Notices
C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers with Edelbrock E-force?

Old 06-24-2019, 07:23 AM
Spaceme1117
CF Senior Member

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Headers with Edelbrock E-force?

I have installed an Edelbrock E-force on my 2011 Grand Sport and have been enjoying it now that I have also installed a Monster LTS-1 clutch and it is holding the power.

I am completely stock other than the E-force. Thinking about some upgrades for next spring. Most likely headers, cam (LS9), and a tune.

Because the E-force kit replaces the factory Z06/GS front mounted oil cooler with the LS9 diamond shaped oil cooler that is mounted on the side of the block, I am concerned that certain headers may not fit.

Was thinking I might try a set of Stainless Works headers but not sure if I would have clearance issues.

People with the E-force and headers could you chime in on what brand headers you have and if you have had any clearance or installation problems?

Thanks.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:43 AM
old motorhead
CF Senior Member

Received 172 Likes on 155 Posts

Get you a Dewitts radiator with the integral EOC. You have to remove the radiator to change the cam anyway. All you need to make it a bolt in affair is a couple of GM hoses for a Z51 Vette. These hoses run from the oil filter area to the radiator's EOC. You get rid of that oil cooler on the side of your block and you get a better/cooler running radiator. Your engine oil will get up to operating temp quicker too. It's really a great upgrade for a supercharged Grand Sport.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:55 AM
Spaceme1117
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Get you a Dewitts radiator with the integral EOC. You have to remove the radiator to change the cam anyway. All you need to make it a bolt in affair is a couple of GM hoses for a Z51 Vette. These hoses run from the oil filter area to the radiator's EOC. You get rid of that oil cooler on the side of your block and you get a better/cooler running radiator. Your engine oil will get up to operating temp quicker too. It's really a great upgrade for a supercharged Grand Sport.
I did upgrade to a DeWitts when I did the E-force install. But I did not get the one with the integral EOC. But at the time, I was not thinking of any potential header clearance problems.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:13 AM
old motorhead
CF Senior Member

Received 172 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaceme1117 View Post
I did upgrade to a DeWitts when I did the E-force install. But I did not get the one with the integral EOC. But at the time, I was not thinking of any potential header clearance problems.
Well, shoot. If your current oil cooler is mounted like a ZR1, ZR1 headers should fit just fine. Just get the correct mid pipe to connect to your current axle back mufflers.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:11 AM
Spaceme1117
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Well, shoot. If your current oil cooler is mounted like a ZR1, ZR1 headers should fit just fine. Just get the correct mid pipe to connect to your current axle back mufflers.
That is what I was thinking also.

I have searched the forum trying to find this information but all the threads I am finding have Posters saying that headers fit fine on their car but they either don't specify if they have a manual car with the dry sump or if they have an auto. The autos E-force kits don't come with an auxillary cooler.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headers with Edelbrock E-force?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: