CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Canadian Events (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events-97/)
-   -   HDR Cruise - MY FINAL THOUGHTS (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/canadian-events/2879945-hdr-cruise-my-final-thoughts.html)

Zeeman28a 07-24-2011 12:35 PM

HDR Cruise - MY FINAL THOUGHTS

Guys and gals, I am getting tired of all the bickering over the HDR between all the suggestions and recommendations and what not. I'm open to all suggestions to improve the HDR. As I mentioned in a previous post, there is nothing wrong with them. And I do appreciate all the positive comments for the run as I'm sure all the other drivers do. It is supposed to be a fun event, something to do on a Thursday evening.

I hate having to put my foot down but I want to stop some of the animosity that seems to be creeping in regarding the run. Well let me say this for all to read once and for all.

The HDR is a weekly cruise that occurs Thursday evenings, weather permitting. The GTG is at Yorkdale from 9pm to 10pm. We cruise down Yonge Street to the Hot Dog Stand. THIS IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE. This is my cruise that I put together with a couple of others. Circumstance may change some of the routes and/or timing, but the basics won't change. Those that want to follow me down are more than welcome. Anyone else, if you don't like the timing, or the routes I take, then please, by all means, start your own cruise. Those that are able and want to come, will come. This is how the HDR was able to get a large following. :thumbs:

As for the police, they are very aware of this weekly cruise. So much so that they make sure we know by their presence. We see them parked on Yonge Street regularly now during the cruise as well as driving by the hot dog stand more than once while we are parked there. And for the most part, we behave ourselves. We have been approached several times but mostly to enquire what we are doing, give us a warning to behave, or to admire the cars. With the exception of one minor incident (a stern warning was issued luckily for the driver) a year ago, we have been hassle free. I want to keep it that way.

Now. As for pictures. No one can stop someone from taking pictures during the cruise. All the drivers ask is that you respect their privacy if so requested and use discrection when posting pictures and videos. All it takes is one malcontented person to take a picture as benign as our cars parked on the street to turn it into something negative.

One last thought. Whether you agree or disagree with some or all of this I don't want to hear it. This not aimed at any one person, but the group as a whole. The HDR is the HDR and it won't change. I'm sorry if some drivers are put off with this attitude, but I want to maintain the HDR as a fun GTG and cruise on a Thursday night.

I want to thank all the drivers that have participated in this event over the last 4 years. It's because of you that this has become as popular as it has and I am proud and honoured to be a part of something as this.

Stan.

OBSESHON Mark 07-24-2011 01:02 PM

Well Said:thumbs::cheers:

The Cripp 07-24-2011 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a (Post 1578219339)
As for the police, they are very aware of this weekly cruise. So much so that they make sure we know by their presence. We see them parked on Yonge Street regularly now during the cruise as well as driving by the hot dog stand more than once while we are parked there. And for the most part, we behave ourselves. We have been approached several times but mostly to enquire what we are doing, give us a warning to behave... Stan.

Blatent harassment! :willy:

I do not own a Corvette, nor can I legally drive one. I've never been on a run...

But I do know harassment when I bl**dy see it!

corrado 07-24-2011 03:04 PM

AMEN STAN!!!!!:cheers:

kidneyboy 07-24-2011 05:00 PM

Well said Stan and we need to also keep in mind that the HDR RULES!

RedLine Z28 07-24-2011 05:08 PM

WELL SAID STAN :cheers::thumbs:

Polar Jet 07-24-2011 05:31 PM

:thumbs:

It's your cruise Stan and you should run it your way.

kingdady 07-24-2011 06:08 PM

its too funny that people even argue over a friggen cruise to a hot dog stand in the 1st place.

:crazy2: haha

AGVI 07-24-2011 06:46 PM

This forum has become beyond complicated. You guys wonder why I always refer back to the start of the Canadian section when it was all C3's. No problems, no worries.

It has become a place divided.

Cdn UFO 07-24-2011 10:02 PM

PM Sent

69rag 07-24-2011 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a (Post 1578219339)
Guys and gals, I am getting tired of all the bickering over the HDR between all the suggestions and recommendations and what not. I'm open to all suggestions to improve the HDR. As I mentioned in a previous post, there is nothing wrong with them. And I do appreciate all the positive comments for the run as I'm sure all the other drivers do. It is supposed to be a fun event, something to do on a Thursday evening.

I hate having to put my foot down but I want to stop some of the animosity that seems to be creeping in regarding the run. Well let me say this for all to read once and for all.

The HDR is a weekly cruise that occurs Thursday evenings, weather permitting. The GTG is at Yorkdale from 9pm to 10pm. We cruise down Yonge Street to the Hot Dog Stand. THIS IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE. This is my cruise that I put together with a couple of others. Circumstance may change some of the routes and/or timing, but the basics won't change. Those that want to follow me down are more than welcome. Anyone else, if you don't like the timing, or the routes I take, then please, by all means, start your own cruise. Those that are able and want to come, will come. This is how the HDR was able to get a large following. :thumbs:

As for the police, they are very aware of this weekly cruise. So much so that they make sure we know by their presence. We see them parked on Yonge Street regularly now during the cruise as well as driving by the hot dog stand more than once while we are parked there. And for the most part, we behave ourselves. We have been approached several times but mostly to enquire what we are doing, give us a warning to behave, or to admire the cars. With the exception of one minor incident (a stern warning was issued luckily for the driver) a year ago, we have been hassle free. I want to keep it that way.

Now. As for pictures. No one can stop someone from taking pictures during the cruise. All the drivers ask is that you respect their privacy if so requested and use discrection when posting pictures and videos. All it takes is one malcontented person to take a picture as benign as our cars parked on the street to turn it into something negative.

One last thought. Whether you agree or disagree with some or all of this I don't want to hear it. This not aimed at any one person, but the group as a whole. The HDR is the HDR and it won't change. I'm sorry if some drivers are put off with this attitude, but I want to maintain the HDR as a fun GTG and cruise on a Thursday night.

I want to thank all the drivers that have participated in this event over the last 4 years. It's because of you that this has become as popular as it has and I am proud and honoured to be a part of something as this.

Stan.

Well Put...:iagree:

WildWilly55 07-25-2011 06:26 AM

Stanley---your run--your rules!!!:woohoo:

Icefire 07-25-2011 09:51 AM

I love the HDR and it shouldn't change. I don't make it to all the runs, but I always have a great time when I can. :)

timmmmay 07-25-2011 10:41 AM

Would love to be able to make it out to one of these HDR's... There's such a small population of Vettes in the Cornwall area - that our cruises, are usually 2/3 cars - and it's just to Timmies in Lancaster... Love the photos when they're posted - keep having fun!

Spocc 07-25-2011 12:07 PM

kinda like " hurding cats "

lol

nobody really knows , unless they host/plan an event
good job Stan.
Pete.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q.../C3cruizin.jpg

SICK-VETTE 07-25-2011 12:27 PM

:hurray:

5abivt 07-25-2011 01:36 PM

Well said. I like it the way it is. keep it simple and keep it the same and that's probably the reason it's gotten as popular as it is now.

As for pics I like taking them most times I do try not to take any people or license plates. I think I got some customized ones in a few pics but it was just irresistable because I liked em :)

Oh last weeks HDR pics are coming soon... my wife accidentaly deleted th emem card Im trying to recover them :ack:

jugtoor 07-25-2011 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by 5abivt (Post 1578228159)
Well said. I like it the way it is. keep it simple and keep it the same and that's probably the reason it's gotten as popular as it is now.

As for pics I like taking them most times I do try not to take any people or license plates. I think I got some customized ones in a few pics but it was just irresistable because I liked em :)

Oh last weeks HDR pics are coming soon... my wife accidentaly deleted th emem card Im trying to recover them :ack:

Mike you shouldn't let your wife play with your camera...thats just trouble. HA

Jutskin 07-25-2011 02:32 PM

yah baby.
bang on ... bang a gong.

coolsrt8 07-25-2011 04:49 PM

Everybody better straighten up and obey the rules, or no hot dogs for you:willy: