CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Autocrossing & Roadracing (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing-23/)
-   -   How has an Accusump worked out for you? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2677456-how-has-an-accusump-worked-out-for-you.html)

milk4coffee 01-23-2024 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio (Post 1575282318)
Though it will not tell you if the valve opened it will show you it was supposed to or did not even try.

Add a 12 volt high brightness LED, mounted in line of site, wired to the solenoid which is fed with 12 volts when the pressure switch activates.

------------

The nest level up would be to add a contact switch to the valve that would actuate the LED, then you know for sure if the valve operated.

While on the track and corner loads activate the system, you will see it with the LED so you know it is doing the job or at least trying to.

Next time on the same corner, or next corner it should activate on, if it does not, shut down and check the gauges, get off the track if no oil pressure, etc, might save and engine and or oiling the track, crashing from your own oil......( Have been off the track backwards at speed due to my own oil slick, a bit scary to say the least)

Cost, a few bucks.
Time, hardly any.
Advantages, many.

Not sure if ever done but one race shop I mentioned this to was quite impressed with my simple idea:)

Anyone end up trying this? I'm wiring up my Accusump valve now with a switch and relay. Would love some feedback on this.

VikingTrad3r 01-24-2024 10:49 AM

Has anyone tried the improved racing trapdoor/baffle insert? There is an 11 year old video on youtube that looks pretty good in terms of not letting fluid leave the pickup area?

Also, has anyone found a pan insert like this for a sbc?

I called kevko and the fella said straight up that his pans will not be good enough for a racing environment.

Also…i read through this thread and i saw the posts about a long sweeper that drains the pressure reservoir followed by a period of time required to fill the reservoir. Possibly a high volume pump to solve that issue?

milk4coffee 01-24-2024 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r (Post 1607458180)
Has anyone tried the improved racing trapdoor/baffle insert? There is an 11 year old video on youtube that looks pretty good in terms of not letting fluid leave the pickup area?

Also, has anyone found a pan insert like this for a sbc?

I called kevko and the fella said straight up that his pans will not be good enough for a racing environment.

Also…i read through this thread and i saw the posts about a long sweeper that drains the pressure reservoir followed by a period of time required to fill the reservoir. Possibly a high volume pump to solve that issue?

I have the baffles and I'm happy with them, but the batwing oil pan is still at it's limits. More experienced racers with this chassis stand by Accusump as the low budget and Dry Sump as the high budget solution.