Sponsored by:

Disappointed with special Hood Liner

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 06:52 AM
caryguy
1st Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Disappointed with special Hood Liner

I recently took delivery of my 2017 Corvette convertible. It is just the stingray, not the Grand Sport or Z06. I ordered the car with the special hood liner with the Corvette flags, a $275 option. The standard under the hood liner is black with black Corvette flags embedded in it. I was disappointed with what I got as it looks like the took a piece of black felt and stenciled the flags on it. It looks cheap and certainly not worth $275. If I had it to do over again I would have taken the original hood liner and had someone air brush white and red colors in the Corvette flags and it would have looked much nicer for probably half the price.
The following 2 users liked this post by caryguy:
bringe (04-23-2017), Gonzo (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 08:36 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,929 Likes on 4,810 Posts

I guess you can throw some more money at it and still have it airbrushed. I have not seen the one from the factory so I can not comment on it but if you feel like it post a picture of it.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:32 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You should've gotten both liners with your car. The embossed one is a pretty easy diy paint job if you like doing that stuff. I did mine, it took a few days and some paint from Michaels.

I did that over a year ago, it still is holding up great.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rooster OG:
beaversstonehaven (04-23-2017), Maxie2U (04-23-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 11:48 AM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by caryguy
I recently took delivery of my 2017 Corvette convertible. It is just the stingray, not the Grand Sport or Z06. I ordered the car with the special hood liner with the Corvette flags, a $275 option. The standard under the hood liner is black with black Corvette flags embedded in it. I was disappointed with what I got as it looks like the took a piece of black felt and stenciled the flags on it. It looks cheap and certainly not worth $275. If I had it to do over again I would have taken the original hood liner and had someone air brush white and red colors in the Corvette flags and it would have looked much nicer for probably half the price.
I agree. I was disappointed also. Not much there.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:54 AM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,171 Likes on 2,250 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
You should've gotten both liners with your car. The embossed one is a pretty easy diy paint job if you like doing that stuff. I did mine, it took a few days and some paint from Michaels.

I did that over a year ago, it still is holding up great.
Beautiful job

If I have an ounce of artistic ability I'd try it but unfortunately I even fail at drawing by numbers
Old 04-23-2017, 12:04 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I think many of the LPO items are over priced. Sets the wrong expectation, I'm guessing lots of dealer margin in those items. They order up the car with them and it gives them more room to negotiate price. Like the fully rendered car covers for $1200.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (04-23-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Disappointed with special Hood Liner

Quick Reply: Disappointed with special Hood Liner