CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-parts-for-sale-wanted-53/)
-   -   GP VNM Backbone Chassis Stiffener (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-parts-for-sale-wanted/873554-gp-vnm-backbone-chassis-stiffener.html)

30yeardream 07-30-2004 02:55 PM

GP VNM Backbone Chassis Stiffener

I have been a supporting vendor (Formerly Vettes"N"More) since July 03 and am bringing you the VNM "Backbone Chassis Stiffener Plate" will lower the price to see how much interest it brings. The shipped price of $280

This product replaces the GM original equipment part to improve drivability of the car by marrying the Body to the chassis providing improved rigidity to the car. The vehicles handling is improved up to 30% over factory specs. assisting the suspension in overall performance. Per popular demand Hi-Temp Ceramic Thermal barrier coatings have been added to this product.

Improved shock performance, braking, tire tracking, sway bar and traction controls are among noted improvements. Cornering and steering control is tighter. Opposing nose dive during turns noticably reduced or eliminated. On the Coupe wind noises and any noticable squeeks were reduced to almost non noise levels.

Reverse engineered from the GM Original, the plate is made of 1/8" 304 Stainless Steel coated with a polished high temp thermal barrier ceramic coating for car interior heat protection significantly decreasing the temperature. The "Backbone was Aerospace tested to Nasa Specifications for "Factors of Safety" with a FoS of 21.959 with the stock plate at the 4.0 region utilising Cosmos software for FoS. Overall weight of the plate is 13 lbs vs the stock plate weight of 6 lbs. The stainless steel is torsionally stronger than any other material available and will withstand stress pressures of 1500 psi without failure.
Vette.

http://www.vettesnmore.com/images/Ba...ck_of_car1.jpg

CAPN17 07-30-2004 04:22 PM

:lurk:

30yeardream 07-30-2004 05:47 PM

C5/Z06 The BackBone

[QUOTE=30yeardream]I will lower the price to see how much interest it brings. Need 10 orders to get the shipped price of $280

This product replaces the GM original equipment part to improve drivability of the car by marrying the Body to the chassis providing improved rigidity to the car. The vehicles handling is improved up to 30% over factory specs. assisting the suspension in overall performance. Per popular demand Hi-Temp Ceramic Thermal barrier coatings have been added to this product.

Improved shock performance, braking, tire tracking, sway bar and traction controls are among noted improvements. Cornering and steering control is tighter. Opposing nose dive during turns noticably reduced or eliminated. On the Coupe wind noises and any noticable squeeks were reduced to almost non noise levels.

Reverse engineered from the GM Original, the plate is made of 1/8" 304 Stainless Steel coated with a polished high temp thermal barrier ceramic coating for car interior heat protection significantly decreasing the temperature. The "Backbone was Aerospace tested to Nasa Specifications for "Factors of Safety" with a FoS of 21.959 with the stock plate at the 4.0 region utilising Cosmos software for FoS. Overall weight of the plate is 13 lbs vs the stock plate weight of 6 lbs. The stainless steel is torsionally stronger than any other material available and will withstand stress pressures of 1500 psi without failure.

Wow.... Is there no interest at all???

30yeardream 07-30-2004 08:05 PM

ttt

blackbelt 07-31-2004 11:04 AM

I am very interested just need a week or two to check my funds and get everything in order.

30yeardream 07-31-2004 03:53 PM

GP VNM Backbpne

Originally Posted by blackbelt
I am very interested just need a week or two to check my funds and get everything in order.

I have openings Next Saturday for install Call me (909)626-9555

CAPN17 07-31-2004 04:35 PM

When are you doing your next Midwest install? He asked hopefully.

CAPN17 07-31-2004 09:07 PM

Ttt

30yeardream 07-31-2004 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by CAPN17
When are you doing your next Midwest install? He asked hopefully.

You have sent the First Class Ticket Right????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :yesnod:

CAPN17 07-31-2004 11:30 PM

Sure, the ticket is in the male

99C5Vert 08-01-2004 02:15 AM

I've been thinking about making this for myself. I think it's a worthwhile mod, but where does this claim come from?

The vehicles handling is improved up to 30% over factory specs

30yeardream 08-01-2004 02:23 AM

C5/Z06 Backbone

Originally Posted by 99C5Vert
I've been thinking about making this for myself. I think it's a worthwhile mod, but where does this claim come from?

It is the opinions of several mechanics and owners who have made test runs in vehicles with this installed ranging from 15% to 30% estimates. A competitor has had his plate independantly assessed at 25%. Observations listing improvements noted are the same owners and mechanics observations including my own on my lowered Coupe. The rest of the data on the thread is scientifically tested and certified.

kumar75150 08-01-2004 02:47 AM

Hmmm I wish I knew someone that had one locally.

99C5Vert 08-01-2004 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by 30yeardream
It is the opinions of several mechanics and owners who have made test runs in vehicles with this installed ranging from 15% to 30% estimates. A competitor has had his plate independantly assessed at 25%. Observations listing improvements noted are the same owners and mechanics observations including my own on my lowered Coupe. The rest of the data on the thread is scientifically tested and certified.

I can believe the rest of the data. I wish someone had actual chassis improvement numbers.

The post that has convinced me this is a worthwhile mod was in another thread (I don't care who makes the plate or what material - general idea is the same) with someone stating that after installing a modified plate, they experienced no more flex (squeeks) in the dash while going sideways up a steep driveway. To me that's proof there is a measurable stiffness increase, just wished to know what it was.

Thanks

30yeardream 08-01-2004 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by 99C5Vert
I can believe the rest of the data. I wish someone had actual chassis improvement numbers.

The post that has convinced me this is a worthwhile mod was in another thread (I don't care who makes the plate or what material - general idea is the same) with someone stating that after installing a modified plate, they experienced no more flex (squeeks) in the dash while going sideways up a steep driveway. To me that's proof there is a measurable stiffness increase, just wished to know what it was.

Thanks

After installing the plate on my coupe the wheels actually tracked better and the nusience bumps and side to side pull from hitting them reduce drastically. The creaks and squeeks stoppped and even the wind noise has quieted down significantly. Cornering is stiffer with the opposing nosedive during turns dissappearing. The shocks and suspension are working stiffer as well when you follow a car with the plate it actuall has independant suspension and you see it. As with anything else in this world proof is in the putting. We can say all this but ultimately you need to drive a car and see. The drivability has improved so drastically that it is hard to comprehend why GM did not fix it on the C-5 earlier instead of waiting to do it with the C-6. This mod is on the C-5R and has been for quite a while. It also is now a standard fix on the C-6 Good Luck. Mark

madeouttaglass 08-01-2004 11:43 AM

I usually hate it when people that never seen to buy anything ask for pics on every for sale item, but I'm asking this time. Thanks, Tom

30yeardream 08-02-2004 03:41 AM

ttt

30yeardream 08-02-2004 05:47 PM

tttttttt

CJS 08-02-2004 06:00 PM

If you stamped some ribs in the sheet metal, wouldn't that make it even stronger? Great idea anyway! :cheers:

30yeardream 08-02-2004 06:11 PM

C5/Z06 The BackBone

Originally Posted by CJS
If you stamped some ribs in the sheet metal, wouldn't that make it even stronger? Great idea anyway! :cheers:

This plate is 1/8th inch thick. ribs would be stronger but the thickness provides more than sufficient strength for the plate. If I were to use thinner materials yes it would work as well, but it would add extra manhours to the labor costs and the pricing would not be cost effective.