CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   Headers with Edelbrock E-force? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/4288485-headers-with-edelbrock-e-force.html)

Spaceme1117 06-24-2019 07:23 AM

Headers with Edelbrock E-force?

I have installed an Edelbrock E-force on my 2011 Grand Sport and have been enjoying it now that I have also installed a Monster LTS-1 clutch and it is holding the power.

I am completely stock other than the E-force. Thinking about some upgrades for next spring. Most likely headers, cam (LS9), and a tune.

Because the E-force kit replaces the factory Z06/GS front mounted oil cooler with the LS9 diamond shaped oil cooler that is mounted on the side of the block, I am concerned that certain headers may not fit.

Was thinking I might try a set of Stainless Works headers but not sure if I would have clearance issues.

People with the E-force and headers could you chime in on what brand headers you have and if you have had any clearance or installation problems?

Thanks.

old motorhead 06-24-2019 10:43 AM

Get you a Dewitts radiator with the integral EOC. You have to remove the radiator to change the cam anyway. All you need to make it a bolt in affair is a couple of GM hoses for a Z51 Vette. These hoses run from the oil filter area to the radiator's EOC. You get rid of that oil cooler on the side of your block and you get a better/cooler running radiator. Your engine oil will get up to operating temp quicker too. It's really a great upgrade for a supercharged Grand Sport.

Spaceme1117 06-24-2019 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by old motorhead (Post 1599636267)
Get you a Dewitts radiator with the integral EOC. You have to remove the radiator to change the cam anyway. All you need to make it a bolt in affair is a couple of GM hoses for a Z51 Vette. These hoses run from the oil filter area to the radiator's EOC. You get rid of that oil cooler on the side of your block and you get a better/cooler running radiator. Your engine oil will get up to operating temp quicker too. It's really a great upgrade for a supercharged Grand Sport.

I did upgrade to a DeWitts when I did the E-force install. But I did not get the one with the integral EOC. But at the time, I was not thinking of any potential header clearance problems.

old motorhead 06-24-2019 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 (Post 1599636339)
I did upgrade to a DeWitts when I did the E-force install. But I did not get the one with the integral EOC. But at the time, I was not thinking of any potential header clearance problems.

Well, shoot. If your current oil cooler is mounted like a ZR1, ZR1 headers should fit just fine. Just get the correct mid pipe to connect to your current axle back mufflers.

Spaceme1117 06-26-2019 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by old motorhead (Post 1599636434)
Well, shoot. If your current oil cooler is mounted like a ZR1, ZR1 headers should fit just fine. Just get the correct mid pipe to connect to your current axle back mufflers.

That is what I was thinking also.

I have searched the forum trying to find this information but all the threads I am finding have Posters saying that headers fit fine on their car but they either don't specify if they have a manual car with the dry sump or if they have an auto. The autos E-force kits don't come with an auxillary cooler.