Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GS with ZR1 wheels

Old 06-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Vette Ski
CF Senior Member

Received 136 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonegun View Post

These are reproductions, VERY happy with them so far. Lots of looks and comments too.
They look like a Texas star !
Rich
Old 06-16-2019, 04:08 PM
Glennm27
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 240 Likes on 104 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by Lonegun View Post
BTW the pic of the Yellow beauty earlier in this post was the one that sold me! Not a yellow fan but those wheels on that car, oh man!
The Yellow Grand Sport was mine. I traded it in April for the Red Z06. Those are the same exact set of wheels and tires on both cars.
Iím glad you liked them enough to get yourself a set. Your car looks great. 👍
Old 06-18-2019, 04:20 PM
Bob-G
CF Senior Member

Received 90 Likes on 56 Posts

These wheels look great. Now, if someone could answer the question as to if they are stronger than the GS and Z06 wheels...
Old 06-18-2019, 04:24 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob-G View Post
These wheels look great. Now, if someone could answer the question as to if they are stronger than the GS and Z06 wheels...
No... because they're still crappy cast wheels. The issue is the leverage imparted on the inner barrel, not the spokes/design. Plus, it appears most posters are getting reproductions which are probably even worse than OEM, but who knows these days. The OEM ZR1 fronts are 1/2 wider than the GS/Z06 fronts.
Old Yesterday, 10:04 AM
Zjoe6
CF Senior Member

Received 680 Likes on 508 Posts

I donít remember details on how the ZR1 rims are made but I believe the GS and Z06 are rotary flow formed or something like that. Which means rotary forged barrel I think. I always thought they were just cast too but somebody quoted Tadge in this forum stating similar to what I paraphrased above. If you wouldnít value this info with so much as a wooden nickel I would not be offended.

Last edited by Zjoe6; Yesterday at 10:07 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:07 AM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Received 1,919 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by Zjoe6 View Post
I donít remember details on how the ZR1 rims are made but I believe the GS and Z06 are rotary flow formed or something like that. Which means rotary forged barrel I think.
It's still a cast wheel... it's just a fancy way to get the word "forged" into the name to make people think something good. Lots of aftermarket wheels are "rotary forged" as well. Not all are bad though... GM has a bad supplier or the wheel barrel is not designed properly to handle the shock loads transmitted to the wheel by a low profile runflat tire.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 AM
Zjoe6
CF Senior Member

Received 680 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
It's still a cast wheel... it's just a fancy way to get the word "forged" into the name to make people think something good. Lots of aftermarket wheels are "rotary forged" as well. Not all are bad though... GM has a bad supplier or the wheel barrel is not designed properly to handle the shock loads transmitted to the wheel by a low profile runflat tire.
Agree.
Old Yesterday, 11:54 AM
Vette Ski
CF Senior Member

Received 136 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Zjoe6 View Post
Agree.
So do the hundreds ( or more ) of folks that had to shell out thousands to replace these factory defects, what a shame !! Shame on you G.M This is my first GM car since I had my 67 Chevelle, and the LAST !!!!! Now I know why I avoided them for so long!
Rich

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GS with ZR1 wheels

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: