CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   won't start.....new starter & battery (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/4263633-wont-start-new-starter-and-battery.html)

GLORIA CARRIER 04-15-2019 07:11 PM

won't start.....new starter & battery

Hi! I've got an '05, Z51, 6 speed. In the last couple of months, it's had the starter , brakes, battery & tires replaced. Now the engine light is back on and there is a notice that the Left Front Tire is flat (it is not). It makes no noise when trying to start, but all the gauges, etc comes on. The battery gauge shows fully charged. Any ideas as to what I should check before taking back to dealership? Thanks in advance.

jaybee924 04-15-2019 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by GLORIA CARRIER (Post 1599233168)
Hi! I've got an '05, Z51, 6 speed. In the last couple of months, it's had the starter , brakes, battery & tires replaced. Now the engine light is back on and there is a notice that the Left Front Tire is flat (it is not). It makes no noise when trying to start, but all the gauges, etc comes on. The battery gauge shows fully charged. Any ideas as to what I should check before taking back to dealership? Thanks in advance.

How long did it sit after you had the new battery installed?
Also since it's a 6 speed manual when you parked it did you leave it in reverse?

GLORIA CARRIER 04-15-2019 08:36 PM

Hi! It was driven as recently as 2 days ago. Always parked in reverse (learned that one very early on LOL). Driven many times since new battery. Also, battery shows fully charged and no 'clicking' when trying to start. In fact, no noise at all. Everything turns on but the engine. I will add, that that it's been mostly short distances, very few lengthy drives.

jaybee924 04-15-2019 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by GLORIA CARRIER (Post 1599233702)
Hi! It was driven as recently as 2 days ago. Always parked in reverse (learned that one very early on LOL). Driven many times since new battery. Also, battery shows fully charged and no 'clicking' when trying to start. In fact, no noise at all. Everything turns on but the engine. I will add, that that it's been mostly short distances, very few lengthy drives.

You may want to check your all ground connections and the connections to the battery to make sure there is no corrosion. It may be bulletin on that somewhere about bcm on the earlier years of the c6 you'll have to research it. I'm not an expert or mechanic.

saplumr 04-15-2019 09:14 PM

Clutch switch?

GLORIA CARRIER 04-15-2019 11:12 PM

clutch switch????? what's that and where do I find it?

overlap 04-15-2019 11:38 PM

I was going to say clutch switch. When you try to start it, do the gauges rest ? The switch is mounted to the clutch pedal.

GLORIA CARRIER 04-16-2019 02:44 PM

The guages are all alive and well. The odd thing is that it says "left front tire is flat". I've triple checked. Not even a little low (they're new tires, but never hurts to check).

GLORIA CARRIER 04-16-2019 02:46 PM

the guages all turn on, go to their readings and stay there. they aren't bouncing around, if that's what you mean.

GLORIA CARRIER 04-16-2019 05:38 PM

OK. Still won't start. The Clutch switch checked and seems fine. Everything still turning on like normal. Still getting notice that "left front tire is flat" - it's a new tire, checked anyway, full of air. Any other ideas? (thanks in advance, again)

GLORIA CARRIER 04-16-2019 07:56 PM

Hi Ho Hi Ho....it's off to dealership she goes.....will let you know tomorrow.......

PDsVettes 04-17-2019 01:12 AM

Here are some good troubleshooting threads.

Here.

Here. This one is about on 05 6sp.

Here.

GLORIA CARRIER 04-24-2019 04:00 PM

Hello again! First, I want to THANK YOU ALL for your suggestions! We tried all of them to no avail and returned to the dealer. It was the starter! We had just replaced it about 6 weeks ago. Fortunately, the dealership honored their warranty & work. They replaced it with another new one. Let's hope this i the end of these issues. :)

Turbo6TA 04-24-2019 04:10 PM

You mentioned that one of your tires shows no air pressure, but it is not flat when you look at it.

You need to have the TPMS sensor in that tire replaced (dead TPMS sensor battery) ... Get it done at any good tire store.

GLORIA CARRIER 05-02-2019 09:29 PM

The dealership fixed that for me as well. :)

AORoads 05-03-2019 05:05 PM

To add to Turbo's post: you have a possible 15 year old car. TPMS are supposed to last about 10 years. If you replaced just one and the rest are original, well, you know what you'll probably be doing soon or sooner. Good luck.