Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

Vendor help, Southern Car Parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 09:47 PM
JBurmenko
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Vendor help, Southern Car Parts

Hey everyone I ordered a Halltech Intake for my ls2, I ordered it on the 17th (5 days ago). I havn't heard anything since, no confirmation of shipping. I have called them twice and emailed them with no response. What should I do?

Can everyone who has purchased from there give me some insight below. Thank you!!
Old 07-22-2018, 11:11 PM
rossi190
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JBurmenko
Hey everyone I ordered a Halltech Intake for my ls2, I ordered it on the 17th (5 days ago). I havn't heard anything since, no confirmation of shipping. I have called them twice and emailed them with no response. What should I do?

Can everyone who has purchased from there give me some insight below. Thank you!!
I went through the same thing with these guys. I finally had to dispute the charge with my credit card after a month. There are many, many other complaints about Southern Car Parts.

In my opinion, they should be removed as a vendor.

Last edited by rossi190; 07-22-2018 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:18 AM
87SAM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 250 Posts

I think they have been removed as a forum vendor. OP, you might as well contact your CC company now.
Old 07-23-2018, 05:18 AM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

Maryland Speed, Southerncarparts two of the places I ordered many things from years ago, when I bought my GS, they both had excellent customer service, sorry they have gone to hell.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:27 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
Maryland Speed, Southerncarparts two of the places I ordered many things from years ago, when I bought my GS, they both had excellent customer service, sorry they have gone to hell.
i have to agree, i purchased a few things from Southern Car, no issues at all, good response time and always answers phone or calls back and email response is good.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:29 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by 87SAM
I think they have been removed as a forum vendor. OP, you might as well contact your CC company now.

they have not been removed.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:50 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Forget it. They will not call or return email. I went through this with them 2 weeks ago. They don't stock anything, it's on the basis of "if Dave remembers he will transmit the order and it'll be drop shipped. And hope he transmits the right order."

O ordered a Halltech 103 from them. Never heard a word back. After several emails and calls I finally called Halltech. When they got the order and shipped it to me it was wrong. SCP had ordered a 108. Halltech being the standup company they are paid for me to ship it back and sent me a correct one without waiting for the wrong one back.

To this day I have yet to receive a call or an email from David over at Southern Car Parts acknowledging that the product shipped, that I called, or that I emailed. Nada. Zip. Zero.

Call Halltech and ask. They may have received your order. It may even have shipped. they don't send a tracking number because it's up to the vendor you bought it from to forward that to you. They are a standup company and good group of people. I am surprised that they are letting a dirtbag like S.C.P. harm their name.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:55 AM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

I have a History with them mostly good. Ive found that if its not in stock thats where the trouble starts. They are in the middle and subject to their suppliers. As for their lack of communication I think they need some help improving this function. It eases customers just to know they arent forgotten. Even negitive responces are good. At least you know where you stand...but like I said mostly good

Clif
Old 07-23-2018, 03:08 PM
LV Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Can you order directly from Haltech? If so, I’d go that way, even if it costs a little more!
Old 07-25-2018, 01:03 AM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Holy crap, I just ordered a Vette Air Scoop from them. I talked on the phone with the guy and he said he would call me back on word when the part would ship. To my surprise, he called back within an hour. Unfortunately I have not heard anything since. He told me the scoops would be restocked this past Monday and would ship. I am going to call them today or tomorrow about them.

I was screwed by Maryland Speed, I have no issues charging back ASAP if something goes wrong. I dispise parts places that stock nothing.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:12 AM
JBurmenko
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate
Holy crap, I just ordered a Vette Air Scoop from them. I talked on the phone with the guy and he said he would call me back on word when the part would ship. To my surprise, he called back within an hour. Unfortunately I have not heard anything since. He told me the scoops would be restocked this past Monday and would ship. I am going to call them today or tomorrow about them.

I was screwed by Maryland Speed, I have no issues charging back ASAP if something goes wrong. I dispise parts places that stock nothing.
Who did you get in contact to? what number did you call
Old 08-24-2018, 07:22 AM
DRadel
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been waiting 7 weeks for painted parts. Seems if you contact them more than once
they get tired of you and won't respond anymore. Charged my card right away though.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:39 AM
Sox-Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 345 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Innovate

And.... Did he follow through?
Old 08-24-2018, 01:17 PM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 355 Likes on 220 Posts

Problems with SCP is well documented. They need to be dropped as a vendor.

Get notified of new replies

To Vendor help, Southern Car Parts

Quick Reply: Vendor help, Southern Car Parts