CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   New Vette Owner From Long Island, New York (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/4108162-new-vette-owner-from-long-island-new-york.html)

EvilKat 02-28-2018 06:14 PM

New Vette Owner From Long Island, New York

Hi guys. I finally made the plunge and bought a left over 2017 Z06 2LZ Black with two tone red/black suede interior. 6 miles on vehicle. I traded in my 2016 Challenger Hellcat with 8300 miles on her. Sad, she was built and quick but its been a bucket list vehicle for wife and I to have a Z06. Seemed like time was right to get her.

I will put some modifications into the Z but don't know which direction to go in. With the hellcat it was easy. Lower pulley, pin the crank, cold air kit, ARH Long Tube 2 inch headers and ARH 3 inch exhaust minus cats, new PCM, tune and voila: 801 RWHP.

But What I am looking for is a nasty cam sounding car. Miss my old LS's with big lopey cam's and big heads. But being this is a supercharged motor, is it even feasible to put a cam in? Should I just do pulleys? Kinda stinks it wouldn't be lopey but I don't want to mis-build this vehicle.

What do you guys think? I can't do everything at once. I have three car payments and a mortgage and a kid lol. Maybe start with ARH Long Tubes? I hate to tune the car just for headers when a lot of shops charge for retunes and some charge full price retunes which is crazy in itself.

I used to use J&T Auto on Long Island back in the day and I hear John over there built a premiere vette shop called JTM Motorsports. You guys ever use them?

Any other shops out there local to NY that build c7's?

Vetteman Jack 02-28-2018 09:05 PM

Moved to C7 Tech.

BlueDevilZ51 03-01-2018 07:20 AM

I was at JTM a few months ago for a dyno pull. They were professional and they have a good reputation. They are on Grand Ave in Deer Park. I will probably be back there in a few weeks for a dyno tune.
You could also try Vette Doctors in Amityville.

EvilKat 03-01-2018 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51 (Post 1596694558)
I was at JTM a few months ago for a dyno pull. They were professional and they have a good reputation. They are on Grand Ave in Deer Park. I will probably be back there in a few weeks for a dyno tune.
You could also try Vette Doctors in Amityville.

I believe Vette Doctors moved to Florida. But if they didn't, I wouldn't deal with them anyways. Had major run-in's with Carmen who owned/owns Vette Doctors years prior. He's a real winner that guy.

As for JTM, Yeah John who owns JTM used to build my motors for me when it was J&T Auto in Huntington.

BlueDevilZ51 03-01-2018 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by EvilKat (Post 1596699537)
I believe Vette Doctors moved to Florida. But if they didn't, I wouldn't deal with them anyways. Had major run-in's with Carmen who owned/owns Vette Doctors years prior. He's a real winner that guy.

As for JTM, Yeah John who owns JTM used to build my motors for me when it was J&T Auto in Huntington.

Yes Carmen moved to Florida, but Dennis his old partner is still running Vette Doctors. I've heard Carmen was the tuner and Dennis is more mechanical.
I'm planning on using JTM as well..

bullitt4110 03-01-2018 09:35 PM

You most certainly can put a cam in there and make it lopey!