Advanced

Originally Posted by rvaughn

my DMH were loose,retight the four allen screws on the electric
motor mount , and clean them with silicon spray
good luck

Get notified of new replies

To DMH electric cutout problems

Quick Reply: DMH electric cutout problems