CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous-173/)
-   -   A&A supercharger blow off valve WAY to loud. Options? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-forced-induction-nitrous/4064665-a-and-a-supercharger-blow-off-valve-way-to-loud-options.html)

badass1g 11-09-2017 09:10 PM

A&A supercharger blow off valve WAY to loud. Options?

So I called A&a they said my only option is to spend $500 on some big Bubba bov with some filter and extender pieces to route the air to the passenger side under the car. Doesn’t it make more sense to somehow re circulate back into the intake? Are there other bov options? Currently I’ve got the race gate 50mm, it is just SOOO loud all the time esp with city driving. Wouldn’t mind if it was just after I️ boosted like on turbo cars but this is just crazy loud.

Nexxussian 11-09-2017 11:43 PM

I read that dual BOVs are quieter.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589918877

I've also read that different valves sound different. (several posts)

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589920977

FYREANT 11-10-2017 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by badass1g (Post 1595938008)
So I called A&a they said my only option is to spend $500 on some big Bubba bov with some filter and extender pieces to route the air to the passenger side under the car. Doesn’t it make more sense to somehow re circulate back into the intake? Are there other bov options? Currently I’ve got the race gate 50mm, it is just SOOO loud all the time esp with city driving. Wouldn’t mind if it was just after I️ boosted like on turbo cars but this is just crazy loud.

All C7 centrifugal blowers use a VTA BOV (vent to atmosphere). None of them were designed as a recirc/diverter valve.

KenBrownfield 11-10-2017 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by badass1g (Post 1595938008)

I opted for the quiet BOV with my A&A and you can hardly hear it below 3K RPM. Daily driving you can't really notice it at all. Now I will say in the upper RPM's on let off it is noticeable but still not that loud....

robert miller 11-10-2017 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by KenBrownfield (Post 1595942601)
I opted for the quiet BOV with my A&A and you can hardly hear it below 3K RPM. Daily driving you can't really notice it at all. Now I will say in the upper RPM's on let off it is noticeable but still not that loud....

:iagree: But then again I went for the loud one.:rofl::rofl:

KenBrownfield 11-11-2017 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by robert miller (Post 1595943000)
:iagree: But then again I went for the loud one.:rofl::rofl:

Ha. Sometimes I wish I had the loud one. It does sound kind of cool.

badass1g 11-11-2017 02:00 PM

When you guys say you went with the quiet one is that the big Bubba? What brand is yours? And where did you get it? Can you guys post pics of your quieter bov setups? Possibly interested in trading? It draws sooooo much attn to the car I’m constantly getting people taking pics and smiling etc. largely due to all the crazy noises it’s making from the blower and bov.

FYREANT 11-11-2017 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by badass1g (Post 1595948519)
When you guys say you went with the quiet one is that the big Bubba? What brand is yours? And where did you get it? Can you guys post pics of your quieter bov setups? Possibly interested in trading? It draws sooooo much attn to the car I’m constantly getting people taking pics and smiling etc. largely due to all the crazy noises it’s making from the blower and bov.

Post up a pic of the one you got on there now! :thumbs:

robert miller 11-12-2017 08:48 PM

I got mine from Andy he ask me if I wanted to quite r loud one plus the loud one is 50mm it also has no filter on it. Robert

KenBrownfield 11-13-2017 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Mine is a TurboSmart Plumb Back