C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A supercharger blow off valve WAY to loud. Options?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 09:10 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Default A&A supercharger blow off valve WAY to loud. Options?

So I called A&a they said my only option is to spend $500 on some big Bubba bov with some filter and extender pieces to route the air to the passenger side under the car. Doesn’t it make more sense to somehow re circulate back into the intake? Are there other bov options? Currently I’ve got the race gate 50mm, it is just SOOO loud all the time esp with city driving. Wouldn’t mind if it was just after I️ boosted like on turbo cars but this is just crazy loud.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:43 PM
Nexxussian
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I read that dual BOVs are quieter.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589918877

I've also read that different valves sound different. (several posts)

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1589920977
Old 11-10-2017, 06:51 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by badass1g
So I called A&a they said my only option is to spend $500 on some big Bubba bov with some filter and extender pieces to route the air to the passenger side under the car. Doesn’t it make more sense to somehow re circulate back into the intake? Are there other bov options? Currently I’ve got the race gate 50mm, it is just SOOO loud all the time esp with city driving. Wouldn’t mind if it was just after I️ boosted like on turbo cars but this is just crazy loud.
All C7 centrifugal blowers use a VTA BOV (vent to atmosphere). None of them were designed as a recirc/diverter valve.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:06 PM
KenBrownfield
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I opted for the quiet BOV with my A&A and you can hardly hear it below 3K RPM. Daily driving you can't really notice it at all. Now I will say in the upper RPM's on let off it is noticeable but still not that loud....
Old 11-10-2017, 04:01 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by KenBrownfield
I opted for the quiet BOV with my A&A and you can hardly hear it below 3K RPM. Daily driving you can't really notice it at all. Now I will say in the upper RPM's on let off it is noticeable but still not that loud....
But then again I went for the loud one.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:38 AM
KenBrownfield
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by robert miller
But then again I went for the loud one.
Ha. Sometimes I wish I had the loud one. It does sound kind of cool.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:00 PM
badass1g
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

When you guys say you went with the quiet one is that the big Bubba? What brand is yours? And where did you get it? Can you guys post pics of your quieter bov setups? Possibly interested in trading? It draws sooooo much attn to the car I’m constantly getting people taking pics and smiling etc. largely due to all the crazy noises it’s making from the blower and bov.
The following users liked this post:
nurse_corvette (08-02-2021)
Old 11-11-2017, 02:24 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

When you guys say you went with the quiet one is that the big Bubba? What brand is yours? And where did you get it? Can you guys post pics of your quieter bov setups? Possibly interested in trading? It draws sooooo much attn to the car I’m constantly getting people taking pics and smiling etc. largely due to all the crazy noises it’s making from the blower and bov.
Post up a pic of the one you got on there now!
Old 11-12-2017, 08:48 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

I got mine from Andy he ask me if I wanted to quite r loud one plus the loud one is 50mm it also has no filter on it. Robert
Old 11-13-2017, 12:05 PM
KenBrownfield
Heel & Toe

Mine is a TurboSmart Plumb Back
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To A&A supercharger blow off valve WAY to loud. Options?

Quick Reply: A&A supercharger blow off valve WAY to loud. Options?