CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Northwest (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest-127/)
-   -   All ready for the big show today! New ACI skirts, and modified C6 splash guards (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/pacific-northwest/4034764-all-ready-for-the-big-show-today-new-aci-skirts-and-modified-c6-splash-guards.html)

ErikwithAK01 08-27-2017 06:33 AM

All ready for the big show today! New ACI skirts, and modified C6 splash guards

9 Attachment(s)
I have had these parts sitting around for a hot minute, so I decided to throw them on before the show in Issaquah today :rock:

Well...I'm not sure I should use the term "throw them on" as I spent about 15 hours cutting, fitting, trimming, painting, and installing everything :eek: Really what took forever is that I molded everything into the body (as you can see bellow) with black silicone. I used plastic pinstripe tape on the body, and on the part, then ran a bead along the gap between them and smoothed it out, pulled the tape; Voila! perfect mold :thumbs:

Now the only thing I'm waitin' on is a GTC-300 APR 3d wing, and a set of SLC v.3 fixed headlights, and the outside of my car is done :woohoo::cool::cheers::thumbs:

Hope to see you all there at the Corvette Marquee Club of Seattle all Corvette Show in Issaquah today :flag:

last901 08-27-2017 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by ErikwithAK01 (Post 1595448187)
I have had these parts sitting around for a hot minute, so I decided to throw them on before the show in Issaquah today :rock:

Well...I'm not sure I should use the term "throw them on" as I spent about 15 hours cutting, fitting, trimming, painting, and installing everything :eek: Really what took forever is that I molded everything into the body (as you can see bellow) with black silicone. I used plastic pinstripe tape on the body, and on the part, then ran a bead along the gap between them and smoothed it out, pulled the tape; Voila! perfect mold :thumbs:

Now the only thing I'm waitin' on is a GTC-300 APR 3d wing, and a set of SLC v.3 fixed headlights, and the outside of my car is done :woohoo::cool::cheers::thumbs:

Hope to see you all there at the Corvette Marquee Club of Seattle all Corvette Show in Issaquah today :flag:

Saw you drive in this afternoon. Pretty impressive.Took m a minute to figure out it was you. The rear valance with the graphics gave you away. :thumbs:

ErikwithAK01 08-28-2017 09:01 AM

Thanks :cheers: It is definitely unique, that is for sure! There were several of our number there at the show, I talked with a lot of our cadre at the event. It was a great show. I'll have to get my pictures online soon.

My wofe and I left at noon and went to Postdoc brewing a few miles away, and that's where we spent the rest of the afternoon. It got hot!

kenthomas4 08-28-2017 09:07 AM

Good to see you today Erik. Your car looks great and is coming along nicely. I am sure that wing and headlights will NOT be the end of the exterior mods...:lol: because it never is!