CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   One full tank of fuel ran through ZO6 on track (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/3702347-one-full-tank-of-fuel-ran-through-zo6-on-track.html)

lawdogg149 08-24-2015 07:41 PM

One full tank of fuel ran through ZO6 on track

2 Attachment(s)
I got a chance to run my Zo6 out with Chin motorsports this weekend. Love that the offer the happy hour at the end of the day. I purposely overfilled my fuel tank hoping to make it through the whole hour. Had a fellow driver riding along first few laps. Happy to report no overheating. Temps were showing 88 degrees with alot of humidity.

Track prep: 80% distilled water/ 20% coolant
15w/50 mobil 1 oil
removed weather strip on cowl area
Home made heat shield between the oil cooler and Cat.
lava heat wrapped the air intake window
Ferodo DS1.11 pads
Conti slicks swapped back to street MPSS tires

Attachment 47910439

Attachment 47910440

firstgear 08-24-2015 08:09 PM

You need to get your PDR flashed and get rid of that green display! I love watching your videos...but the green cast has to go!

lawdogg149 08-24-2015 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by firstgear (Post 1590340343)
You need to get your PDR flashed and get rid of that green display! I love watching your videos...but the green cast has to go!

Its bad I agree. But have you seen apex97's video. His is a 2016 model and it is way to dark in my opinion.

I am going to eventually make it down for a update though. His video is a prime example of same track and same time.

He posted his review earlier.

Poor-sha 08-24-2015 08:17 PM

40 minutes. That's right about what I got at Summit Point too. That's .4 gallons/minute on track :D

VinnieA 08-24-2015 09:04 PM

Nice!! I get 3 miles per gallon on track.

apex97 08-24-2015 09:06 PM

Great laps! ON that quick lap you got more top speed down the hill than Milner did on his 1:29!
My car really lays down in 4th gear compared to yours..I am guessing it will wake up with some more miles on it. I was purposely lifting at 140mph, but you were at 145mph long before the T9 turn station and mine never got there...strong! You saw 156mph and I doubt mine would beat 150 even I went for the beach in T10:) Gotta go loosen this thing up!!

apex97 08-24-2015 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by lawdogg149 (Post 1590340385)
Its bad I agree. But have you seen apex97's video. His is a 2016 model and it is way to dark in my opinion.

I am going to eventually make it down for a update though. His video is a prime example of same track and same time.

He posted his review earlier.

I think that darkness is partly youtube processing..the raw file is much brighter and sharper on my computer.

lawdogg149 08-24-2015 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by apex97 (Post 1590340817)
I think that darkness is partly youtube processing..the raw file is much brighter and sharper on my computer.

Great point.

Hirohawa 08-24-2015 09:43 PM

Nice results!

kverges 08-24-2015 09:45 PM

What was average lap time?

IndyZR1 08-25-2015 10:39 AM

Hi, please explain this Mod: "lava heat wrapped the air intake window". Do you mean you wrapped the entire intake pipe and filter housing? I have overheat every time I am on the track. In less than 15 minutes the water temp hits 262 warning. Oil is usually in the 295 range. This in upper 70's to mid 80's OAT. Changed to 80/20 water/AF. removed rear hood gasket. Neither seemed to help much. Got maybe an extra lap from these mods.

Since last run, have installed a home made heat shield between oil cooler and Cat. If this air intake wrap helps, will add that also.

2015 Z06 A8 Mobile 1 15W-50 Track alignment, PSS. Stock everything. Love the car. It is fantastic on the track, but only for about 9 laps. Never had a heating issue on the street, even in the low 90's and city driving..it stays cool.

RC000E 08-25-2015 12:40 PM

Please add your track experience/day to the track thread....we need MORE....

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...es-here-8.html

rsilver 08-26-2015 01:55 PM

Lawdogg, nice results and it is great to see you accomplished them with minor mods. I didn't see a radiator in your mods, so you did it all without upgrading the radiator? you have an M7 right? I should be able to tell from the video but I can't. I have an A8 so will probably need a radiator if I am going to even approach what you guys do.

Loved the video, you guys are just shooting the sh*t like you are out for a sunday drive. I doubt I can drive at that level, but should be able to learn smoother lines and at least build some confidence.
best..........bob

lawdogg149 08-26-2015 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by rsilver (Post 1590353255)
Lawdogg, nice results and it is great to see you accomplished them with minor mods. I didn't see a radiator in your mods, so you did it all without upgrading the radiator? you have an M7 right? I should be able to tell from the video but I can't. I have an A8 so will probably need a radiator if I am going to even approach what you guys do.

Loved the video, you guys are just shooting the sh*t like you are out for a sunday drive. I doubt I can drive at that level, but should be able to learn smoother lines and at least build some confidence.
best..........bob

Thanks Bob.

Yelp stock radiator. I just haven't seen the hard facts proving that changing the radiator makes any change. Simple mods my friend cost me a whole $80 I believe. My car is a M7 car so indeed will run a little cooler than your A8.

Yea notice I drove my fastest lap this session while running my mouth. Im thinking it makes me drive faster as a expel the hot air from my mouth. Just a theory though. I just love to talk and love tracking this car.

Just remember while tracking keep looking up. The faster you go the further down the track your eyes need to go.

jvp 08-26-2015 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by lawdogg149 (Post 1590353872)
The faster you go the further down the track your eyes need to go.

Nuh uh! You're supposed to focus on a point right in front of the front bumper!

(Nice run!)

COSPEED 08-26-2015 03:58 PM

Nice!! Always love these events, and Chin is pretty good at keeping the correct skills apart as well. :thumbs:

rsilver 08-26-2015 08:31 PM

Thanks Bob.

Yelp stock radiator. I just haven't seen the hard facts proving that changing the radiator makes any change. Simple mods my friend cost me a whole $80 I believe. My car is a M7 car so indeed will run a little cooler than your A8.

Yea notice I drove my fastest lap this session while running my mouth. Im thinking it makes me drive faster as a expel the hot air from my mouth. Just a theory though. I just love to talk and love tracking this car.

Just remember while tracking keep looking up. The faster you go the further down the track your eyes need to go.

ha, maybe I should try it!!

I was looking at your mods and went back to an old post you made on power steering failure. that has happened to me numerous times. Since I haven't heard you speak of it, what did you do to fix it? I assume it might be due to high engine compartment temps, so maybe removing the cowl seal was the ticket? Mine is at the dealer, of course normal BS response from Gm on the overheating issue. The dealer told me they filed a "tec" with Gm about it and said ' you already know what the answer is" so, no help there. Advice appreciated...........bob

GP1224 08-27-2015 12:17 AM

80 bucks in simple track prep and you run 40+ min. Yet another video of an owner that preps his car the proper way that costs peanuts, and enjoys lap after lap. Well done.

Speednet 08-27-2015 09:24 AM

Thanks Bob.

I enjoyed the commentary on your video! :) Very nice driving, please continue posting your videos!