CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous-86/)
-   -   I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-forced-induction-nitrous/2894730-i-really-could-use-your-help-1000-reward.html)

Andy@A&ACorvette 08-16-2011 07:26 PM

I really could use your help. $1000 REWARD

I could use some help in tracking down a stolen supercharger system.
The system was sold to a guy in Falling Rivers W. Virginia on June 9th and shipped to, Frederick Md. The customer (thief) told us he was in a hurry because he and his son were entering the car in some sort of cross country race. It may have been Bull Run or some other Bull Sh t.
Coincidently, the actual card holder also owns a Corvette, although a different model from what the kit was ordered for.
He ordered a T Trim, 8 rib pulley set and some other stuff totaling just over $9100.
The card holder denies having ordered the system and charged back the entire amount. We really have no way to dispute this.
This person who actually ordered the system had the card holders’ correct name and address as well as the CVV2 number on the back of the card. Evidently that doesn’t matter and the bank has taken the $9100 from my account. We will not be getting it back unless we go to arbitration (which will cost us at least another $500) and can prove that it was the actual card holder that received the system. We obviously have no way to prove that.
We hired a private detective who checked out the house and found some mail addressed to someone, we found out, has a history of credit card fraud. The mail was subsequently picked up, so someone is using this address as some sort of a mail or package drop.
The cell phone number he used was registered to a woman who also has a warrant for credit card fraud.
It’s quite obvious that this person ordered it for someone with a Corvette. It’s not an item that you would steal unless you had a buyer, or accomplice, with a Corvette. The kit was for 02 Z06.
I want to find out who has it. I’m willing to pay $1000 to find out who has it and get it back. Anyone who knows someone, in that area, that just got a kit, or is contracted to install or tune it should do the right thing and contact me. The Serial number of the stolen unit is 56790.
The Ventura County Sherriff and the Fredrick Md. PD have the name and address of the actual person who received the unit. They have both been very helpful and seem to be taking it pretty seriously.
If I can get the system back from the person who actually has it, I will give them the benefit of the doubt and not press charges. If the police find him first, I will absolutely press charges and I will definitely press charges against the guy who scammed the credit card.
I feel like I’ve done a lot for the Corvette community, over the years, and now I’m asking for your help. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Andy

Corvette-Chris 08-16-2011 08:06 PM

Damn, sorry to hear Andy! If I was near that area, I'd for sure go out of my way to help.

Darion 08-16-2011 08:06 PM

Wow, so sorry this happened to you. I just came home from visiting family in the Annapolis area and theft is a huge issue. FedEx is having all kinds of issues with packages being taken from homes, thieves just taking them. Hope you recover your system and on a personal note I love my A and A system! :)

Pat

BLOWNBLUEZ06 08-16-2011 08:12 PM

Rick Kim lives there. I'll make sure he's aware of the situation and have him put his ear to the ground.

It's @ssholes like this that ruin the fun of owning a business. I hate to see this happen to anyone, but there are a few business owners that you and I both know that I would care a lot less if it happened to them. Really sorry it happened to you.

C5kid 08-16-2011 08:23 PM

I'll cruise Craigslist, I'm sure it will turn up

SLVRCPE 08-16-2011 08:47 PM

Damn.. I can offer checkng Ebay and CL, I wish I could do more for you Andy. I would probably kick in a little on the reward if that would help you?

The thing that really gets me is that given the size of this forum and the speced 8-rib setup, more likely than not a member of this forum has knowledge of exactly what is going on..

4DRUSH 08-16-2011 09:08 PM

Corvettes at Carlisle is next week, I'll keep an eye out.

86 vetter 08-16-2011 09:34 PM

I'll be at Race Proven Motorsports tomorrow afternoon. I'll let them know to watch for anyone coming in to hock a kit or get a tune on this serial #. It really peeves me when someone takes advantage of such a valued member of our community. I hope you get a chance to strangle this sob.

SmoothFRC 08-16-2011 09:39 PM

isnt this a case of identity theft/fraud? why would you be on the hook for it - doesnt the cc'd companies have programs/insurance just for this?

Just doesnt seem fair - why would any company want to accept the cards if this is how they are treated?

Rick@RKT Performance 08-16-2011 09:54 PM

Hey Andy, Bret told me about this thread. I do live in Frederick and I do know number of shops that does install/tuning so I'll get the word out. I'll do everything I can to help. You can keep the $1,000 if I get you the SC back! :thumbs:

C5kid 08-16-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH (Post 1578429553)
Corvettes at Carlisle is next week, I'll keep an eye out.

Just thought of that. I will def. keep my eyes open, goin early Fri morning so I'll put A&A's # in my phone.

BLOWNBLUEZ06 08-16-2011 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by SmoothFRC (Post 1578429896)
isnt this a case of identity theft/fraud? why would you be on the hook for it - doesnt the cc'd companies have programs/insurance just for this?

Just doesnt seem fair - why would any company want to accept the cards if this is how they are treated?

It's certainly not fair, but their customer didn't charge it and the CC company isn't going to take the hit for it, so that leaves Andy. A bunch of crap if you ask me. Especially after they are more than happy to charge business a percentage of the sale just to be able to accept the credit card in the first place. Credit card companies are big scams. They prey on everyone and once you're on the hook with some debt, are now allowed to jack up your interest rate to whatever they see fit. You can thank our wonderful government for that little change in the law. They're all thieves and make me sick.

jobberone 08-16-2011 11:16 PM

Sorry to hear this Andy. It really takes a lot to trigger fraud. The threshold just keeps going up and up. I was lucky to catch someone but only because they were on federal probation. Otherwise the authorities would have ignored it as it was less than $6000. Good luck.

chevylad 08-17-2011 12:05 AM

Sorry to hear the news. I'll keep my eye on ebay.

4SFED Z 08-17-2011 05:54 AM

Damn man. That sucks. Good luck locating the kit. Theives are lower than cock roaches.

spoon98hatch 08-17-2011 08:00 AM

Good luck finding it- might have wanted to keep all the details private but I understand its the only way to get the word out. You should send another part through the mail and lace the whole thing with Anthrax- get biological on their asses....

4DRUSH 08-17-2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by spoon98hatch (Post 1578432552)
Good luck finding it- might have wanted to keep all the details private

:iagree: You should have this thread removed now, we got the message, hopefully the thief didn't see this.

lghtsout 08-17-2011 09:26 AM

Andy is a great guy:thumbs: I'm sorry to hear a D-Bag did this to him.

I say lets find this SOB and ship him to Andy:D

mdaniel 08-17-2011 10:09 AM

I'd also post this on Z06Vette, DigitalCorvettes, LS1Tech, and the others.

It'll turn up, hopefully before someone makes an honest mistake and buys the package off of the scammers.

oh1vette 08-17-2011 10:40 AM

[QUOTE=mdaniel;1578433504]I'd also post this on Z06Vette, DigitalCorvettes, LS1Tech, and the others.

Great idea!!!

and - Might want to post in the regional section too...