CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Ipod was working now not working (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/2958204-ipod-was-working-now-not-working.html)

careyj1inalamo 11-29-2011 04:08 PM

Ipod was working now not working

Hi Forum,

I need some help. 2011 ZR1 with nav. Today I used my ipod for the first time, attached the ubs cable to the port and connected ipod and it worked great driving to work. When I got into the vette for lunch the ipod would not display on the nav screen, can't get it to work again, won't play.

The ipod does appear to be getting power from the ubs cable so I don't think it's the fuse. Cell phone is also getting power. I also used earbuds and listen to the ipod to make sure the ipod is playing and the ipod works great.

Any ideas on what's going on or how to correct?

Thank you
:flag:

doubledime 11-29-2011 04:40 PM

I have a 2012 and almost the same thing happened to me. I have 2
I PODS and my newer one works all the time, and the older one works for awhile and then, stops working in the car, even thought there is power to the I POD. What I did is reboot my I POD by letting the battery run down completely and then resync it. It worked for me, but still goes bad after awhile, so I just use my newer I POD. Good luck :thumbs:

Kiser64 11-29-2011 04:42 PM

:lurk:

EVRose 11-29-2011 04:46 PM

Try pushing the button to open the front panel and push the CD eject button then close the front panel.

careyj1inalamo 11-29-2011 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by EVRose (Post 1579342999)
Try pushing the button to open the front panel and push the CD eject button then close the front panel.

I tried and it didn't work. The ipod is getting power from the UBS port when it's plugged in.

Thank you!

Sickem Dawgs 11-29-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by doubledime (Post 1579342938)
I have a 2012 and almost the same thing happened to me. I have 2
I PODS and my newer one works all the time, and the older one works for awhile and then, stops working in the car, even thought there is power to the I POD. What I did is reboot my I POD by letting the battery run down completely and then resync it. It worked for me, but still goes bad after awhile, so I just use my newer I POD. Good luck :thumbs:

reset the ipod with the middle button down arrow (i think) or resync on your computer this may cure the problem.

lastcowboy 11-29-2011 06:36 PM

I CAN'T GET ANYTHING TO WORK WITH THE USB...BUT THE MP-3 JACK WORKS GREAT WITH MY PHONE. I GUESS THE USB IS JUST FOR CHARGING ???? BUT WITH ALL THE SOUND APP'S ON MY PHONE .SOUND IS GREAT !!!! BEATS THE HELL OUT OF THE HEAD UNIT IN THE BOSE.............ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE USB DOES?:cheers:

Sickem Dawgs 11-29-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by lastcowboy (Post 1579343942)
I CAN'T GET ANYTHING TO WORK WITH THE USB...BUT THE MP-3 JACK WORKS GREAT WITH MY PHONE. I GUESS THE USB IS JUST FOR CHARGING ???? BUT WITH ALL THE SOUND APP'S ON MY PHONE .SOUND IS GREAT !!!! BEATS THE HELL OUT OF THE HEAD UNIT IN THE BOSE.............ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE USB DOES?:cheers:

No the USB if properly configured for the Ipod(there are different connectors that work differently on various "I" devices..suggest the one that came with the Ipod) transfers music just fine from the ipod through my stereo.

The Aux jack should work as well but you should get better quality out of the USB.

careyj1inalamo 11-30-2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Sickem Dawgs (Post 1579343678)
reset the ipod with the middle button down arrow (i think) or resync on your computer this may cure the problem.

Tried the reset and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Sickem Dawgs 11-30-2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by careyj1inalamo (Post 1579348929)
Tried the reset and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Are you using the usb cable original to the ipod?
You said the aux connector from the ipod to the stereo works.. right?

It's weird because I just leave my nano plugged in to charge all the time needing only to select the menu for ipod for it to work.

If all else fails maybe the pal link went bad? I just got my vette and haven't experienced problems yet like this...

just trying to think through the possible issues..without being there this is difficult..kudos to the maint/service folks on here for being able to diagnose probs without seeing them!

Chevy Cust Svc 11-30-2011 01:03 PM

careyj1inalamo,
You should definitely still be under warranty. I'd get into the shop and have them take a look at it.

Chevrolet Customer Service,
Justin

z51vett 11-30-2011 02:55 PM

I don't own an Ipod but i use a thumb drive 30 megs in usd port and use nav screen to control.
z51vett

Landru 11-30-2011 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc (Post 1579349503)
careyj1inalamo,
You should definitely still be under warranty. I'd get into the shop and have them take a look at it.

:iagree:
After the OP tries another different device.
Could be, as an above member suggested, the device is outdated & a new[er] device would work just fine. Happens all the time these days.

careyj1inalamo 11-30-2011 04:48 PM

I am going to take it to a dealer in CA. Able Chevy.

The first time I used it, it worked great. The music sounded better than XM. It's a great feature, and I am sure it will get fixed. I will let you know the solution is to this problem. Thank you!

lastcowboy 11-30-2011 06:35 PM

i tried it with ,i-phone,zune h.d.,and moto droid x-2 and nothing works with the usb......(reads not compatable) on the screen.

Sickem Dawgs 11-30-2011 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by lastcowboy (Post 1579352126)
i tried it with ,i-phone,zune h.d.,and moto droid x-2 and nothing works with the usb......(reads not compatable) on the screen.

yeah if nothing works then chances are good the link is bad..take it back to the dealer. Could be something easy who knows..

cashs_mom 01-04-2012 02:11 PM

I had problems when I first got my 2011 Z06 with using my 6th gen nano ipod. I read the manual and it apparently doesn't support 6th gen nano ipods so switched to my older nano and it worked fine until the olde one died. I'm deciding now what to do.

careyj1inalamo 01-04-2012 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom (Post 1579644048)
I had problems when I first got my 2011 Z06 with using my 6th gen nano ipod. I read the manual and it apparently doesn't support 6th gen nano ipods so switched to my older nano and it worked fine until the olde one died. I'm deciding now what to do.

The 2011 zr1 would work great with an ipad but not the older ipods. The kids got me a ipod for Christmas and it works great. There was something in the older ipods that caused mine not to work.

Also the sound is better with an ipod/ipad verses XM radio. :thumbs: