Pacific Northwest Idaho | Oregon | Washington | Hawaii | Alaska.

All ready for the big show today! New ACI skirts, and modified C6 splash guards

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 06:33 AM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts
Default All ready for the big show today! New ACI skirts, and modified C6 splash guards

I have had these parts sitting around for a hot minute, so I decided to throw them on before the show in Issaquah today

Well...I'm not sure I should use the term "throw them on" as I spent about 15 hours cutting, fitting, trimming, painting, and installing everything Really what took forever is that I molded everything into the body (as you can see bellow) with black silicone. I used plastic pinstripe tape on the body, and on the part, then ran a bead along the gap between them and smoothed it out, pulled the tape; Voila! perfect mold

Now the only thing I'm waitin' on is a GTC-300 APR 3d wing, and a set of SLC v.3 fixed headlights, and the outside of my car is done

Hope to see you all there at the Corvette Marquee Club of Seattle all Corvette Show in Issaquah today
Attached Images          
Old 08-27-2017, 05:11 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikwithAK01
I have had these parts sitting around for a hot minute, so I decided to throw them on before the show in Issaquah today

Well...I'm not sure I should use the term "throw them on" as I spent about 15 hours cutting, fitting, trimming, painting, and installing everything Really what took forever is that I molded everything into the body (as you can see bellow) with black silicone. I used plastic pinstripe tape on the body, and on the part, then ran a bead along the gap between them and smoothed it out, pulled the tape; Voila! perfect mold

Now the only thing I'm waitin' on is a GTC-300 APR 3d wing, and a set of SLC v.3 fixed headlights, and the outside of my car is done

Hope to see you all there at the Corvette Marquee Club of Seattle all Corvette Show in Issaquah today
Saw you drive in this afternoon. Pretty impressive.Took m a minute to figure out it was you. The rear valance with the graphics gave you away.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:01 AM
ErikwithAK01
Drifting

Received 739 Likes on 334 Posts

Thanks It is definitely unique, that is for sure! There were several of our number there at the show, I talked with a lot of our cadre at the event. It was a great show. I'll have to get my pictures online soon.

My wofe and I left at noon and went to Postdoc brewing a few miles away, and that's where we spent the rest of the afternoon. It got hot!
Old 08-28-2017, 09:07 AM
kenthomas4
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts

Good to see you today Erik. Your car looks great and is coming along nicely. I am sure that wing and headlights will NOT be the end of the exterior mods... because it never is!

Get notified of new replies

To All ready for the big show today! New ACI skirts, and modified C6 splash guards

Quick Reply: All ready for the big show today! New ACI skirts, and modified C6 splash guards