CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-parts-for-sale-wanted-57/)
-   -   Who is going to Carlisle, need a favor please. Need OEM 72 windshield. (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-parts-for-sale-wanted/3517506-who-is-going-to-carlisle-need-a-favor-please-need-oem-72-windshield.html)

jhudec 08-16-2014 07:41 AM

Who is going to Carlisle, need a favor please. Need OEM 72 windshield.

Anyone going to Carlisle?
I have been looking for an Original OEM LOF windshield for my 1972 LT1. The windshield was replaced long ago and this is one of the last items I need. Something dated very late 71, but preferably early 1972 would be great.
If someone could look out for I would appreciate it. You could pass the seller my name and phone number and I would take it from there. I picked one up last year, but it turned out to be too scratched up to use, then I had one and was waiting to go pick it up in the last week and the owner somehow broke it.

Or if anyone knows of someone parting a 1971 or 1972 and has a good windshield, please let me know.
Regards,
Joe Hudec
216-374-6243

Alan 71 08-16-2014 08:41 AM

Hi Joe,
I'll keep my eyes open for you!
I've been looking at glass for probably 20 years. I've never seen a piece with an appropriate date that's in good enough condition to EVEN CONSIDER.
I think because they're so fragile, and because of the way they're handled once they're off the car, much of the damage is done as they get moved from place to place. You see them laying in 'stacks' on the ground.
The glass from Auto Classic isn't perfect but I think it's the best alternative now.
Regards,
Alan

SB64 08-17-2014 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by jhudec (Post 1587607746)
Anyone going to Carlisle?
I have been looking for an Original OEM LOF windshield for my 1972 LT1. The windshield was replaced long ago and this is one of the last items I need. Something dated very late 71, but preferably early 1972 would be great.
If someone could look out for I would appreciate it. You could pass the seller my name and phone number and I would take it from there. I picked one up last year, but it turned out to be too scratched up to use, then I had one and was waiting to go pick it up in the last week and the owner somehow broke it.

Or if anyone knows of someone parting a 1971 or 1972 and has a good windshield, please let me know.
Regards,
Joe Hudec
216-374-6243

Hi Joe, I will be up there Sat. I will look for you. Hey 2 ses of eye's is better then one.
R

jhudec 08-17-2014 08:52 PM

Great, much appreciated. Like I said I had a nice March 72' dated windshield ready for me to pick up and somehow it was broken before I could come get it.

Everyone, Thanks

Please ask all your contacts. I will travel to pick up the windshield, I do not care where it is.