CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C8 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-tech-performance-177/)
-   -   Soler TB (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c8-tech-performance/4827385-soler-tb.html)

thale 04-29-2024 11:12 AM

Soler TB

Hi everyone, i will start by thanking all that respond to this thread. I went to the Bash in BG and was talking about the Soler TB , had mixed reactions some said it was not a proven product yet. This will be installed on a ZO6 any and all input is appreciated.......Thank you

Kracka 04-29-2024 11:14 AM

Not proven? It was proven a decade+ ago on the GM GenV V8 platform... I ran multiple variations on my C7 and have one on my C8 as well.
He sells a specific paired set for the C8 Z06: https://www.solerengineering.com/gen...ors/se3793-040

Wadejesu 04-29-2024 01:04 PM

What Kracka said

08velocity 04-29-2024 03:09 PM

What the 2 above said !!!

PhoenixM3 05-02-2024 04:45 PM

+1.

ArizonaZ06 05-04-2024 03:37 AM

Yes for sure Kracka's advice.

The only thing I would add to the Soler TB would be to also add the Solar Throttle Controller. I did both at the same time, these two items really match up well together.

The Throttle is not lively whatsoever on the C8. Not sure if it's the same on the Z. The Soler TC is very popular with the SR owners.

AEST BOSS 05-04-2024 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaZ06 (Post 1607776842)
Yes for sure Kracka's advice.

The only thing I would add to the Soler TB would be to also add the Solar Throttle Controller. I did both at the same time, these two items really match up well together.

The Throttle is not lively whatsoever on the C8. Not sure if it's the same on the Z. The Soler TC is very popular with the SR owners.

Did it throw any codes from the TB swap?

Kracka 05-04-2024 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by AEST BOSS (Post 1607778042)

No, you will not experience a CEL from the ported throttle body or throttle controller. My ported throttle body and ported intake manifold have been installed since 2021 without a single hiccup.

jpmotorsport 05-06-2024 12:40 AM

I kept getting abnormal response TPS sensor CELs when running the Soler Ported TB (91 mm eff) on my 2022 C8 3LT.
It would come on here and there , then go off but remain constantly set whenever I scanned the OBD of the car.
Yes I would do the so-called 'relearn' procedure multiple times and pull the battery, code would still set (however without illuminating the CEL itself so I could live with it)

I ran the PTB for around a year but recently got a new CEL for 'clutch 1 pressure' (dreaded DCT code) so I decided to remove it so as to take out one way GM could deny service.
Once I pulled off the PTB and went back to stock the CEL for both the DCT AND the TPS sensor code went away even when scanning.
Surprisingly the car actually drives a little better IMO with the stock TB , smoother and less jerky on the partial light throttle compared to the 91 mm ported unit. I'm gonna sell the Soler and just stick to the stock one at this point.

As they say , YMMV ... but I know since were all desperate for SOME return on these useless mods (well useless on a relatively stock C8 stingray :rofl:) someone will argue with me , however I'm of the school of "if it makes you feel better running it enjoy" ;)

ArizonaZ06 05-06-2024 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by AEST BOSS (Post 1607778042)

Never had a CEL with the TB swap. Mike from Soler help me based upon my current ported Gwatney manifold. TB recommendation was the LT5/ZR1 and he suggested including at the time the wired 2001 Soler Throttle Controller for a mere $100. Have this TC still today and is one of my best mods.

About 1 year later sold my Hydro painted engine cover and the Gwatney for the Lingelfelter pTR manifold. The LT5/ZR1 TB matches the pTR. My recent E85 tune with mods brought out the C8 RHP.

Fore58 05-06-2024 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaZ06 (Post 1607781981)
Never had a CEL with the TB swap. Mike from Soler help me based upon my current ported Gwatney manifold. TB recommendation was the LT5/ZR1 and he suggested including at the time the wired 2001 Soler Throttle Controller for a mere $100. Have this TC still today and is one of my best mods.

About 1 year later sold my Hydro painted engine cover and the Gwatney for the Lingelfelter pTR manifold. The LT5/ZR1 TB matches the pTR. My recent E85 tune with mods brought out the C8 RHP.

Hello sir, if you don't mine what was the estimated cost for the E85 tune? Thanks

Zse4%rdxCft6 05-06-2024 08:20 AM

Just got this quote last week in south FLA. About $3,250 to unlock the ECU, tune it, and then add the E85 turning.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7cc578ad56.jpg

Fore58 05-06-2024 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Zse4%rdxCft6 (Post 1607782286)
Just got this quote last week in south FLA. About $3,250 to unlock the ECU, tune it, and then add the E85 turning.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...7cc578ad56.jpg

So around $4500 including the flex fuel E85 correct? Still something to consider. I am just waiting for someone to run this particular application at the drag strip.

NoMatter 05-06-2024 11:35 PM

I have a Lingenfelter 95mm w/ PTE intake. I've had the TPS light many times. Only at the track. I'm sure its related to the multiple inputs over a span and the design. It was every other session oddly. LF told me they had ran into this with several cars they tracked also. They told me to flip the throttle body 180. I did and that solved that for a year.. Not sure the reasoning. But it started back after a heads cam build. But under the knife again and will be looking into a lot. Also not sure if the angle of the PTR intake neck is a possible consideration.

Dan Hintz 05-09-2024 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by NoMatter (Post 1607785106)
They told me to flip the throttle body 180. I did and that solved that for a year. Also not sure if the angle of the PTR intake neck is a possible consideration.

I haven't installed my pTR and TB yet (just the Eventuri intake), but I'll be watching intently for a CEL. Flipping the TB 180 alters the airflow (as would the angle of the silicone coupler, but the TB would tend to alter it more before it hit the manifold). Add in the shape of the manifold, the angle of the velocity stacks, etc., and you have a real bitch of an airflow simulation with increasing variables. Good to know flipping the TB is a solution, but it also seems like you're losing out on some of the benefit of the laminar airflow... you're counting on the velocity stacks to make up what you've lost at the TB.

NoMatter 05-09-2024 04:22 PM

^
We’re going to be looking into it a little during tuning. The video I saw of Lingenfelter’s new 427 looked to have a Nick Williams TB. It was solid black and billet. It was also turned 180° from OEM. What you’re saying seems just right. Who knows what other variables there may be.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...aad129d33.jpeg

C7Me 05-10-2024 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by jpmotorsport (Post 1607781932)
I kept getting abnormal response TPS sensor CELs when running the Soler Ported TB (91 mm eff) on my 2022 C8 3LT.
It would come on here and there , then go off but remain constantly set whenever I scanned the OBD of the car.
Yes I would do the so-called 'relearn' procedure multiple times and pull the battery, code would still set (however without illuminating the CEL itself so I could live with it)

I ran the PTB for around a year but recently got a new CEL for 'clutch 1 pressure' (dreaded DCT code) so I decided to remove it so as to take out one way GM could deny service.
Once I pulled off the PTB and went back to stock the CEL for both the DCT AND the TPS sensor code went away even when scanning.
Surprisingly the car actually drives a little better IMO with the stock TB , smoother and less jerky on the partial light throttle compared to the 91 mm ported unit. I'm gonna sell the Soler and just stick to the stock one at this point.

As they say , YMMV ... but I know since were all desperate for SOME return on these useless mods (well useless on a relatively stock C8 stingray :rofl:) someone will argue with me , however I'm of the school of "if it makes you feel better running it enjoy" ;)

Hmm, that's odd. It has to be something else. I've had my Soler PTB on for about a month or so with no CEL or TPS issues. Same with my C7 and I ran the PTB for over 3 years.

Fore58 05-10-2024 05:45 PM

That sounds like an install issue. You could have sent the TB back to be replaced by Soler Performance.......wonderful company. So why are you selling when you are admitting there was an issue, sir?