CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Southern California (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california-45/)
-   -   Good shop to my c6 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/southern-california/3941451-good-shop-to-my-c6.html)

jetbluu 02-08-2017 11:22 AM

Good shop to my c6

Good shop to take my c6 (title edit)

Have some DTC's I'm having trouble pinpointing, P0223 and P2135 on my c6. I'm located in San Diego, 92139 specifically and just wanted a place you guys recommend to take my car to that would help diagnose my issue. Looked over the wiring and all appears to be intact, looking to see if it's the throttle body or the sensor at the pedal, or even possibly the wiring that I'm not noticing.

Events leading to my issue:

Recently had an A&A supercharger installed, Andy looked at the tune and didn't see anything unusual. Was able to drive the car all the way home without issues, did a few pulls no problem, that evening when starting up the car "reduced power mode" popped up on the DIC. Pulling the negative from the battery to reset the ecu made the codes go away and the car ran fine till the next day. The next day, drove the car to work (15 miles one way), went out for lunch and eventually back home without an issue, went out for dinner and on the way back home "reduced engine power" popped back up again. I proceeded to reset the ecu again and was able to drive home. The next day (yesterday) the car went into "reduced power mode" at home fortunately and now resetting it does not make it go away.

MTPZ06 02-08-2017 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by jetbluu (Post 1594049046)
Good shop to take my c6 (title edit)

Have some DTC's I'm having trouble pinpointing, P0223 and P2135 on my c6. I'm located in San Diego, 92139 specifically and just wanted a place you guys recommend to take my car to that would help diagnose my issue. Looked over the wiring and all appears to be intact, looking to see if it's the throttle body or the sensor at the pedal, or even possibly the wiring that I'm not noticing.

Events leading to my issue:

Recently had an A&A supercharger installed, Andy looked at the tune and didn't see anything unusual. Was able to drive the car all the way home without issues, did a few pulls no problem, that evening when starting up the car "reduced power mode" popped up on the DIC. Pulling the negative from the battery to reset the ecu made the codes go away and the car ran fine till the next day. The next day, drove the car to work (15 miles one way), went out for lunch and eventually back home without an issue, went out for dinner and on the way back home "reduced engine power" popped back up again. I proceeded to reset the ecu again and was able to drive home. The next day (yesterday) the car went into "reduced power mode" at home fortunately and now resetting it does not make it go away.

Former SD and OC resident here...just head north up the 15 FWY to Murrieta, and see Ryne at CMS (Cunningham Motorsports). One of the best in the Biz! :thumbs:

jetbluu 02-08-2017 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Former SD and OC resident here...just head north up the 15 FWY to Murrieta, and see Ryne at CMS (Cunningham Motorsports). One of the best in the Biz! :thumbs:

One shop I'm considering, thanks! Good thing my AAA plus membership allows towing up to 100 miles :yesnod:

MTPZ06 02-08-2017 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by jetbluu (Post 1594050104)
One shop I'm considering, thanks! Good thing my AAA plus membership allows towing up to 100 miles :yesnod:

You might be pushing the limits of your 100 mile range, but I also recommend Kohle at American Heritage Performance (AHP). CMS and AHP are the only two shops that ever touched my C5Z and C6Z...cant go wrong with either. :cheers:

jetbluu 02-08-2017 02:04 PM

CMS is 69 miles and American Heritage is 110 miles from my place, I'll be pushing it going to AHP unfortunately :lol:

Brandon619 02-08-2017 06:07 PM

Why take it to them, have them come to you? PM sent

Torch FRC 02-08-2017 06:10 PM

I can highly recommend CMS.

SUB VETTE 02-09-2017 03:26 PM

Recommend Excelsior Motor Sports in Escondido. He knows everything and anything about Corvettes. www.excelsiormotorsports.com

hawk93 02-10-2017 01:09 AM

2nd vote

2nd vote for Excelsior.... He has a great shop and I had the best experience to date.

WarHammer619 05-16-2017 12:12 AM

Excelsior for sure!!!!!