C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tony Mamo MMS 260 cc LS3 Heads with spin monster cam result

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 09:38 PM
joshblevins
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Tony Mamo MMS 260 cc LS3 Heads with spin monster cam result

Wanting to see how far I could get with just a NA vette while keeping as much drivability as possible. I have a 2008 ls3 m6 corvette with now 118k miles. here is the list of parts that were installed this go around.

MMs 260cc Ls3 heads (TFS Castings) milled to 64cc (11.38 to 1)
Hollow valve upgrade
Yella Terra Ls3 ultra lite rockers 1.8 ratio
new custom pushrods
johnson link bar performance lifters with .93 limited plunger travel
Timing chain (for everybody that whined and cried about it last time)
ATI 10% underdrive pulley with new belts

Now for some review points, Mr. Tony himself is FANTASTIC!!! He is extremely easy to work with and will give you options as to what you can do and what he recommends without trying to pressure you into buying more. He is extremely knowledgeable about what he does and his work shows it! I am highly impressed with his work and the results I received from the parts. With the awesome work from Tony and from spins custom cam (which I received from bobspeakspeedshop) I can honestly say the car drives like stock until you stomp it and then you get the lovely sinking into the seats feeling. Spins cam would have slight areas that it would be a little rough (sure I could get that out with some more tuning) and some areas where power was not 100% there but with tonys custom heads it was a beautiful combination! car hardly bucks anymore around 1500 and just feels downright smooth. This vette is my daily driver, I put about 100 miles a day on the car just to and from work. Heavy traffic is a promise on the way home so I definitely get use of the clutch lol. I'm honestly impressed at the results and extremely satisfied with my purchase from all parties. just in case some people forgot this was my post from back in november/december when I had the cam installed.

Dyno day, it was 90 degrees with some humidity but it is NC nothing new here lol same dyno I did my cam on and by the same people. End result 521.39 rwhp! thats about 603 roughly at the crank!!!

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...p-results.html

should hopefully be getting some great videos up with me from mexico to show how it stands up to other modded cars as well.

P.S wife wasn't happy with the heads on the kitchen table for a month LOL!!!
Attached Images         
The following 3 users liked this post by joshblevins:
Cam323 (08-13-2019), djjmk1 (06-20-2023), Tim90NOS (10-05-2022)

Popular Reply

07-24-2018, 01:30 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Tech
Quite a few people dealing with valve float with those heads and rockers (LS7, so 1.8 ratio rockers). Keep an eye on it.
WRONG....Please stop spreading bad information.

It's the very core of what's inherently wrong with most of these automotive performance forums and I will be taking a much more active role in shutting it down from here forward

In fact this build is just another example of the quality and the potential of the parts I provide. Ironically this power curve exhibits stellar valve control so that was a pretty silly thing to say looking at the data here.

Real world results and the feedback from my customers concerning my products and combinations speak much louder than the recent spread of bad 3rd party information in the LS7 community. Most of the people even discussing this wouldn't know what valve float looked like on a graph if it bit them in the shorts but the real bottom line is that this stems from a few builds over the last few months that had issues not related to the parts I provided (most of it install error). One customer had bad ignition wires, another a poor remote coil install shorting to the firewall, and another customer that had the wrong length pushrods installed. When you deal with enough people your bound to have issues come up from install errors that's naturally out of control of the guy providing the parts so in the future I would appreciate it if you try to be part of the solution and not the problem.

Josh (the OP)......congrats on the build and it looks like everything turned out great. I enjoyed dealing with you and good to see the project completed and on the road

If you need anything else in the future keep me in mind and feel free to reach out anytime if you have any questions on the heads or anything else I helped you with.

Most importantly enjoy the car and the additional HP and TQ....Im sure its alot more fun now!

Cheers,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com
Old 06-08-2018, 10:01 PM
mcm95403
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 223 Likes on 145 Posts

Great results and the car looks great - almost a clone of my 2007

Where did you get your fender emblems?
Old 06-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Hallett
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice results. 👍
The following users liked this post:
joshblevins (06-09-2018)
Old 06-09-2018, 12:26 AM
Curt D
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

Nice!
Glad to see the results. I’m cammed now but thinking of a MM cam and heads package. I have the same car...other than the blacked out bits.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:02 AM
joshblevins
Advanced

Originally Posted by mcm95403
Great results and the car looks great - almost a clone of my 2007

Where did you get your fender emblems?
thanks man! The badges are very nicely made!
https://m.ebay.com/itm/2-GM-CHEVY-CH...=1896427804011

and the hash marks are great quality with a 5 yr guarantee

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-Fend...=1563486334013
Old 06-09-2018, 01:06 AM
joshblevins
Advanced

Originally Posted by Curt D
Nice!
Glad to see the results. I’m cammed now but thinking of a MM cam and heads package. I have the same car...other than the blacked out bits.
just love this color man!!! And to have this power with the drivability is amazing!! Gas milage is not bad at all either!
Old 06-09-2018, 10:15 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

Was anything done on heads porting wise on old set up?
Old 06-09-2018, 11:14 AM
joshblevins
Advanced

Originally Posted by double06
Was anything done on heads porting wise on old set up?
no sir they were 100% stock ls3 heads. Got them setting on my table right now lol. My excuse to get new heads were that the head gasket would need to be changed soon anyways so why not go all out 😂😂😂
Old 06-10-2018, 05:11 PM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Great results, I'm running a similar set up on my little LS2.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:37 PM
jaybee924
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 84 Posts

WoW great results!!!
joshblevins (06-13-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 01:16 AM
AznPrswayzn
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Still running the stock LS3 intake?
Old 06-11-2018, 06:04 AM
joshblevins
Advanced

Originally Posted by AznPrswayzn
Still running the stock LS3 intake?
stock intake and throttle body but they are match ported
Old 06-12-2018, 10:43 AM
GS_DAN
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Those are awesome numbers and making me want to get those heads even more. What made you go with the 1.8 rockers? Don't know a lot of info on those other than the LS7 run them.

Thanks
Old 06-12-2018, 11:12 AM
joshblevins
Advanced

Originally Posted by GS_DAN
Those are awesome numbers and making me want to get those heads even more. What made you go with the 1.8 rockers? Don't know a lot of info on those other than the LS7 run them.

Thanks
tony suggested them to me to squeeze alittle more power out. Not sure just how much i got wih them and yella terra definitely arent the cheapeast but i know i wont have to worry about them for a pretty long time. I was going for the most power and for the one and done kinda game. Havent decided if i want to deal with e85 or not but only time will tell.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:18 PM
hungryhippo
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Nice gains, those will probably be my next upgrade even though I have ported heads. I would have expected a bump in midrange power from the compression bump.
Old 07-21-2018, 08:53 PM
Bigwebb
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

What tire setup are you running, and how’s traction?

Daniel
Old 07-21-2018, 09:04 PM
Che70velle
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

Great numbers! Tony is the real deal, not only in our LS world, but all across the Motorsports industry as well.
When you deal with Tony, you make a friend for life. And I have to say that your wife is awesome to let you use the table like that. My wife would throw my stuff in the garbage!
Navy Blue 210 (07-22-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Tony Mamo MMS 260 cc LS3 Heads with spin monster cam result

Old 07-22-2018, 08:16 AM
joshblevins
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bigwebb
What tire setup are you running, and how’s traction?

Daniel
im just runniNg continental extreme’s right now its my daily so i dont want to be tossing money out the window on high end tires lol but the grip isnt terrible just can not stomp it under 3700rpms in 2nd gear. Sometimes they will even spin no matter how high you are in second lol
Old 07-22-2018, 08:17 AM
joshblevins
Advanced

Originally Posted by Che70velle
Great numbers! Tony is the real deal, not only in our LS world, but all across the Motorsports industry as well.
When you deal with Tony, you make a friend for life. And I have to say that your wife is awesome to let you use the table like that. My wife would throw my stuff in the garbage!
I agree with 100% on that! Yeah truat me mine was ready to toss them until she found out the price 😂😂😂
Old 07-22-2018, 10:11 AM
edmundu
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by joshblevins

I agree with 100% on that! Yeah truat me mine was ready to toss them until she found out the price 😂😂😂
If I disclosed what it cost, I would be thrown out, and she would have kept the heads to sell off to one of you guys on here

Quick Reply: Tony Mamo MMS 260 cc LS3 Heads with spin monster cam result