C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod was working now not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
careyj1inalamo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ipod was working now not working

Hi Forum,

I need some help. 2011 ZR1 with nav. Today I used my ipod for the first time, attached the ubs cable to the port and connected ipod and it worked great driving to work. When I got into the vette for lunch the ipod would not display on the nav screen, can't get it to work again, won't play.

The ipod does appear to be getting power from the ubs cable so I don't think it's the fuse. Cell phone is also getting power. I also used earbuds and listen to the ipod to make sure the ipod is playing and the ipod works great.

Any ideas on what's going on or how to correct?

Thank you
Old 11-29-2011, 04:40 PM
doubledime
Pro

I have a 2012 and almost the same thing happened to me. I have 2
I PODS and my newer one works all the time, and the older one works for awhile and then, stops working in the car, even thought there is power to the I POD. What I did is reboot my I POD by letting the battery run down completely and then resync it. It worked for me, but still goes bad after awhile, so I just use my newer I POD. Good luck
Old 11-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Kiser64
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Old 11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

Try pushing the button to open the front panel and push the CD eject button then close the front panel.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:53 PM
careyj1inalamo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by EVRose
Try pushing the button to open the front panel and push the CD eject button then close the front panel.
I tried and it didn't work. The ipod is getting power from the UBS port when it's plugged in.

Thank you!
Old 11-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Sickem Dawgs
Racer

Originally Posted by doubledime
I have a 2012 and almost the same thing happened to me. I have 2
I PODS and my newer one works all the time, and the older one works for awhile and then, stops working in the car, even thought there is power to the I POD. What I did is reboot my I POD by letting the battery run down completely and then resync it. It worked for me, but still goes bad after awhile, so I just use my newer I POD. Good luck
reset the ipod with the middle button down arrow (i think) or resync on your computer this may cure the problem.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:36 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I CAN'T GET ANYTHING TO WORK WITH THE USB...BUT THE MP-3 JACK WORKS GREAT WITH MY PHONE. I GUESS THE USB IS JUST FOR CHARGING ???? BUT WITH ALL THE SOUND APP'S ON MY PHONE .SOUND IS GREAT !!!! BEATS THE HELL OUT OF THE HEAD UNIT IN THE BOSE.............ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE USB DOES?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Sickem Dawgs
Racer

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
I CAN'T GET ANYTHING TO WORK WITH THE USB...BUT THE MP-3 JACK WORKS GREAT WITH MY PHONE. I GUESS THE USB IS JUST FOR CHARGING ???? BUT WITH ALL THE SOUND APP'S ON MY PHONE .SOUND IS GREAT !!!! BEATS THE HELL OUT OF THE HEAD UNIT IN THE BOSE.............ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE USB DOES?
No the USB if properly configured for the Ipod(there are different connectors that work differently on various "I" devices..suggest the one that came with the Ipod) transfers music just fine from the ipod through my stereo.

The Aux jack should work as well but you should get better quality out of the USB.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:59 AM
careyj1inalamo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Sickem Dawgs
reset the ipod with the middle button down arrow (i think) or resync on your computer this may cure the problem.
Tried the reset and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Thank you!
Old 11-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Sickem Dawgs
Racer

Originally Posted by careyj1inalamo
Tried the reset and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Thank you!
Are you using the usb cable original to the ipod?
You said the aux connector from the ipod to the stereo works.. right?

It's weird because I just leave my nano plugged in to charge all the time needing only to select the menu for ipod for it to work.

If all else fails maybe the pal link went bad? I just got my vette and haven't experienced problems yet like this...

just trying to think through the possible issues..without being there this is difficult..kudos to the maint/service folks on here for being able to diagnose probs without seeing them!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 687 Likes on 510 Posts

careyj1inalamo,
You should definitely still be under warranty. I'd get into the shop and have them take a look at it.

Chevrolet Customer Service,
Justin
Old 11-30-2011, 02:55 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

I don't own an Ipod but i use a thumb drive 30 megs in usd port and use nav screen to control.
z51vett
Old 11-30-2011, 03:51 PM
Landru
Race Director

Received 1,052 Likes on 825 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
careyj1inalamo,
You should definitely still be under warranty. I'd get into the shop and have them take a look at it.

After the OP tries another different device.
Could be, as an above member suggested, the device is outdated & a new[er] device would work just fine. Happens all the time these days.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:48 PM
careyj1inalamo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I am going to take it to a dealer in CA. Able Chevy.

The first time I used it, it worked great. The music sounded better than XM. It's a great feature, and I am sure it will get fixed. I will let you know the solution is to this problem. Thank you!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM
lastcowboy
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

i tried it with ,i-phone,zune h.d.,and moto droid x-2 and nothing works with the usb......(reads not compatable) on the screen.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:48 PM
Sickem Dawgs
Racer

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
i tried it with ,i-phone,zune h.d.,and moto droid x-2 and nothing works with the usb......(reads not compatable) on the screen.
yeah if nothing works then chances are good the link is bad..take it back to the dealer. Could be something easy who knows..
Old 01-04-2012, 02:11 PM
cashs_mom
Instructor

I had problems when I first got my 2011 Z06 with using my 6th gen nano ipod. I read the manual and it apparently doesn't support 6th gen nano ipods so switched to my older nano and it worked fine until the olde one died. I'm deciding now what to do.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:59 PM
careyj1inalamo
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by cashs_mom
I had problems when I first got my 2011 Z06 with using my 6th gen nano ipod. I read the manual and it apparently doesn't support 6th gen nano ipods so switched to my older nano and it worked fine until the olde one died. I'm deciding now what to do.
The 2011 zr1 would work great with an ipad but not the older ipods. The kids got me a ipod for Christmas and it works great. There was something in the older ipods that caused mine not to work.

Also the sound is better with an ipod/ipad verses XM radio.

Get notified of new replies

To Ipod was working now not working

Quick Reply: Ipod was working now not working