CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Tech (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech-1/)
-   -   what are the best rockers available? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-tech/342226-what-are-the-best-rockers-available.html)

robsvette 07-14-2002 08:05 PM

what are the best rockers available?

seems like rocker failure is pretty common. for those that have had this, what kind have you replaced them with?

SR71 07-14-2002 08:17 PM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (robsvette)

If mine ever fail,I will replace them with Jesel sportsman series rockers......$700 and they are available in different ratios.and the best part is that they are ADJUSTABLE!!!

Tom

davidfarmer 07-14-2002 09:48 PM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (SR71)

I can't imagine rockers breaking on a regular basis. We run 7200rpm non stop, and I have never had one fail. However, when I do, I will also go to Jesel.

Dave

nevrenuf 07-14-2002 09:53 PM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (SR71)

If mine ever fail,I will replace them with Jesel sportsman series rockers......$700 and they are available in different ratios.and the best part is that they are ADJUSTABLE!!!

Tom

I agree that the Jesels are GREAT rockers.. I have a set myself... However, the $700 version are NOT adjustable, the adjustable ones cost nearly double....

Just an FYI.. absolutely no flame intended!!!!!!!!!

MDL-01C5 07-14-2002 10:22 PM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (nevrenuf)

I agree that the Jesels are GREAT rockers.. I have a set myself... However, the $700 version are NOT adjustable, the adjustable ones cost nearly double....

Just an FYI.. absolutely no flame intended!!!!!!!!!
What he said-- (exept for the having them myself part... :sad: )

pkmoose 07-14-2002 11:39 PM

Jesel, but T&D seem to be nice too.

howardl 07-15-2002 08:56 AM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (pkmoose)

Jesel Y2K's are very nice..Make sure you get bearings on the roller..

MattG 07-15-2002 09:13 AM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (howardl)

Rockers are not a common point of failure on an LS1/LS6 in my opinion and are FAR from a necessity.. I have only read about one failure on here that ended up in a dropped valve. Most of the time the rockers are not switched unless the adjustability is needed for a solid roller setup.

cjones 07-15-2002 05:58 PM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (MattG)

Do the Jesels (the cheaper version) require machining of the valve covers?

Corvette4ever 07-15-2002 06:10 PM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (cjones)

Do the Jesels (the cheaper version) require machining of the valve covers?
Yes, some grinding will be required.

kewlbrz 07-15-2002 07:01 PM

Re: what are the best rockers available? (MattG)

Matt, I've seen the needle bearings/rockers fail in more than a few cam and heads/cam cars than I'd like to. Most dont know it until they do an oil change. Not saying its a common issue, but enough to be aware of. The bearings and parts end up in the oil pan.

vetterdstr 07-15-2002 07:18 PM

While searching for HP and also knowing I would slap on a SC/HC or stroker motor... I installed the Crane 1.8 Full roller rockers. West coast has them on thier website for a refference... Other places (I hear) sell them for less... ;)

vetterdstr :cheers: