C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ipod and Audio Cable in Center Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 06:39 PM
DBasque
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod and Audio Cable in Center Armrest

I just got a 2005 C6 base model and in the center console/armrest compartment there are two cables installed. One looks like an older Ipod hookup and the other looks like an audio jack (not pin). Just curious what the audio jack would be used for? What devices this is intended for. Also if I plug in any devices, such as an ipod, how would I get it to work through the speakers, do I just hit the aux button on the stereo? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Old 09-25-2018, 06:58 PM
EVRose
Race Director

Received 772 Likes on 612 Posts

It's not OEM so just try it and see what makes it work.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:05 PM
mellojoe
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

Yeah, sounds like an Aux Input cable. It's for playing music through the stereo from any audio device with a line out, including phones prior to the iPhone and usb connectivity.

Select AUX, and hit play on your device. That's it.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:20 PM
johny125
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DBasque
I just got a 2005 C6 base model and in the center console/armrest compartment there are two cables installed. One looks like an older Ipod hookup and the other looks like an audio jack (not pin). Just curious what the audio jack would be used for? What devices this is intended for. Also if I plug in any devices, such as an ipod, how would I get it to work through the speakers, do I just hit the aux button on the stereo? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Is one of the cables a thick white cable? If so, it is probably attached to a GM PAL (Personal Audio Link) cable located to a PAL box mounted behind your rear "waterfall". This cable will indeed allow you to use an IPOD through your GM OEM stereo. Do a search for GM PAL and you will find many links and operating manuals on how it functions.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:33 AM
DBasque
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johny125
Is one of the cables a thick white cable? If so, it is probably attached to a GM PAL (Personal Audio Link) cable located to a PAL box mounted behind your rear "waterfall". This cable will indeed allow you to use an IPOD through your GM OEM stereo. Do a search for GM PAL and you will find many links and operating manuals on how it functions.
No both cables are black - I definitely know that one is for an IPod hookup - it mates with my older nano version. The other one just looks like an aux jack, but I couldn't think of any devices i would attach to it, the jack is broken anyways, so I wont be using it, I actually might replace it with a USB at a later date, its certainly not a priority at this time.
Old 10-09-2018, 10:28 AM
TorchRedFred
Le Mans Master

Received 1,636 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by DBasque
The other one just looks like an aux jack, but I couldn't think of any devices i would attach to it.
How about your phone or any iPod to send music to your head unit.

And please don't say your phone doesn't have an auxiliary jack. I know all my newer iPhones came with the lightning to auxiliary jack connector attached to the ear buds. Older models had an auxiliary jack.

Get notified of new replies

To Ipod and Audio Cable in Center Armrest

Quick Reply: Ipod and Audio Cable in Center Armrest