Sponsored by:

Early 78 with ZX2 but non-intermittant

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 01:28 PM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Received 718 Likes on 466 Posts

Default Early 78 with ZX2 but non-intermittant

A need a picture of the cover for an early 78 with ZX2 but not the intermittant feature. My pink wire fell off and I just realized it. Picke up the pink lead from Lectric Limited but not sure how it connects through the cover. Covers are different when intermittant is included.

Any help appreciated.
Old 04-27-2024, 07:57 AM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

Received 1,306 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Go to the Zip link and click on the photo of the motor cover showing the back side.
To me, the pink wire is soldiered to a insulator along with a resistor...
On that pulse cover there is also a plastic ratchet device that when pulse is selected it sends power to the washer pump delivering "Several Squirts"
Zip Link: https://www.zip-corvette.com/78-82-w...se-wipers.html
The following users liked this post:
LenWoodruff (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 09:29 PM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

You're looking at the "pulse" option that provided the intermittant feature. Look lower at Zip and you'll see the non-pulse cover. Of course it shows no pink wire. But wire schematics show the pink lead for the washer function. But then where does it attach?
Old 04-27-2024, 09:40 PM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

Originally Posted by hunt4cleanair
You're looking at the "pulse" option that provided the intermittant feature. Look lower at Zip and you'll see the non-pulse cover. Of course it shows no pink wire. But wire schematics show the pink lead for the washer function. But then where does it attach?
The non-pulse motor is just a standard wiper motor.
When you turn your ignition switch on you are powering one side of the washer pump. When you select wash from the wiper switch you are completing the circuit with a ground.
I don't understand what you want to do with the pink wire you purchased then...?
Old 04-28-2024, 05:57 AM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Originally Posted by bmotojoe
The non-pulse motor is just a standard wiper motor.
When you turn your ignition switch on you are powering one side of the washer pump. When you select wash from the wiper switch you are completing the circuit with a ground.
I don't understand what you want to do with the pink wire you purchased then...?
Send it back?

What remains is a loose pink connector coming from the cabin harness and a wiring schematic showing a pink wire that operates the washers.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:40 AM
bmotojoe
Safety Car

Originally Posted by hunt4cleanair
Send it back?

What remains is a loose pink connector coming from the cabin harness and a wiring schematic showing a pink wire that operates the washers.
So you have a Pink wire at the washer pump?
You should also have a White wire?
These 2 wires should land in a plastic 2 wire connector housing that then plugs into the washer pump directly...
White is from the wiper fuse, HOT when ignition is in either the ACCY or ON positions...
The Ground from the wiper switch is Blue on the main dash harness to the fuse panel, then as it passes through the bulkhead connector (C115) the wire color changes to Pink.
The plastic connector housing at the pump is kind of an oddball, it is a series 56 FM housing but the span between the 2 terminals is just a tad wider than a standard series 56 2 wire housing.
If you need a link to the replacement connector housing let me know.
The original locking style housing is no longer available...

Old 04-28-2024, 08:19 AM
BKarol
Melting Slicks

Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Tom I have a May 78 and do not have pulse wiper. The cover is flat with no pink wire coming out, however I do have the pink wire connector coming out from the wiring harness and it just hangs there.

Guess that connector was installed in all the cars and the wiper motor itself with the connector is the difference

Eventhough you ordered it in early production you did not get it. I assume those that ordered it and did not get the pulse, just got the flat cover.?
Old 04-28-2024, 10:12 AM
kanvasman
Melting Slicks

Received 808 Likes on 556 Posts

Tom, this is as close to a pink wire as I can find. On my 78 that wire that looks reddish is actually pink and it just goes to a ground lug beneath the plug. Not sure if that's what you are talking about. Thx. Jim

Old 04-28-2024, 12:09 PM
hunt4cleanair
Safety Car

Originally Posted by kanvasman
Tom, this is as close to a pink wire as I can find. On my 78 that wire that looks reddish is actually pink and it just goes to a ground lug beneath the plug. Not sure if that's what you are talking about. Thx. Jim
The white wire/plug plugs to that ground lug on mind. And as Karol notes...the pink wire/connector from the harness...just hangs. I'm concluding here that prior to the intermittant feature, we got the harness but not the mechanism. My window sticker shows a credit for ZX2.

Get notified of new replies

To Early 78 with ZX2 but non-intermittant

Quick Reply: Early 78 with ZX2 but non-intermittant