CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Molding strip (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/4089388-molding-strip.html)

who928 01-13-2018 11:50 AM

Molding strip

Vette was in body shop , when I got it back the thin strip where the fender screws down to the inner fender well which is held down by the screws was missing on one side. Went back to body shop and you no the answer I got. If you look down between the hood and fender gap one side you see black the other side you see paint . Strip is missing . Like to no name or part #so I can get one. thanks Joe

knewblewkorvette 01-13-2018 11:58 AM

Give Marc at Vettenuts a call, he'd have one.

Contact Number:

615.896.6100 or 615.801.2711

Yello95 01-13-2018 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by who928 (Post 1596369735)
Vette was in body shop , when I got it back the thin strip where the fender screws down to the inner fender well which is held down by the screws was missing on one side. Went back to body shop and you no the answer I got. If you look down between the hood and fender gap one side you see black the other side you see paint . Strip is missing . Like to no name or part #so I can get one. thanks Joe

fender to hood seal? if so Corvette Central has them...:cheers:

97-13 C5 Hood To Side Fender And C6 Rear Hatch Side Seal Weatherstrip

redzg 01-13-2018 01:32 PM

Which body shop?

c4cruiser 01-13-2018 01:44 PM

Sounds like the body shop didn't do the work correctly. No reason why you should not get the car back with all of the body components in place.

I would go back and tell them to fix it properly. Maybe bring along some pics of another car with the molding correctly in place. No way I would have accepted the work, much less paid for it. If your insurance was paying for the work, contact them and say the work is unacceptable. Take pics of the improper repair and have the pics of the proper way it should look.

Yello95 01-13-2018 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by c4cruiser (Post 1596370415)
Sounds like the body shop didn't do the work correctly. No reason why you should not get the car back with all of the body components in place.

I would go back and tell them to fix it properly. Maybe bring along some pics of another car with the molding correctly in place. No way I would have accepted the work, much less paid for it. If your insurance was paying for the work, contact them and say the work is unacceptable. Take pics of the improper repair and have the pics of the proper way it should look.

:iagree:

who928 01-13-2018 05:22 PM

I left on not to good terms, like where going to call the cops. probably taking them to court. Lupi's Body Shop in Odessa Tx. . Had the car for three months for a week job. Said they had trouble matching paint. BS . So i'm fixing a couple of things they didn't line up.I ordered the molding I needed so thanks guys. Joe

Yello95 01-13-2018 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by who928 (Post 1596371711)
I left on not to good terms, like where going to call the cops. probably taking them to court. Lupi's Body Shop in Odessa Tx. . Had the car for three months for a week job. Said they had trouble matching paint. BS . So i'm fixing a couple of things they didn't line up.I ordered the molding I needed so thanks guys. Joe

That sucks...take that low life to court....:flag: