Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Eureka Springs Corvette Weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 12:39 PM
C5Nate
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kansas City Area Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11,'13

Again, I love to see the burnouts and do them myself.

I know that many shows do have a burnout contest, I also know that insurance for these types of shows is big $$$.

The committee of club volunteers that put the show take on a big responsibility to even hold the Eureka show.

The number of actual residents that live in Eureka who encourage the burnouts I guess would be pretty low. Most of the bar patrons are visitors to Eureka and always seem to be the most vocal.

No, I wont be the one who organizes a rogue mid-night cruise. If they feel they need to cancel the cruise then I will respect their decision to do so. The ESCW committee members are the ones who put their necks out to put on this show. :b:I WILL :/b: abide by their rules.

Just as you would not stop in the middle of the track at the Texas Motor Speedway and start doing donuts like the NASCAR guys do. If the Lone Star Club could not control this, then the event would also be shut down.

I would hate to lose the privilege to have the show in such a nice part of the country. If the town or committee decided that they can no longer accept the responsibilities of sponsoring the show, due to this, it would be a disgrace.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:22 PM
coopscustoms
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The sad part in all of this is that more times than not it is the local boys doing the most and most dangerous burnouts. How many times have we watched or ran from the side of the road when one of the local teens gets out there and does burnouts. The thing that gets me is that the police are too busy watching just the vettes and not watching everyone.

It is a wonderful show, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

And hey The One.... it is not like we need egged on much either. I guess that is why we work, to buy new tires after every show.

Quick Reply: Eureka Springs Corvette Weekend.