Notices
C5 Parts for Sale/Wanted C5 Corvette Performance Parts, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, OEM, Aftermarket

GP VNM Backbone Chassis Stiffener

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 02:55 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP VNM Backbone Chassis Stiffener

I have been a supporting vendor (Formerly Vettes"N"More) since July 03 and am bringing you the VNM "Backbone Chassis Stiffener Plate" will lower the price to see how much interest it brings. The shipped price of $280

This product replaces the GM original equipment part to improve drivability of the car by marrying the Body to the chassis providing improved rigidity to the car. The vehicles handling is improved up to 30% over factory specs. assisting the suspension in overall performance. Per popular demand Hi-Temp Ceramic Thermal barrier coatings have been added to this product.

Improved shock performance, braking, tire tracking, sway bar and traction controls are among noted improvements. Cornering and steering control is tighter. Opposing nose dive during turns noticably reduced or eliminated. On the Coupe wind noises and any noticable squeeks were reduced to almost non noise levels.

Reverse engineered from the GM Original, the plate is made of 1/8" 304 Stainless Steel coated with a polished high temp thermal barrier ceramic coating for car interior heat protection significantly decreasing the temperature. The "Backbone was Aerospace tested to Nasa Specifications for "Factors of Safety" with a FoS of 21.959 with the stock plate at the 4.0 region utilising Cosmos software for FoS. Overall weight of the plate is 13 lbs vs the stock plate weight of 6 lbs. The stainless steel is torsionally stronger than any other material available and will withstand stress pressures of 1500 psi without failure.
Vette.

Last edited by 30yeardream; 08-05-2004 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:22 PM
CAPN17
Safety Car

Old 07-30-2004, 05:47 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

Default C5/Z06 The BackBone

[QUOTE=30yeardream]I will lower the price to see how much interest it brings. Need 10 orders to get the shipped price of $280

This product replaces the GM original equipment part to improve drivability of the car by marrying the Body to the chassis providing improved rigidity to the car. The vehicles handling is improved up to 30% over factory specs. assisting the suspension in overall performance. Per popular demand Hi-Temp Ceramic Thermal barrier coatings have been added to this product.

Improved shock performance, braking, tire tracking, sway bar and traction controls are among noted improvements. Cornering and steering control is tighter. Opposing nose dive during turns noticably reduced or eliminated. On the Coupe wind noises and any noticable squeeks were reduced to almost non noise levels.

Reverse engineered from the GM Original, the plate is made of 1/8" 304 Stainless Steel coated with a polished high temp thermal barrier ceramic coating for car interior heat protection significantly decreasing the temperature. The "Backbone was Aerospace tested to Nasa Specifications for "Factors of Safety" with a FoS of 21.959 with the stock plate at the 4.0 region utilising Cosmos software for FoS. Overall weight of the plate is 13 lbs vs the stock plate weight of 6 lbs. The stainless steel is torsionally stronger than any other material available and will withstand stress pressures of 1500 psi without failure.

Wow.... Is there no interest at all???
Old 07-30-2004, 08:05 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

ttt
Old 07-31-2004, 11:04 AM
blackbelt
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am very interested just need a week or two to check my funds and get everything in order.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:53 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

Default GP VNM Backbpne

Originally Posted by blackbelt
I am very interested just need a week or two to check my funds and get everything in order.
I have openings Next Saturday for install Call me (909)626-9555
Old 07-31-2004, 04:35 PM
CAPN17
Safety Car

When are you doing your next Midwest install? He asked hopefully.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:07 PM
CAPN17
Safety Car

Ttt
Old 07-31-2004, 10:06 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

Originally Posted by CAPN17
When are you doing your next Midwest install? He asked hopefully.
You have sent the First Class Ticket Right?????
Old 07-31-2004, 11:30 PM
CAPN17
Safety Car

Sure, the ticket is in the male
Old 08-01-2004, 02:15 AM
99C5Vert
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'11

I've been thinking about making this for myself. I think it's a worthwhile mod, but where does this claim come from?

The vehicles handling is improved up to 30% over factory specs
Old 08-01-2004, 02:23 AM
30yeardream
Drifting

Default C5/Z06 Backbone

Originally Posted by 99C5Vert
I've been thinking about making this for myself. I think it's a worthwhile mod, but where does this claim come from?
It is the opinions of several mechanics and owners who have made test runs in vehicles with this installed ranging from 15% to 30% estimates. A competitor has had his plate independantly assessed at 25%. Observations listing improvements noted are the same owners and mechanics observations including my own on my lowered Coupe. The rest of the data on the thread is scientifically tested and certified.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:47 AM
kumar75150
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 13 Posts

Hmmm I wish I knew someone that had one locally.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:24 AM
99C5Vert
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'11

Originally Posted by 30yeardream
It is the opinions of several mechanics and owners who have made test runs in vehicles with this installed ranging from 15% to 30% estimates. A competitor has had his plate independantly assessed at 25%. Observations listing improvements noted are the same owners and mechanics observations including my own on my lowered Coupe. The rest of the data on the thread is scientifically tested and certified.
I can believe the rest of the data. I wish someone had actual chassis improvement numbers.

The post that has convinced me this is a worthwhile mod was in another thread (I don't care who makes the plate or what material - general idea is the same) with someone stating that after installing a modified plate, they experienced no more flex (squeeks) in the dash while going sideways up a steep driveway. To me that's proof there is a measurable stiffness increase, just wished to know what it was.

Thanks
Old 08-01-2004, 07:18 AM
30yeardream
Drifting

Originally Posted by 99C5Vert
I can believe the rest of the data. I wish someone had actual chassis improvement numbers.

The post that has convinced me this is a worthwhile mod was in another thread (I don't care who makes the plate or what material - general idea is the same) with someone stating that after installing a modified plate, they experienced no more flex (squeeks) in the dash while going sideways up a steep driveway. To me that's proof there is a measurable stiffness increase, just wished to know what it was.

Thanks
After installing the plate on my coupe the wheels actually tracked better and the nusience bumps and side to side pull from hitting them reduce drastically. The creaks and squeeks stoppped and even the wind noise has quieted down significantly. Cornering is stiffer with the opposing nosedive during turns dissappearing. The shocks and suspension are working stiffer as well when you follow a car with the plate it actuall has independant suspension and you see it. As with anything else in this world proof is in the putting. We can say all this but ultimately you need to drive a car and see. The drivability has improved so drastically that it is hard to comprehend why GM did not fix it on the C-5 earlier instead of waiting to do it with the C-6. This mod is on the C-5R and has been for quite a while. It also is now a standard fix on the C-6 Good Luck. Mark
Old 08-01-2004, 11:43 AM
madeouttaglass
Le Mans Master

Location: AKA Harvey Mushman-I know just enough to be dangerous "Those who sacrifice liberty for safety deserve neither"- B. Franklin
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran

I usually hate it when people that never seen to buy anything ask for pics on every for sale item, but I'm asking this time. Thanks, Tom
Old 08-02-2004, 03:41 AM
30yeardream
Drifting

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To GP VNM Backbone Chassis Stiffener

Old 08-02-2004, 05:47 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

tttttttt
Old 08-02-2004, 06:00 PM
CJS
Melting Slicks

If you stamped some ribs in the sheet metal, wouldn't that make it even stronger? Great idea anyway!
Old 08-02-2004, 06:11 PM
30yeardream
Drifting

Default C5/Z06 The BackBone

Originally Posted by CJS
If you stamped some ribs in the sheet metal, wouldn't that make it even stronger? Great idea anyway!
This plate is 1/8th inch thick. ribs would be stronger but the thickness provides more than sufficient strength for the plate. If I were to use thinner materials yes it would work as well, but it would add extra manhours to the labor costs and the pricing would not be cost effective.

Quick Reply: GP VNM Backbone Chassis Stiffener