Canadian Events Canada, eh?

HDR Cruise - MY FINAL THOUGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Default HDR Cruise - MY FINAL THOUGHTS

Guys and gals, I am getting tired of all the bickering over the HDR between all the suggestions and recommendations and what not. I'm open to all suggestions to improve the HDR. As I mentioned in a previous post, there is nothing wrong with them. And I do appreciate all the positive comments for the run as I'm sure all the other drivers do. It is supposed to be a fun event, something to do on a Thursday evening.

I hate having to put my foot down but I want to stop some of the animosity that seems to be creeping in regarding the run. Well let me say this for all to read once and for all.

The HDR is a weekly cruise that occurs Thursday evenings, weather permitting. The GTG is at Yorkdale from 9pm to 10pm. We cruise down Yonge Street to the Hot Dog Stand. THIS IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE. This is my cruise that I put together with a couple of others. Circumstance may change some of the routes and/or timing, but the basics won't change. Those that want to follow me down are more than welcome. Anyone else, if you don't like the timing, or the routes I take, then please, by all means, start your own cruise. Those that are able and want to come, will come. This is how the HDR was able to get a large following.

As for the police, they are very aware of this weekly cruise. So much so that they make sure we know by their presence. We see them parked on Yonge Street regularly now during the cruise as well as driving by the hot dog stand more than once while we are parked there. And for the most part, we behave ourselves. We have been approached several times but mostly to enquire what we are doing, give us a warning to behave, or to admire the cars. With the exception of one minor incident (a stern warning was issued luckily for the driver) a year ago, we have been hassle free. I want to keep it that way.

Now. As for pictures. No one can stop someone from taking pictures during the cruise. All the drivers ask is that you respect their privacy if so requested and use discrection when posting pictures and videos. All it takes is one malcontented person to take a picture as benign as our cars parked on the street to turn it into something negative.

One last thought. Whether you agree or disagree with some or all of this I don't want to hear it. This not aimed at any one person, but the group as a whole. The HDR is the HDR and it won't change. I'm sorry if some drivers are put off with this attitude, but I want to maintain the HDR as a fun GTG and cruise on a Thursday night.

I want to thank all the drivers that have participated in this event over the last 4 years. It's because of you that this has become as popular as it has and I am proud and honoured to be a part of something as this.

Stan.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:02 PM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Well Said
Old 07-24-2011, 02:01 PM
The Cripp
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
As for the police, they are very aware of this weekly cruise. So much so that they make sure we know by their presence. We see them parked on Yonge Street regularly now during the cruise as well as driving by the hot dog stand more than once while we are parked there. And for the most part, we behave ourselves. We have been approached several times but mostly to enquire what we are doing, give us a warning to behave... Stan.
Blatent harassment!

I do not own a Corvette, nor can I legally drive one. I've never been on a run...

But I do know harassment when I bl**dy see it!
Old 07-24-2011, 03:04 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 224 Likes on 116 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

AMEN STAN!!!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:00 PM
kidneyboy
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well said Stan and we need to also keep in mind that the HDR RULES!
Old 07-24-2011, 05:08 PM
RedLine Z28
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WELL SAID STAN
Old 07-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Polar Jet
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's your cruise Stan and you should run it your way.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:08 PM
kingdady
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

its too funny that people even argue over a friggen cruise to a hot dog stand in the 1st place.

haha
Old 07-24-2011, 06:46 PM
AGVI
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Canadian Events Coordinator

This forum has become beyond complicated. You guys wonder why I always refer back to the start of the Canadian section when it was all C3's. No problems, no worries.

It has become a place divided.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Cdn UFO
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

PM Sent
Old 07-24-2011, 11:56 PM
69rag
Racer

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Guys and gals, I am getting tired of all the bickering over the HDR between all the suggestions and recommendations and what not. I'm open to all suggestions to improve the HDR. As I mentioned in a previous post, there is nothing wrong with them. And I do appreciate all the positive comments for the run as I'm sure all the other drivers do. It is supposed to be a fun event, something to do on a Thursday evening.

I hate having to put my foot down but I want to stop some of the animosity that seems to be creeping in regarding the run. Well let me say this for all to read once and for all.

The HDR is a weekly cruise that occurs Thursday evenings, weather permitting. The GTG is at Yorkdale from 9pm to 10pm. We cruise down Yonge Street to the Hot Dog Stand. THIS IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE. This is my cruise that I put together with a couple of others. Circumstance may change some of the routes and/or timing, but the basics won't change. Those that want to follow me down are more than welcome. Anyone else, if you don't like the timing, or the routes I take, then please, by all means, start your own cruise. Those that are able and want to come, will come. This is how the HDR was able to get a large following.

As for the police, they are very aware of this weekly cruise. So much so that they make sure we know by their presence. We see them parked on Yonge Street regularly now during the cruise as well as driving by the hot dog stand more than once while we are parked there. And for the most part, we behave ourselves. We have been approached several times but mostly to enquire what we are doing, give us a warning to behave, or to admire the cars. With the exception of one minor incident (a stern warning was issued luckily for the driver) a year ago, we have been hassle free. I want to keep it that way.

Now. As for pictures. No one can stop someone from taking pictures during the cruise. All the drivers ask is that you respect their privacy if so requested and use discrection when posting pictures and videos. All it takes is one malcontented person to take a picture as benign as our cars parked on the street to turn it into something negative.

One last thought. Whether you agree or disagree with some or all of this I don't want to hear it. This not aimed at any one person, but the group as a whole. The HDR is the HDR and it won't change. I'm sorry if some drivers are put off with this attitude, but I want to maintain the HDR as a fun GTG and cruise on a Thursday night.

I want to thank all the drivers that have participated in this event over the last 4 years. It's because of you that this has become as popular as it has and I am proud and honoured to be a part of something as this.

Stan.
Well Put...
Old 07-25-2011, 06:26 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Stanley---your run--your rules!!!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Icefire
Instructor

I love the HDR and it shouldn't change. I don't make it to all the runs, but I always have a great time when I can.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:41 AM
timmmmay
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would love to be able to make it out to one of these HDR's... There's such a small population of Vettes in the Cornwall area - that our cruises, are usually 2/3 cars - and it's just to Timmies in Lancaster... Love the photos when they're posted - keep having fun!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:07 PM
Spocc
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

kinda like " hurding cats "

lol

nobody really knows , unless they host/plan an event
good job Stan.
Pete.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:27 PM
SICK-VETTE
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-25-2011, 01:36 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Well said. I like it the way it is. keep it simple and keep it the same and that's probably the reason it's gotten as popular as it is now.

As for pics I like taking them most times I do try not to take any people or license plates. I think I got some customized ones in a few pics but it was just irresistable because I liked em

Oh last weeks HDR pics are coming soon... my wife accidentaly deleted th emem card Im trying to recover them

Get notified of new replies

To HDR Cruise - MY FINAL THOUGHTS

Old 07-25-2011, 02:19 PM
jugtoor
Advanced

Originally Posted by 5abivt
Well said. I like it the way it is. keep it simple and keep it the same and that's probably the reason it's gotten as popular as it is now.

As for pics I like taking them most times I do try not to take any people or license plates. I think I got some customized ones in a few pics but it was just irresistable because I liked em

Oh last weeks HDR pics are coming soon... my wife accidentaly deleted th emem card Im trying to recover them
Mike you shouldn't let your wife play with your camera...thats just trouble. HA
Old 07-25-2011, 02:32 PM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yah baby.
bang on ... bang a gong.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:49 PM
coolsrt8
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!