CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   replacing the window chanel (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/2959442-replacing-the-window-chanel.html)

2th farmer 12-01-2011 07:35 PM

replacing the window chanel

What is the part called that the window rolls up and down IN towards the rear of the car? (removing the door panel on the driver side it is on the left) looks like it is made of felt and metal

Hard to replace??

What do you order??

67 coupe (of course) lol

65 vette dude 12-01-2011 09:53 PM

Drivers side rear window channel works for me. I had to replace that felt 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a very difficult job once you get the door panel off. I seem to remember the hardest part was getting the door lock knob off.:mad: I think the glass has to be up all the way, and then there are 2 large phillips head screws at the top, & bottom of the back of the door where the latch is. Remove those 2 screws, and I think the channel pretty much falls out. It's been a while, so I'm sure if I missed something, somebody will chime in. You can buy the felt from LIC's, and I used 3M super adhesive to glue the new felt in. Make sure you clean the inside of the channel so it looks like a new penny...... that way, the felt will stick to it for another 40 years.:thumbs:

2th farmer 12-01-2011 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by 65 vette dude (Post 1579362691)
Drivers side rear window channel works for me. I had to replace that felt 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a very difficult job once you get the door panel off. I seem to remember the hardest part was getting the door lock knob off.:mad: I think the glass has to be up all the way, and then there are 2 large phillips head screws at the top, & bottom of the back of the door where the latch is. Remove those 2 screws, and I think the channel pretty much falls out. It's been a while, so I'm sure if I missed something, somebody will chime in. You can buy the felt from LIC's, and I used 3M super adhesive to glue the new felt in. Make sure you clean the inside of the channel so it looks like a new penny...... that way, the felt will stick to it for another 40 years.:thumbs:

Thank you!
I was beginning to wonder if I had asked a dumb question. (ME??? no WAY!)
gonna order tomorrow with a human so I can be sure I am getting the right item.

Jackfit 12-01-2011 10:12 PM

Source or information

Originally Posted by 2th farmer (Post 1579361462)
What is the part called that the window rolls up and down IN towards the rear of the car? (removing the door panel on the driver side it is on the left) looks like it is made of felt and metal

Hard to replace??

What do you order??

67 coupe (of course) lol

Hi, all questions are usually answered here, then we make fun of you, but , back to information,

A good source of part names is in vendor catalogs. Zip, Corvette Central, Paragon, and many others have very detailed pictures of the area you wish to repair, with the name of the part, so that you can order it. Just go online and request one.

Over time , you can really get to know your car, by reading the catalogs over and over. Then when a problem comes up, you can describe it better, so members of the forum can help you

Years of experience at your call, just be prepared for 10 different opinions

jack