CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance-48/)
-   -   Headers for 87 L98 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-tech-performance/4142401-headers-for-87-l98.html)

Patrick Spitler 05-22-2018 07:06 PM

Headers for 87 L98

Ok i need new exhaust manifolds for my 87 vette cause the "fix" the last owner did when they deleted out the air system they put a 3/4" gas line cap on and just jammed it on and it blew off today so since that setup is gone. I am looking for new exhaust manifolds that i can use with out the air system i think i found a set but unsure that it will fit. There flowtech ram's horn exhaust manifolds part # 11704-R on jeg's website. Has anyone ever used these on there vettes or seen one with them just trying to get an idea on fitment.

aklim 05-22-2018 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick Spitler (Post 1597254606)
Ok i need new exhaust manifolds for my 87 vette cause the "fix" the last owner did when they deleted out the air system they put a 3/4" gas line cap on and just jammed it on and it blew off today so since that setup is gone. I am looking for new exhaust manifolds that i can use with out the air system i think i found a set but unsure that it will fit. There flowtech ram's horn exhaust manifolds part # 11704-R on jeg's website. Has anyone ever used these on there vettes or seen one with them just trying to get an idea on fitment.

That is just to cap it off so you don't get air or exhaust smoke.

Have you tried looking for exhaust manifolds with your year and model? I'd get a set of exhaust manifolds and just cap it off but do it tight if you want it cheap. I guess the question is how much you want to spend.

Patrick Spitler 05-22-2018 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by aklim (Post 1597254636)
That is just to cap it off so you don't get air or exhaust smoke.

Have you tried looking for exhaust manifolds with your year and model? I'd get a set of exhaust manifolds and just cap it off but do it tight if you want it cheap. I guess the question is how much you want to spend.

I have and those didn't come up i just found them while searching for new ones and most for sell are long tube headers and i don'd feel like redoing the whole system at this time. I can just remove and weld a cap from where is come out of the manifold at but if i take them i will want to replace them so i can just get that system out of there and be done with it.

GREGGPENN 05-22-2018 10:47 PM

Most people looking for an "upgrade" to exhaust MANIFOLDS swap to LT1 manifolds...and cap the air tube outlets. They flow VERY WELL for stock manifolds and are significantly bigger than L98's. Many include exhaust piping as well.

Otherwise, Hedman, OBX, Exotic Muscle, TPIS, or Stainless Works would be the common choices for longtube headers (listed in increasing price).

Patrick Spitler 05-23-2018 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by GREGGPENN (Post 1597256276)
Most people looking for an "upgrade" to exhaust MANIFOLDS swap to LT1 manifolds...and cap the air tube outlets. They flow VERY WELL for stock manifolds and are significantly bigger than L98's. Many include exhaust piping as well.

Otherwise, Hedman, OBX, Exotic Muscle, TPIS, or Stainless Works would be the common choices for longtube headers (listed in increasing price).

Yeah i will look into lt1 headers cause i dont want to go down long tubes atm budget and all i just looking for a non air headers that will work for my L98

aklim 05-23-2018 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Patrick Spitler (Post 1597256742)
Yeah i will look into lt1 headers cause i dont want to go down long tubes atm budget and all i just looking for a non air headers that will work for my L98

LT1 manifolds are cheaper than the headers if you buy used.

vette196 05-23-2018 10:47 AM

I have a set of LT1 manifolds for sale, PM if interersted

aklim 05-23-2018 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by vette196 (Post 1597258420)
I have a set of LT1 manifolds for sale, PM if interersted

OP, do that I would.

GREGGPENN 05-23-2018 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by aklim (Post 1597258859)
OP, do that I would.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...51614b1b27.png