C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going on 6 weeks...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 11:13 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,806 Likes on 4,237 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Default Going on 6 weeks...

Since I’ve been able to drive the GS. I don’t know how you guys up North stand it all Winter without being able to drive your cars. Not that I even drive it that much, but just the fact that I can’t drive it & just have to look at it sitting in the garage every day it’s starting to get to me

I pulled the seats out 6 weeks ago to send the covers off to Interior Innovations so they can make me some custom skins. My wife tried to make me feel better by ordering me the GM Carbon Edition hood & that should be here next week then get sent off to the paint shop. It worked

The positive is it’s top off weather here & I can take the top & doors off the Jeep as I wait to put the GS back together
Old 04-25-2018, 12:12 AM
45gunner
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

Driving a Corvette is truly a unique experience that puts the fun back into driving. After my second Corvette, I took a break and tried a BMW 750Li. Great driving machine but boring. I then tried a BMW 640i. Also a great driving machine and very fast...but boring (except when the twin turbos kick in.) Gave a shot at a Jaguar XK Convertible. Great looking and great handling machine. Got lots of compliments. Very fast car but boring. I traded the Jag for my third Corvette and remembered why I like Corvettes. It really makes driving fun again and I am a fan of manual transmissions so it occupies and entertains me when driving. I liked it so much I bought my 4th Corvette while still in possession of number 3. Number 3 is a base convertible with the standard 430 HP...great handling car. Number 4 is a 60th Anniversary 427 and is a rocket ship with wheels. I look forward to getting out on the road just to cruise and find places to go just to drive the cars. And at nearly 72 years old, I feel like a youngster while playing with my toys.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Aggie76
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JABCAT
Since I’ve been able to drive the GS. I don’t know how you guys up North stand it all Winter without being able to drive your cars. Not that I even drive it that much, but just the fact that I can’t drive it & just have to look at it sitting in the garage every day it’s starting to get to me

I pulled the seats out 6 weeks ago to send the covers off to Interior Innovations so they can make me some custom skins. My wife tried to make me feel better by ordering me the GM Carbon Edition hood & that should be here next week then get sent off to the paint shop. It worked

The positive is it’s top off weather here & I can take the top & doors off the Jeep as I wait to put the GS back together
As one of those "guys up North" I can tell you that I stand it with having plenty of other winter distractions with hobbies, toys and activities. I typically put the car to bed in mid to late October, just in time for deer rifle season begin in early November. Then comes muzzle loader season as well. Snow and ice on the lake arrive to create opportunities for snowmobiling and ice fishing which last until April when I can wake the C6 up for the summer.

Actually the worst time for me is in the next week or two even with warm weather finally here. We get terrible frost heaves nearly the full length of our half mile gravel road as the ground thaws and moisture comes out. Creates what I can only describe as the muddy soil being lifted up nearly a foot and becoming nearly impassible even in my F150 and in my wife's Yukon XL Denali. I am sure others on the forum who are "up North" know exactly what I am talking about.

Be sure and post pictures when you get your seats and hood installed. Sounds fantastic.

Last edited by Aggie76; 04-25-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:45 PM
JABCAT
Race Director

Received 8,806 Likes on 4,237 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified

Originally Posted by Aggie76
As one of those "guys up North" I can tell you that I stand it with having plenty of other winter distractions with hobbies, toys and activities. I typically put the car to bed in mid to late October, just in time for deer rifle season begin in early November. Then comes muzzle loader season as well. Snow and ice on the lake arrive to create opportunities for snowmobiling and ice fishing which last until April when I can wake the C6 up for the summer.

Actually the worst time for me is in the next week or two even with warm weather finally here. We get terrible frost heaves nearly the full length of our half mile gravel road as the ground thaws and moisture comes out. Creates what I can only describe as the muddy soil being lifted up nearly a foot and becoming nearly impassible even in my F150 and in my wife's Yukon XL Denali. I am sure others on the forum who are "up North" know exactly what I am talking about.

Be sure and post pictures when you get your seats and hood installed. Sounds fantastic.
I grew up up North in Chicago-land, but have been in the South/Southwest for the last 20 years. Can't imagine living back up there. Interior Innovations sent me sample pics of the logo for my headrests today which looked great. Couldn't really be sure of the color of the stitching so I sent off a sample today to ensure all the stitching matches in my interior. Hopefully not too much longer.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:46 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Yup, Chicago winters still suck...
Old 04-26-2018, 03:23 AM
Torchsport
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 226 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

I deal with it by putting 3,000 miles on my snowmobiles and skiing.

Get notified of new replies

To Going on 6 weeks...

Quick Reply: Going on 6 weeks...