CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Cars (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars-24/)
-   -   People rushing to pay 30k over MSRP for Demon as "collector" and FCA already... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/other-cars/4022065-people-rushing-to-pay-30k-over-msrp-for-demon-as-collector-and-fca-already.html)

KnightDriveTV 07-30-2017 06:08 PM

People rushing to pay 30k over MSRP for Demon as "collector" and FCA already...

Registered the name "Angel", which implies HALO or the opposition to the Demon. So, while people are paying 30k over MSRP and ready to store their "limited production" Demons, just like people did with Hellcats and all others, should probably see a trend here.

FCA is struggling in some ways, but they are KILLIN it with these 120k dollar, 30k dollar cars.

NytmereZ 07-30-2017 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. (Post 1595253866)
Registered the name "Angel", which implies HALO or the opposition to the Demon. So, while people are paying 30k over MSRP and ready to store their "limited production" Demons, just like people did with Hellcats and all others, should probably see a trend here.

FCA is struggling in some ways, but they are KILLIN it with these 120k dollar, 30k dollar cars.

FCA has nothing to do with shady dealers who charge over sticker, the only people who pay over MSRP are the ones who have to be 1st.
This happens with any car model that is new and in demand if people are foolish enough to pay extra, it's on them.

As far as the name "Angel" being registered as opposition to the Demon.... So what, dodge needs a new model, the challenger is being dropped soon anyway it's chassis is dated and needs a total redesign.

How dare them bring ,new ,cool, fast cars to the market, I think they should just do special edition sticker packages instead.
(that was written with sarcasm)

Velocity_Vette 07-31-2017 01:56 PM

:iagree:

Un(?)fortunately for the United States manufacturers that utilize the dealership model (i.e., seemingly everyone but Tesla) can effectively charge whatever they think they will get out of a car. It seems absurd that individuals will pay well above sticker for a vehicle but when you are that person that absolutely has to have it and has the means to buy it you get individuals that are all in on a concept that most buyers would scoff at.

I also agree that a lot of this is probably the FCA trying to get everything they can get out of this current chassis; it's in serious need of an update especially as both GM and Ford now have very competent and modernized pony segment cars with the current Camaro and Mustang respectively.

You think the Demon over sticker is crazy but when the recent Civic Type R first hit dealers many were charging market adjustments of $20K-$25K on a $35K car; imagine paying $60K for a Civic.

sublime1996525 07-31-2017 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Velocity_Vette (Post 1595258969)
:iagree:

Un(?)fortunately for the United States manufacturers that utilize the dealership model (i.e., seemingly everyone but Tesla) can effectively charge whatever they think they will get out of a car. It seems absurd that individuals will pay well above sticker for a vehicle but when you are that person that absolutely has to have it and has the means to buy it you get individuals that are all in on a concept that most buyers would scoff at.

I also agree that a lot of this is probably the FCA trying to get everything they can get out of this current chassis; it's in serious need of an update especially as both GM and Ford now have very competent and modernized pony segment cars with the current Camaro and Mustang respectively.

You think the Demon over sticker is crazy but when the recent Civic Type R first hit dealers many were charging market adjustments of $20K-$25K on a $35K car; imagine paying $60K for a Civic.

People paying $60k for a Civic? That is a lot of OT at Taco Bell...:lol:

KnightDriveTV 07-31-2017 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by NytmereZ (Post 1595255259)
FCA has nothing to do with shady dealers who charge over sticker, the only people who pay over MSRP are the ones who have to be 1st.
This happens with any car model that is new and in demand if people are foolish enough to pay extra, it's on them.

As far as the name "Angel" being registered as opposition to the Demon.... So what, dodge needs a new model, the challenger is being dropped soon anyway it's chassis is dated and needs a total redesign.

How dare them bring ,new ,cool, fast cars to the market, I think they should just do special edition sticker packages instead.
(that was written with sarcasm)

That's an interesting perspective. FCA markets and creates the public perception of an upcoming model, fuels speculation, hype, etc then create a policy to avoid "gouging" that doesn't work. I think you are failing to see a well executed model for the dealer network. Sure does give incentive to the dealers to work for allocations and jump through the numbers hoops.

To say that FCA is standing by powerless...cmon man, they love every second of it.

To the sticker point, hey...you didn't see them not selling did you? You bait your audience and known demographics which want exclusivity...it's all the same. You think all these factors aren't calculated carefully?

I say it's just business, and I love seein them execute. I merely posted this as a laugh to those who will pay the 130k, to be the first to not drive their Demon, in the hopes it'll go up in value, which is pretty humorous.

NytmereZ 07-31-2017 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. (Post 1595262847)
That's an interesting perspective. FCA markets and creates the public perception of an upcoming model, fuels speculation, hype, etc then create a policy to avoid "gouging" that doesn't work. I think you are failing to see a well executed model for the dealer network. Sure does give incentive to the dealers to work for allocations and jump through the numbers hoops.

To say that FCA is standing by powerless...cmon man, they love every second of it.

To the sticker point, hey...you didn't see them not selling did you? You bait your audience and known demographics which want exclusivity...it's all the same. You think all these factors aren't calculated carefully?

I say it's just business, and I love seein them execute. I merely posted this as a laugh to those who will pay the 130k, to be the first to not drive their Demon, in the hopes it'll go up in value, which is pretty humorous.

All car companies bait people to want the next latest and greatest, chevy is the worst offender when it comes to this, I've been buying new Corvette Z models since the 01 C5 Z, 06 Z, then ZR1, which people thought would be "collectible" all were marketed as "the best vette"... most track capable vette" etc....all of which tons of people(who had to be 1st) payed well
over sticker. Wait for the dealer gouging on the upcoming ZR1.
What I am basically saying is that ALL car companies do it .

Can you honestly say that if someone was willing to pay you 10k over what your car is worth you wouldn't do it?

HoldHard 08-04-2017 02:14 PM

840-hp Demon? Sign here... here... here and oh one more....

From the Acknowledgement letter that Demon buyers are forced to sign in front of a notary just to place an order, Fiat Chrysler and its lawyers have some serious concerns.

Among the clauses customers must sign off on:

"Customer hereby assumes all risk associated with the vehicle ... and waives any and all claims against FCA US LLC and/or dealer."

"If the Vehicle is not factory equipped with a passenger seat, Customer shall never attempt to install a passenger seat because the passenger will not be properly protected."

"The Drag Tires are not recommended for driving in wet weather conditions where there is a risk of hydroplaning."

"Customer shall never use any 'Track-Use' features, functions, equipment or parts on public roads or any other prohibited area."

"Customer shall read and fully understand the Vehicle's Owner's Manual, User Guide, 2018 Demon Supplement and 2018 Demon Tips Card in they entirety prior to operating the Vehicle."

"Customer shall have full responsibility and shall assume all risks related to the use of the features and applications in the Vehicle and shall only use the features and applications when it is safe to do so. Failure to do so may result in an accident involving serious injury or death."

Especially like that last one.... :rofl:

HH

OHRambler 07-17-2020 02:26 PM

Too many people can’t pass on the Kool Aid. Passed several masked cyclists on the bike trail yesterday! :crazy2:

sly1 07-18-2020 10:38 AM

LOL I don't even have a mask. I just use a bandanna which I put on before entering a store. For convenience I typically tie the bandanna to my neck, and move it to cover my mouth and nose before going into a store. I have recently seen some people wearing plastic face shields in stores. Actually I like super cautious people. I went to a Subway yesterday, and a van pulled into the last parking space near the store. So I had to park around a hundred feet away. To make matters worse the van was driven by a young woman with three kids. So I expected to have to wait for four meals to be prepared. As I walked to the store, I was surprised to see no one exiting the van. As I approached the store, I saw two Hispanic workers being served. The woman and her kids did not enter the store until the Hispanic workers and I had been served and exited the store. So that hyper cautious woman saved me at least a 10 minute wait at Subway. :)

hawkgfr 07-19-2020 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by OHRambler (Post 1601856954)
Too many people can’t pass on the Kool Aid. Passed several masked cyclists on the bike trail yesterday! :crazy2:

dude....this is 2020...there was no Wuhan flu in 2017...:lol:

hcallaway 07-27-2020 08:24 PM

Great Car Fair Price Fun to Drive

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...de4a17cc0.jpeg

hawkgfr 07-28-2020 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by hcallaway (Post 1601913096)

Is that a chip on fender near hood? Love the car and color.

hcallaway 07-28-2020 04:49 PM

No chips. It had a 127 miles on it in that picture. I took it to Cars and Coffee that weekend and there were 3 more there. One guy owned two. Limited but not that limited. It is one of my best friends cars. He wanted me to show it. He has lots to choose from. It is a rock solid car to push hard and it has had great reliability. Good gas mileage AC is cold etc. I would take this over his Tuner TNT Motorsports Texas Viper with over 800 HP and documentation of 200+ MPH. That is like driving a stock car living on the edge. The Demon makes your wife a threat at the stop light against almost everyone.

hcallaway 07-28-2020 05:03 PM

IMHO the Demon is a great car and worth the money it can bring.

Even compared to this Dodge I like the Demon better. This car can kill you in a second, the demon is very forgiving.https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...fd4bc7e0d.jpeg
1998 Dodge Viper GTS-R No. 15 of 100 built. King Snake, 800hp 6 Speed Stock Number: 1310 1998 GTS-R \ This Viper underwent a King Snake conversion built by TNT Motorsports and puts out 800 HP. If you are looking for a Viper of all Viper's in 1998, this was your car. This beast puts 703.0 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm to the ground and that is impressive for any vehicle. They sold for an amazing $145,171.00 dollars and that was over 20 years ago! The Racing heritage of the GTS-R was amazing. It won 23 con

MarkItZero 08-02-2020 06:19 PM

It still seems to me from a business standpoint Dodge should spend less time making extreme high horsepower cars for a niche market and maybe focus more on making a single normal vehicle worth a damn. Aside from the challengers their entire line is ugly, dated and cheap feeling with lackluster reliability to boot.

OHRambler 08-02-2020 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by MarkItZero (Post 1601946573)
It still seems to me from a business standpoint Dodge should spend less time making extreme high horsepower cars for a niche market and maybe focus more on making a single normal vehicle worth a damn. Aside from the challengers their entire line is ugly, dated and cheap feeling with lackluster reliability to boot.

Just like Fiats!

64drvr 08-02-2020 08:14 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I’m not a big chrysler fan but chevy is the industry leader in unnecessarily ugly cars.

Dave68 08-02-2020 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by OHRambler (Post 1601856954)

Wait, didn't you know that the Covid virus can fly hundreds of miles under extreme weather conditions until it slams into and around a poorly sealed face mask to infect and kill the bicycle rider within two weeks?
I thought everyone knew that! :lol:

OHRambler 08-02-2020 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dave68 (Post 1601947266)
Wait, didn't you know that the Covid virus can fly hundreds of miles under extreme weather conditions until it slams into and around a poorly sealed face mask to infect and kill the bicycle rider within two weeks?
I thought everyone knew that! :lol:

I did not, but that would certainly explain the wild-eyed hysteria on every network news broadcast!

FAUEE 08-03-2020 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by MarkItZero (Post 1601946573)

Why? They make tons of profit on these cars, those "normal" vehicles are loss leaders with virtually no margin and hyper competitive rivals. Plus a HUGE brand loyalty to Toyota and Honda in boring car segments, you only beat them by beating them on price on boring cars. Focusing on SUVs, and more niche cars makes way more sense than dumping huge money into failing segments where you'll never be on an even playing field.

Plus, keeping old models like Journey around allows them to sell them at really cheap prices and keep the volume up. Decent cars too. People online love to harp about FCA poor reliability, but they're WAY more reliable than anything German except maybe Porsche.