CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Z06 Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion-170/)
-   -   DSX aux (low side) fuel pump (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-z06-discussion/4274608-dsx-aux-low-side-fuel-pump.html)

Mangum 09-24-2019 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ss2z06 (Post 1600207989)
You do have to still drill a hole in the tank.

Ok. Thanks

jcdives 03-26-2020 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by DSX Tuning (Post 1599409611)
Installation time varies greatly by how good a mechanic you are and how fast you need to work. Some do these in under an hour. The DSX kit is the only kit that is 100% self contained in the driver rear wheel well. You don’t have to run any wiring from the engine bay. We also manufacture our own fittings so everything is 100% purpose made. :)

Hi Dave,
Interested in purchasing your DSX low side aux fuel pump and Flex Fuel kit for my c7 Corvette Z51. I have already installed a LT4 supercharger, Alky meth injection, z06 fuel injectors and z06 high pressure fuel pump.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale so oil and engine cooling is a big issue specially since I track my car. Any way I can I get a deal on both the aux fuel pomp and flex fuel kit?

Pacembellum 04-06-2020 08:06 AM

How reliable are these for road course use? I do 20-25 minute sessions in my car and what failsafes are there if the aux pump fails

John-6717 01-28-2021 08:52 PM

I just installed the DSX Low Side system on my 2017 Z06. Pump definitely works and turns on as soon Fuel Mode hits "High Flow". Now the low pressure looks great, it's the high pressure that's the problem. I'm running E30, just like I was before the added pump and high side would stay pretty close to the desired pressure under full throttle. Now the high side pressure drops to 1,000 psi (even 800 sometimes). AFR (Lambda) is constant at around 0.82 at full throttle even though the high side pressure is really low. I've only done limited runs on the street in 2nd and then in 4th gear. As soon as it goes into "High Flow" mode, the requested low side pressure jumps to 73 psi and the aux pumps turns on. Low side pressure jumps to 86 psi or so, confirming pump operation. At the same time high side pressure begins to drop. After 1.5s in High Flow mode, the high side pressure is right at 1,000psi and low side has dropped to 76 psi. That's as far as I went before letting off the gas (4th gear (auto), 5,000 rpm, 96 mph). Lambda solid at 0.83.

Has anyone seen similar results? High side pressure being that low is pretty scary, but at the same time AFR is still good.

PS - Injector Pulse Width is quite a bit higher than previously. It's up to 10-11 when the aux pump kicks on. Didn't change anything else, so this is a real mystery. Any help would be appreciated.

Commandercorvette 04-16-2021 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by DTOM (Post 1599415699)
At what power level would you recommended upgrading the low side?

From impression when you get to the 630-670 RWHP point YOU SHOULD do it as a safety measure . Anything over that , you're Not only going to need just that But additional fuel system mods ( high side , injectors , cam/ 38% ) etc. just depending on your build .

Harbgrogan 04-16-2021 12:57 PM

I installed the DSX low side pump four months ago. Took me a couple hours and is working great. Dave was really helpful.

BRIANW36 02-14-2022 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by John-6717 (Post 1602916998)
I just installed the DSX Low Side system on my 2017 Z06. Pump definitely works and turns on as soon Fuel Mode hits "High Flow". Now the low pressure looks great, it's the high pressure that's the problem. I'm running E30, just like I was before the added pump and high side would stay pretty close to the desired pressure under full throttle. Now the high side pressure drops to 1,000 psi (even 800 sometimes). AFR (Lambda) is constant at around 0.82 at full throttle even though the high side pressure is really low. I've only done limited runs on the street in 2nd and then in 4th gear. As soon as it goes into "High Flow" mode, the requested low side pressure jumps to 73 psi and the aux pumps turns on. Low side pressure jumps to 86 psi or so, confirming pump operation. At the same time high side pressure begins to drop. After 1.5s in High Flow mode, the high side pressure is right at 1,000psi and low side has dropped to 76 psi. That's as far as I went before letting off the gas (4th gear (auto), 5,000 rpm, 96 mph). Lambda solid at 0.83.

Has anyone seen similar results? High side pressure being that low is pretty scary, but at the same time AFR is still good.

PS - Injector Pulse Width is quite a bit higher than previously. It's up to 10-11 when the aux pump kicks on. Didn't change anything else, so this is a real mystery. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever find out how to correct this?

John-6717 02-15-2022 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by BRIANW36 (Post 1604735514)
Did you ever find out how to correct this?

I did indeed get it worked out. Ended up replacing the high pressure fuel pump. Car only had 9k miles on it, but after doing the low side and studying 30+ 1/4 mile passes, I was able to see the high side pressure dropping continuously over time (hp Tuners). Low side didn't help, so only had high side left. New high pressure pump did the trick. Took a little time switching it out, since it's under the super charger. Time well spent. Works like a champ now!

jabeasley1 05-18-2022 05:37 PM

Low side pressure

What is everyone seeing for the low side pressure on their modified z06?