Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Santa Claus has asked me to to ask you...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 03:03 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

Default Santa Claus has asked me to to ask you...

FWIW, Some of you know this Phatt man from East Tennessee dresses up in his red and white party clothes this time of year. Last night I attended the ETCC monthly meeting where some of our best folks, SMC and old timey ETCC, hang out every first Tuesday of the month. We were finalizing plans for our "angel tree" night this coming Saturday night.
I encourage everyone here to participate in this type giving in the next couple of weeks.

The club donated $3000 towards gifts for underpriveledged children in our area. We are going to a Wal Mart this Saturday evening and the original plans were to spend around $70 each for about 60 of the neediest kids of our region. A charity called 'Angel tree' is our agency that helps us determine which kids we make sure have something under the tree. Wal Mart also donated $1000 towards the cause. {love 'em or hate 'em, thanks Wally world}

Now the really good part,,,,,,,,

Before our meeting broke up, many individuals donated enough money to raise our total gift amount to about $5500. This will allow us to make Christmas much happier for at least 20 more kids.

I would like to encourage everyone to think of those kids in families less fortunate than most of us are, and visit an angel tree, {or it's equivelent} and make some child's Chistmas a little bit better this year.

Thank you ETCC For your generousity
Steve Fischer WEb master ETCC. http://www.etcorvette.com/

BTW Congratulations to our new President Jamie Slick's alter ego, Janie Flick
Her VP, Gerry Raines {Eddies better half}
Secretary: Linda Duncan
Treasurer: Tom Webber
Governor: Don Blind
Sgt @ Arms: Nick Thompson

Last edited by Phanni; 12-06-2006 at 04:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 AM
tsgt tommy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats to all the officers of the club. i will be there Sat to help with the Angel Tree shopping!!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:44 AM
tsgt tommy
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for having me at your meeting and voting me in!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Jamie Slick
Team Owner

Location: "The people you choose to surround yourself with define who you are..."
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Welcome Tommy! We love getting new members, and we'll get you involved right away!!!

Thanks everyone! I hope I do the club justice. I want to see the club grow and meet everyone's expectations. We have a variety of interests and styles, and I will put priority on making sure we meet all of them. I will certainly need lots of help, that's for sure! So thanks in advance.

See ya'll Saturday for sure. Will try to make the dinner Friday night too.

Get notified of new replies

To Santa Claus has asked me to to ask you...

Quick Reply: Santa Claus has asked me to to ask you...