CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   expedia (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/3988808-expedia.html)

shootnstarz 05-17-2017 09:21 AM

expedia

DO NOT ever do business with this company. I had to cancel my reservations in Bowling Green for the C4 Gathering w/30 hrs notice and I got charged anyway, they don't do refunds for cancellations.

So now I'm out $582 for nothing, more than enough to pay for the repairs that caused the cancelations. I am so tired of getting screwed by big companies, and just try to talk to a live person. Pass the word and get this criminal enterprise shut down.

Rick

Tom's_03SVT 05-17-2017 09:24 AM

Did you buy the travel insurance?

shootnstarz 05-17-2017 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tom's_03SVT (Post 1594756165)
Did you buy the travel insurance?

No, I plead ignorant to all that, all I know is I'm out a lot of money trying to save a few bucks. I will know better next time but that does not make getting 582 dollars stolen from me any better.

Cruisinfanatic 05-17-2017 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by shootnstarz (Post 1594756147)
DO NOT ever do business with this company. I had to cancel my reservations in Bowling Green for the C4 Gathering w/30 hrs notice and I got charged anyway, they don't do refunds for cancellations.

So now I'm out $582 for nothing, more than enough to pay for the repairs that caused the cancelations. I am so tired of getting screwed by big companies, and just try to talk to a live person. Pass the word and get this criminal enterprise shut down.

Rick

you didn't read the cancellation terms? How is this Expedia's fault?

Tom's_03SVT 05-17-2017 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by shootnstarz (Post 1594756196)
No, I plead ignorant to all that, all I know is I'm out a lot of money trying to save a few bucks. I will know better next time but that does not make getting 582 dollars stolen from me any better.

Are you still within 24 hrs of your arrival? You might be able to call the hotel directly and recoupe some of your cash.

Bagpype 05-17-2017 09:37 AM

Rick

First off, think about the implications of a discount travel site giving full refunds with 30 hours notice. They would go out of business fast. You chose them to save money and I'm assuming they had the best deal you could find. Keep in mind, there is no such thing as a free lunch.

shootnstarz 05-17-2017 10:43 AM

Great, should have known I'd get this kind of support from this forum. Yes I was ignorant to the cancelation terms but I've always booked through the hotel.

Shit happens like broken shifter cables and sometimes reservations cannot be kept, a little understanding would go a long way but this is not the place for it. I'm glad the folks on the Mountain Run are not like ya'll, they actually try to help but all this forum does it tear people down. What a bunch of assholes !!!!

Rick Hogue

Bagpype 05-17-2017 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by shootnstarz (Post 1594756713)
Great, should have known I'd get this kind of support from this forum. Yes I was ignorant to the cancelation terms but I've always booked through the hotel.

Shit happens like broken shifter cables and sometimes reservations cannot be kept, a little understanding would go a long way but this is not the place for it. I'm glad the folks on the Mountain Run are not like ya'll, they actually try to help but all this forum does it tear people down. What a bunch of assholes !!!!

Rick Hogue

As a general rule I refuse to argue with children.:crazy2:

vette196 05-17-2017 10:51 AM

Rick Hogue

"Are you still within 24 hrs of your arrival? You might be able to call the hotel directly and recoupe some of your cash"

WOW, such an asshole for such a reply...NOT

I feel for you, but why lash out at a whole forum because you didn't like the reply from a few?

aklim 05-17-2017 10:52 AM

So now I'm out $582 for nothing, more than enough to pay for the repairs that caused the cancelations.

I am so tired of getting screwed by big companies, and just try to talk to a live person.

Pass the word and get this criminal enterprise shut down.

How is that Expedia's fault? You got it at a cheaper price so you have certain restrictions. Or did you mean you want to have your cake and eat it too?

What do you expect a live person to do? Change the rules for you and get fired? Would YOU? I surely wouldn't go outside the rules of the company.

What would you expect us to say? You couldn't read and therefore feel that someone should bend the rules for you?

confab 05-17-2017 10:54 AM

Good to know.

I understand cancellation terms and discount travel, but you'd think for their own sake they would at least pro-rate it a little because (as this post demonstrates) complete intransigence means they have a customer who will never book through them again.

aklim 05-17-2017 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by shootnstarz (Post 1594756196)
No, I plead ignorant to all that, all I know is I'm out a lot of money trying to save a few bucks. I will know better next time

but that does not make getting 582 dollars stolen from me any better.

Now you paid $582 to learn a couple things. You should read and you need to understand that cheap comes at a price. Good education.

No, YOU were at fault. Don't try to dramatize it and blame others. READ THE PRINT. You didn't think you were going to get all kinds off goodies cheap, did you?

aklim 05-17-2017 10:57 AM

Shit happens like broken shifter cables and sometimes reservations cannot be kept, a little understanding would go a long way but this is not the place for it.

I'm glad the folks on the Mountain Run are not like ya'll, they actually try to help but all this forum does it tear people down. What a bunch of assholes !!!!

Rick Hogue

Then this time you should have booked through the hotel and maybe spent a bit more for travel insurance.

You want understanding? Pay for it.

Awww! Got butthurt becuase you don't like to face your own stupidity and try to blame others?

aklim 05-17-2017 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by confab (Post 1594756826)
complete intransigence means they have a customer who will never book through them again.

Would the few bucks they make with his patronage really do much in the long run when other customers start doing the same thing? Say they play "one off the other", now what? I have worked in retail and seen customers run across the street and say "Your competitor said he'd knock $50 off. Got a better offer?" then take that offer to the other guy and so on and so forth. What happens when I book on 3 sites and wait till the last second to "snipe" the best offer and dump the other 2?

DGXR 05-17-2017 11:09 AM

Often you can just reschedule the bookings to avoid losing the money (deposit or otherwise). I'm doing this now with a resort in Tahoe. I'd only lose $150 but I do eventually want to stay at the place so I'll keep rescheduling my itinerary until it works out. This was suggested by the front desk person since they apparently have lots of reschedules and cancellations.

confab 05-17-2017 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by aklim (Post 1594756889)
Would the few bucks they make with his patronage really do much in the long run when other customers start doing the same thing? Say they play "one off the other", now what? I have worked in retail and seen customers run across the street and say "Your competitor said he'd knock $50 off. Got a better offer?" then take that offer to the other guy and so on and so forth. What happens when I book on 3 sites and wait till the last second to "snipe" the best offer and dump the other 2?

No argument that their terms are their terms. That's how it is. I agree 100%.

Most companies are concerned about future patronage and try to do something to accommodate people in situations like this. Surprised they did not, but that's the way it is. Their rules. Period.

Ideally, I do think they would refund some portion just to avoid situations like this. Some percentage, even if it is small. Say, half? That would avoid the "shopping" situation you describe.

But again, I agree that they are under no obligation whatsoever. The fault is the OP's. He paid a price for being unaware of their policies. But Expedia will pay a price also.

I worked in retail for a while too, managing stores across three states. We couldn't always accommodate a customer's wishes, but their continued patronage was important to us so we made an effort when it was possible to do so. Right or wrong it is an expectation people have and we didn't want to lose a customer unnecessarily.

Cruisinfanatic 05-17-2017 11:50 AM

Rick Hogue

What would you like us to do to help?
Expedia is actually one of the easier travel sites that tell you exactly when the free cancellation date is. It often ranges from 3 days to a week. I didn't see a clause for broken shifter cables in the terms on any of the hotels I looked at

F-86 05-17-2017 12:06 PM

Rick

So... rent a car for $139 a week and go

F-86 05-17-2017 12:09 PM

So... rent a car for $139 a week and go

belairbrian 05-17-2017 12:54 PM

Rick Hogue

Someone please help him out. There must be instructions on closing your forum membership somewhere.

So you booked for an event then cancelled and expect the hotel and travel service to suck up the cost of the vacant room, they can't rent at the last second.