CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   New C7 suspension upgrade cost? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/4138298-new-c7-suspension-upgrade-cost.html)

DakotaVette 05-13-2018 10:31 AM

New C7 suspension upgrade cost?

As I read about the new suspension upgrade available for the C7 I was pretty excited. Later I talked to a friend in our club and he had also found out about it and had talked to our local Chevy dealership and learned they had the upgrade so he had them do it. The charge was $350. He said he could tell the difference on his 2015 Z51 coupe. My question concerns the cost to do it? It seems that other software, whether called upgrades or fixes, seem to be done as a matter of fact. Maybe There is a difference in this upgrade versus some other one that isn’t called a performance upgrade. Anyone else have this upgrade done and what did they pay to have it done?

Jeff V. 05-13-2018 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by DakotaVette (Post 1597189621)
Maybe There is a difference in this upgrade versus some other one that isn’t called a performance upgrade.

This is exactly it. So much of the confusion comes because software is usually meant to correct a problem. This is a performance "parts" upgrade. Same as adding different wheels or remote start.

robert miller 05-13-2018 12:10 PM

ttt

price all over the table here from reading in here. Plus from reading in here problems also from way to stiff to couldn't tell diff's from going back to the stock ride on the car.

If I wasn't going to a coilover set up on the car I would let it be as is. On the coilover you have the best of it all ride go up & down plus each corner independent from the other corner. Plus you can chg out the springs weights to get out of the car what you truly want out of it. Spring are truly cheap for the coilovers & put diff weight spring on the front & rear.. Robert

DakotaVette 05-13-2018 12:55 PM

Interesting thought on the coil over springs, but I am not sure I would want to get into that type of upgrade. I my part I would like to have the touring mode be a little more forgiving with the bumps. I am fine with the sport mode for what I do. Again, what should the cost be? Are some people paying more than others, could some work out a cheaper price from a dealer? Just a thought.

Bill Dearborn 05-14-2018 08:00 PM

The price is supposed to be $350 and when your dealer service department finally gets their heads screwed on right and talk to the correct people at GM they will charge you $350 total.

The software is not a patch so that is why it isn't free. It is an upgrade to bring the older MRC suspensions up to date with the newer models. You have two ways to get it. Buy the upgrade for $350 or buy a new 2018 Vette for $85,000.

Bill

JJoeG 12-06-2018 06:00 PM

I like option 2

X25 12-08-2018 11:51 PM

I think it comes standard with 2019 models, not 2018.

Avanti 12-10-2018 09:04 PM

The cost simply reflects the appreciation GM has for your patronage! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(bend over)