Notices
Performance Results Dyno sheets, Timeslips, Track Records, Who has the Fastest C5 Corvette?

PRC As Cast 225's with TSP 228/232 LS1 Results

Old 06-21-2019, 03:16 PM
dskinsler83
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well it turns out that TSP messed up my order and did NOT include the hollow valve stems I wanted and they have shipped. Oh well guess that is why it was cheaper that I was expecting.

What length push rods did you end up using and did I miss what rocker arms you had?
Old 06-21-2019, 03:25 PM
dskinsler83
CF Senior Member

Also I may be just not smart but what happens to the PCV when switching to the LS6 valley pan? Need a new type of hose and connections or ???
Old 06-24-2019, 09:11 AM
niterydr
CF Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

7.450" pushrods and my preloads ended up .060-.080" on LS7 lifters.

Ls6 style PCV is different than the LS1 style. I didn't want to grind on my block just yet to accomodate the switch so I am running the LS1 style PCV system with a catch can.

I am running the CHE style bushings with stock rockers, here is a picture for your enjoyment.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:14 AM
niterydr
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dskinsler83 View Post
So I just ordered the PRC 225 heads w/ the dual .660 springs, hollow stem intake and ss exhaust valves, and I am having them milled for 60cc chambers to get the 11:1 compression ratio. Along w/ the TSP 228R cam, ls7 lifters, upgraded trunnion rockers, long tubes, catless 3" x-pipe, BB Fusion axle back, Dorman LS2, LS2 90mm TB, 85mm MAF housing, Melling HP oil pump, Vararam V2, 48lb injectors, and 10% under drive Power Bond Balancer, we shall see what she does with just having a small difference in LT size (mine are 1 3/4) and the 228/228 as apposed to the 228/232 for yours and the difference in intakes.

Also what length PRs did you end up with?
Nice.

It comes down to assembly, take your time. Power should be similar, just depends upon dyno conditions, health of the motor, etc. The thing about 11.0 compression and a 228 duration intake came is your cranking compression and dynamic compression ratio get up there so you may end up being octane limited. I would also recommend colder plugs, such as a TR6. I ran TR55's (forgot I had them in there!) on the dyno and couldn't run more than 24 degrees of timing on the dyno without knock retard. Also the plugs, when I pulled them, were toast. WAY to hot of a plug for that setup.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:15 AM
dskinsler83
CF Senior Member

Good to know on the plugs! I do fortunately have a couple of gas stations near the house that have 93 octane. I also keep a couple of bottles of octane boost with me as well as techron for every other fill up. So if I use the LS6 valley cover then I dont need the catch can??
Old 06-24-2019, 03:26 PM
niterydr
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by dskinsler83 View Post
Good to know on the plugs! I do fortunately have a couple of gas stations near the house that have 93 octane. I also keep a couple of bottles of octane boost with me as well as techron for every other fill up. So if I use the LS6 valley cover then I dont need the catch can??
Many still run a catch can with the improved LS6 valley cover setup.
Old 06-24-2019, 06:48 PM
dskinsler83
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
Many still run a catch can with the improved LS6 valley cover setup.

Good my can just showed up today along with a truck load of other parts!

So OP the clutch you chose (the LUK) is going to hold the power you have now or should I go LS7? I am going to be pulling out my motor to clean up the engine bay and such so I might as well change it while I am at it.....of course that mentality is what has caused me going from a water pump replacement to a full H/C/I build with a steering rack rebuild and suspension and front end and new exhaust!!! My wife is about to kill me now I believe lol
Old Yesterday, 11:28 AM
niterydr
CF Senior Member

I am the OP. I'm running a McLeod RST Twin Disc. Ls7 *should* hold these power levels.
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM
93Polo
CF Senior Member

Received 154 Likes on 144 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
I am the OP. I'm running a McLeod RST Twin Disc. Ls7 *should* hold these power levels.
All depends on how much you abuse it.
The following users liked this post:
niterydr (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM
dskinsler83
CF Senior Member

Yeah I got confused between two threads whoops

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PRC As Cast 225's with TSP 228/232 LS1 Results

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: