CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   Swell...."Service Power Steering. Drive with care" (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/4047043-swell-service-power-steering-drive-with-care.html)

FYREANT 09-25-2017 07:27 PM

Swell...."Service Power Steering. Drive with care"

Took the car out today and as soon as I pull out of the garage, (engine still cold) it gives me Service Power Steering. Drive With Care". But, it comes up and goes away VERY fast and there is no loss of power steering. This is odd as everyone else with this issue sounds like they lost PS. It took me a few minutes to catch the alert as it would come up and go away so quickly. Its not overheating. Cant be. Came up when the car was cold.

So I took it out and drove it about 10 miles. PS was fine, but the alert keeps coming up and going away quickly every few minutes. First time this has happened in 53,000 miles, and, first time since I rebuilt the motor 1700 miles ago. It has the characteristics of a loose connector or ground so I'll check those when I get home. Haven't pulled codes yet to see if there are any.

Weird... isn't it?

Ant 🐜

IH8FORD 09-25-2017 08:47 PM

does seem weird I think you are going in the right direction with connector or ground since you were just in that area. If you pull any codes let me know and ill tell you what to check.

Avanti 09-25-2017 10:16 PM

For what it's worth, I drove a new '17 I had bought long-distance and the p/s failed completely while doing so, BUT no DIC messages at all! Go figure.

Btw, Kerbeck's had an identical '18 which they sent me out the door with at the same price. GREAT guys!

6.2Blown 09-25-2017 10:21 PM

This same thing happened on mine when I didn't ground the catch can properly ... :eek:

Originally Posted by IH8FORD (Post 1595641656)
does seem weird I think you are going in the right direction with connector or ground since you were just in that area. If you pull any codes let me know and ill tell you what to check.

Vette-High 11-21-2018 10:51 AM

Power steering Drive with care

My wife just bought here dads 2014 C7 that had 1050 miles on it and she drove it home 800mile no problem. Once home we had to show it off and that's when the Power steering indicator come on and it would hardly turn. I've searched the forums and was hoping the issues had been worked out by now. I can't find any answers. Does anyone know what we should do really love it apart from that.

FYREANT 11-21-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Vette-High (Post 1598372473)
My wife just bought here dads 2014 C7 that had 1050 miles on it and she drove it home 800mile no problem. Once home we had to show it off and that's when the Power steering indicator come on and it would hardly turn. I've searched the forums and was hoping the issues had been worked out by now. I can't find any answers. Does anyone know what we should do really love it apart from that.

remove the connector, spray it with brake cleaner on both the male and female parts and reconnect it and see if it goes away.

Vette-High 11-21-2018 12:02 PM

What connector any chance you know where it is I'll try it

FYREANT 11-21-2018 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Vette-High (Post 1598372907)
What connector any chance you know where it is I'll try it

Replied to your PM. The power steering rack connector on the top of the rack that connects it to the main wiring harness.

Ant

eboggs_jkvl 11-21-2018 02:04 PM

Loose ground, connector that ant is talking about, or loose connection at the battey posts.

Elmer

Ghostnotes 11-21-2018 02:13 PM

I just had this happen after a supercharger install.

If all else fails or any other strange occurrence happens, there is a terminal block under the fuse block. Has 4 lugs on it and 2 of mine were loose. After I tightened it my problem went away. I never messed with it at all and it's covered.

robert miller 11-21-2018 05:54 PM

ttt

Ant mine did the same also like the above guy had said on the catch can. This car is so bad on ground the only thing I did was put the ground wire on the bottom & not on the top on the bolt so the wire was down on the frame rail like. Then it never came back on again I also never lost of P/S in the car..Robert