C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

replacing the window chanel

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:35 PM
2th farmer
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-8-9 Veteran
Default replacing the window chanel

What is the part called that the window rolls up and down IN towards the rear of the car? (removing the door panel on the driver side it is on the left) looks like it is made of felt and metal

Hard to replace??

What do you order??

67 coupe (of course) lol

Last edited by 2th farmer; 12-01-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: I am an idiot
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
65 vette dude
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Drivers side rear window channel works for me. I had to replace that felt 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a very difficult job once you get the door panel off. I seem to remember the hardest part was getting the door lock **** off. I think the glass has to be up all the way, and then there are 2 large phillips head screws at the top, & bottom of the back of the door where the latch is. Remove those 2 screws, and I think the channel pretty much falls out. It's been a while, so I'm sure if I missed something, somebody will chime in. You can buy the felt from LIC's, and I used 3M super adhesive to glue the new felt in. Make sure you clean the inside of the channel so it looks like a new penny...... that way, the felt will stick to it for another 40 years.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:00 PM
2th farmer
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 6-8-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by 65 vette dude
Drivers side rear window channel works for me. I had to replace that felt 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, it wasn't a very difficult job once you get the door panel off. I seem to remember the hardest part was getting the door lock **** off. I think the glass has to be up all the way, and then there are 2 large phillips head screws at the top, & bottom of the back of the door where the latch is. Remove those 2 screws, and I think the channel pretty much falls out. It's been a while, so I'm sure if I missed something, somebody will chime in. You can buy the felt from LIC's, and I used 3M super adhesive to glue the new felt in. Make sure you clean the inside of the channel so it looks like a new penny...... that way, the felt will stick to it for another 40 years.
Thank you!
I was beginning to wonder if I had asked a dumb question. (ME??? no WAY!)
gonna order tomorrow with a human so I can be sure I am getting the right item.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Jackfit
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 408 Likes on 262 Posts

Default Source or information

Originally Posted by 2th farmer
What is the part called that the window rolls up and down IN towards the rear of the car? (removing the door panel on the driver side it is on the left) looks like it is made of felt and metal

Hard to replace??

What do you order??

67 coupe (of course) lol
Hi, all questions are usually answered here, then we make fun of you, but , back to information,

A good source of part names is in vendor catalogs. Zip, Corvette Central, Paragon, and many others have very detailed pictures of the area you wish to repair, with the name of the part, so that you can order it. Just go online and request one.

Over time , you can really get to know your car, by reading the catalogs over and over. Then when a problem comes up, you can describe it better, so members of the forum can help you

Years of experience at your call, just be prepared for 10 different opinions

jack

Get notified of new replies

To replacing the window chanel

Quick Reply: replacing the window chanel