C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 05:55 PM
silberma
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sport exhaust system

I am in the process of ordering a 2019 Corvette. My question concerns the sport exhaust.
1. Do you notice an appreciable sound level change with and without the system on?
2. What mode do you usually drive your car in?
3. When do you switch modes
4. If you had to do it again would you order this option?
Old 02-24-2018, 10:26 PM
Power Hawk
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

I'm guessing you mean the NPP exhaust. I have it on my 2016 Corvette and really like it. I do notice an appreciable sound level change. I keep it in track mode all the time. I would order it again. Hopefully you have test driven a Corvette. If not, please do that. Test drive one with the switchable exhaust and listen for yourself. I think you will like it.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:21 AM
IM3CPO
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by silberma
I am in the process of ordering a 2019 Corvette. My question concerns the sport exhaust.
1. Do you notice an appreciable sound level change with and without the system on?
1: Yes... Sound level difference is very noticeable, I would have someone at the dealership demonstrate it for you at the very least though.
2: I leave mine open all the time.
3: By default, the modes switch when you change the mode the car is in (ECO, Sport, Track, etc.). You can hard set the exhaust setting to a specific mode though and if you do this, is will remain constant all the time. As I said earlier, I leave mine in Track all the time, but I do like having the capability to change the volume.
4: Yes, I would get it again. I think its a good feature even if I dont use it basically ever.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:39 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by IM3CPO
1: Yes... Sound level difference is very noticeable, I would have someone at the dealership demonstrate it for you at the very least though.
2: I leave mine open all the time.
3: By default, the modes switch when you change the mode the car is in (ECO, Sport, Track, etc.). You can hard set the exhaust setting to a specific mode though and if you do this, is will remain constant all the time. As I said earlier, I leave mine in Track all the time, but I do like having the capability to change the volume.
4: Yes, I would get it again. I think its a good feature even if I dont use it basically ever.
^^^^^^ what he is telling you here. Robert
Old 02-28-2018, 12:52 AM
JGarland
Le Mans Master

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by silberma
1. Yes. Very noticable
2. Sport
3. Never switch modes
4. Yes.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:14 AM
MerakiAutoworks
Supporting Vendor

Received 588 Likes on 519 Posts

Its worth it, but I feel like a lot of owners switch it out for aftermarket systems anyways.

-Josh
Old 03-01-2018, 09:07 PM
wrecker3
Melting Slicks

Received 1,471 Likes on 742 Posts

Track mode !!!

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Q...NB4A1fbcOEMc7-
Old 03-01-2018, 11:13 PM
C5_Tom
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

I had B&B systems on both my C5 and C6. Both droned at approximately 1800 rpm don't believe the "their systems don't drone crap". Have NPP on the C7 and its great no drone, when it's in sport mode I leave it there all the time.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:26 PM
konqueror5
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

It is noticeable! I swapped x pipes and had fuse 42 pulled. I put the fuse back in and played around with the modes on the highway to hear the difference. Getting headers this weekend and want the ability to quiet it down for early morning cold starts since my garage is below the master bedroom. I'd say get it but listen to the tone. Folks that swap for aftermarket NPP (from factory NPP) seem to report its about tone, not volume. Biggest difference with aftermarket NPP I believ is stock is 2.75" and aftermarket are 3", don't quote me though.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

NPP in track mode is loud. People who I know that have been in cars I passed on the track say the car is loud when I go by at full throttle.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Sport exhaust system

Quick Reply: Sport exhaust system