CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C4 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion-34/)
-   -   My 'Vette on Everyday Driver.... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c4-general-discussion/4263130-my-vette-on-everyday-driver.html)

Tom400CFI 04-14-2019 12:02 PM

My 'Vette on Everyday Driver....

Season 4, Episode 3.

It'll cost you $2.99 at this point....$1.99 if you're willing to suffer along with Standard Definition.

It's not a comparison of the three cars, or a "shootout"....it's more like, "Here are three fun, affordable options, and here is how they compare to new cars". It was interesting and fun to watch.

This vid, and the "Corvette Generations" vid (below, post #18) should make any C4 owner proud, IMO. :)

Tom400CFI 04-15-2019 01:31 PM

Anyone watch it?

Things they said that I agree with:
1. It feels like more than 300 hp. It feels faster that "300hp"
2. The steering is a little dead, doesn't provide a lot of feed back. *I* think the steering is good/quick/fun. But I agree it's far from world class w/regard to feel and feedback.
3. You're getting a lot for the money.
4. The seats look super supportive, but really aren't. (they didn't know about the seat belt lock, however)

What I didn't "get":
1. The interior is, shall we say, dated.
2. The goofy comment about the "LT1 plaque"

65Z01 04-15-2019 03:07 PM

No way am I paying to watch an on-line vid about cars, not even Vettes.

drcook 04-15-2019 03:40 PM

I saw it a few weeks ago on the Motor Trend channel. I will keep a watch out and see if they rerun it.

Tom400CFI 04-15-2019 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 65Z01 (Post 1599231591)
No way am I paying to watch an on-line vid about cars, not even Vettes.

I hear you. I wish I could figure out how to pirate it and post just the 'Vette portions on YT, then here. But...I don't know how. Not my thing at all.

I have a Blue Ray of EDD's "Corvette Generations"...my car was in that too. IDK how to rip a blue ray, though. :(

I slapped down the big $2.99...simply b/c it's my car, and I wanted to see it.

Hot Rod Roy 04-15-2019 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI (Post 1599231876)
I slapped down the big $2.99...simply b/c it's my car, and I wanted to see it..

Cool idea, Tom! Please PM your credit card number to me. I'll send you a photo of my car!!! ( I get to see my own car for free! )

:D

confab 04-15-2019 07:49 PM

How did your car get there, exactly?

People in TV Series, movies, with their vettes..

Did they scout you or something?

drcook 04-15-2019 07:58 PM

I looked to see if the show would repeat on the Motor Trend Channel. I can find no mention of the show anywhere. It seems that so far, it was a one and done type of deal.

I do know it aired on Feb 16th, I posted about watching it and a couple other forum members said they saw it also.

Tom400CFI 04-15-2019 11:34 PM

Was that the Cheap cars for under $10k? Or the 'Vette Generations that you saw on MT?

Originally Posted by confab (Post 1599233400)
How did your car get there, exactly?

People in TV Series, movies, with their vettes..

Did they scout you or something?

I went to the Park City Cars and Coffee last summer w/my '92. I poked around looking at the interesting cars there. There was a guy there that I'm buds with, he has a (I may get some of this wrong, but...) black '90 ZR-1, 17k miles, with the Haibeck 510 package....sa-WEET car. We chatted as usual and anyway, after my son and I were done, we headed back to my car. As we approached it, the two guys who do EDD, Todd and Paul, approached me and my son and asked if this was my car. It is, I told them. They introduced themselves and their show, then asked if I'd be willing to drive and have my car featured in their show. TWO shows, actually; the "Cheap sports cars for under $10k" (linked above), and the "Generations" one which is an 1-1/2 hour movie about the history of Corvette, from 1953 - 2017. "Generations" should be available on Amazon too, at some point. I have the Blue Ray, but need to figure out how to rip it so I can share w/you guys.

Anyway, I didn't know what to think about their question. Sure, I'd be fine with having my car featured on their show....but...."you know, there are WAY nicer C4's than mine, right?", I asked them. "Did you see the black ZR-1 that's here today? That thing is WAY nicer than my car!" They said that the ZR-1 isn't the kind of car they're looking for*; they're looking for cars that are driven, which mine IS driven and used for every duty. Anyway, I told them that I was good with it....I'm IN. As it turned out, I had obligations for both the Generations shooting and the Cheap sports cars shooting too, so in both cases, I just gave them the car for a weekend (or slightly more) and I went out of town. It would have been fun to hang with them as they did the shootings, and it would have helped to have been able to point out some things, correct a few of their "facts" and so on...but I think they did a pretty good job of explaining what you get with a C4....and for a high mile driver?...I think my car showed itself pretty well. When I saw it on the big screen (premier of "Generations"), I couldn't believe how low and hunkered down it looked, how stable and sleek it looked. I was surprised at how throaty the exhaust sounded...it just looked great, to me. It was cool to see. Realize; it's not especially "low/hunkered down, sleek or throaty". I just never see it being driven -I'm always the one driving it, so it was neat to see it from the outside. I figured you all might like to see how "our cars" look on TV, too. :)

Anyway, long story, but that's how it happened. I was approached at PC Cars & Coffee.

*Ultimately, they did end up using the ZR-1 for the "Generations" movie -they couldn't leave out the ZR-1 from the C4 gen. That was mixed for me; I'm glad that they showcased a ZR-1...the car definitely deserves recognition in a movie like that....but being a 510 package, it was a bit of an OVER representation of the car/option. They compared it with mine (since they were driven back to back) and of course, that car, with its 140,00 less miles and 210 more hp, was gushed over, in comparison. So...cool...but a little artificially "inflated" IMO.

1993C4LT1 04-15-2019 11:39 PM

I'm gonna pay for it, just because I like Vettes.

Tom400CFI 04-15-2019 11:43 PM

Bingo. ^This guy "Gets it". :thumbs:

drcook 04-16-2019 05:19 AM

Was that the Cheap cars for under $10k? Or the 'Vette Generations that you saw on MT?
It was the Cheap Cars episode.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ay-driver.html

Tom400CFI 04-16-2019 09:33 AM

Copy. I knew that. For some reason, I got it in my head that you had watched the Generations movie. :-/

JBPC4 04-16-2019 11:47 AM

Well, $2.99 gone! That was worth it, very cool video. Thanks for participating with your Vette and for pointing out the episode.

Tom400CFI 04-17-2019 03:33 PM

Right on! Glad it was worth the look. Not bad coverage of the C4, IMO. :thumbs:

JBPC4 04-17-2019 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI (Post 1599244143)
Right on! Glad it was worth the look. Not bad coverage of the C4, IMO. :thumbs:

I thought it was actually a very positive review. It made me feel proud of having a C4, lol!

ghlkal 04-17-2019 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI (Post 1599234690)
I went to the Park City Cars and Coffee last summer w/my '92. I poked around looking at the interesting cars there. ...
Anyway, long story, but that's how it happened. I was approached at PC Cars & Coffee.

Very nice. OK, I'm going to have to watch it now. :thumbs:

Tom400CFI 12-30-2019 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tom400CFI (Post 1599231876)
I wish I could figure out how to pirate it and post just the 'Vette portions on YT, then here. But...I don't know how. Not my thing at all.

I have a Blue Ray of EDD's "Corvette Generations"...my car was in that too. IDK how to rip a blue ray, though.

Figured it out. Here is the C4 - ONLY, segment, from the generations movie. Enjoy, and I hope I don't get thrown in jail for sharing this!....

LTxDave 12-30-2019 07:29 PM

Great video, thanks for posting!

FAUEE 12-30-2019 09:10 PM

Very cool, and I totally agree. These cars, especially the LT cars, offer so much bang for the buck. It is legitimatly mind blowing that these have stayed cheap.